want a laptop

What are you planning to use it for?

If it is simple surfing, e mail, some nice games then Ipad2 is champ! IPad2 done saved my family life! If it were not for Ipad, I wont be able to reach my wife while I was back in hospital. Mind you, hospital is one hour away from my own home. I love Facetime! Video quality is a killer. I am now seriously want to put that one on first of shopping list after getting next tax refund! Best part is that top of line Ipad 2 cost only 828 dollars.

My grandparents are giving me up to $1000 for a new computer. I'm looking around at laptops to replace my Acer Aspire netbook (it's like 3 years old, doesn't even work all that well anymore). I want a good sturdy quality laptop (not a Mac, won't be able to afford that, don't want the Mac Air or whatever it is). Any of you have any suggestions? I want a laptop that'll last a good long while, at least 6-8 GB RAM, have a lot of performance capabilities... Definitely avoiding Dells, don't want to go for Acer either. I've been all over the internet, comparing and reading reviews. Will go back to Best Buy to look at their laptops more closely, maybe even Staples. Will also check with a local computer shop as well (they also do customizations).

Back