want a laptop

One may install Linux on a PC and have the same virus protection as Mac (in cases) even better.

Linux's app are so limited unlike OSX. Even OSX have more games than Linux. Linux is good for server and simple user.

Debian has thousands of applications, all for free, you think OSX has more? lmao

I can do anything you can do on OSX, also I don't get told what music I can and can't play. Or where I can buy DVD's from, as for games, you haven't heard of PlayOnLinux then? Home - PlayOnLinux - Run your Windows applications on Linux easily!

OH yeah I am sure all of them are junk and useless to me. Even OpenOffice and GIMP are suck. No wonder they are free. I am very happy with Photoshop and M$ Office over crap free software. Yes, I tried BOTH of them before. You get what You pay for

I heard lot linux user got headache thru game as Steam Welcome to Steam but no problem for OSX user and Windows user

illegally obtained? :hmm:

No, I've lived in several countries and regions, why do I have to re-buy DVD's I have bought because I have moved?

It's all a con to make us keep buying the same stuff, Microsoft and Apple must have got a cut, but I did not. :roll:

No, I've lived in several countries and regions, why do I have to re-buy DVD's I have bought because I have moved?

It's all a con to make us keep buying the same stuff, Microsoft and Apple must have got a cut, but I did not. :roll:

because law's a law.

OH yeah I am sure all of them are junk and useless to me. Even OpenOffice and GIMP are suck. No wonder they are free. I am very happy with Photoshop and M$ Office over crap free software. Yes, I tried BOTH of them before. You get what You pay for

I heard lot linux user got headache thru game as Steam Welcome to Steam but no problem for OSX user and Windows user

If you can afford Photoshop and MS Office for home use then you have more money than I do. For what I need gthumb does what I want and Libre Office opens everything work sends me. My reason for not using Microsoft products is their lying, cheating ways and the idea that they can buy off anyone that opposes them.

If you can afford Photoshop and MS Office for home use then you have more money than I do. For what I need gthumb does what I want and Libre Office opens everything work sends me. My reason for not using Microsoft products is their lying, cheating ways and the idea that they can buy off anyone that opposes them.

there's student discount for those products.

Then it's not for home use is it? Even so I why pay for something which would be of no value to me?

student can use it for home use, you know?

Firstly, the reason I use Linux is because it's FREE and it has the same virus protection as Apple. The source code is WIDE open, so if you want improvements, you are free to do them yourself. Secondly, the app store is NOT the only place to find apps. You may download apps from other websites. That's where a good 70-80% of my apps come from. Thirdly, Linux has about as many games as I've ever seen run on an Apple computer (school has had plenty). Play on Linux is great but not required to enjoy Linux. Last but not least, there are a ton of different systems called Linux. Saying the app store in one of those systems determines the app selection in another one of those systems is presumptuous. Ubuntu doesn't have the same app selection as Fedora or as ChromeOS or Android (yes that's linux), or Debian. If the student were using it for just paper work or image editing, it would be a GREAT alternative. As for GIMP, I haven't found anything that photoshop can do, that GIMP can't. The only real problem I have with Linux is that it voids a PC's warranty. All the applications which aren't supported by Linux are merely not supported because the company doesn't want to write code for another platform. It's not the fault of Linux itself. If you haven't tried Linux in a while though, I'd say you're missing out. It's really gotten faster over the last few years (Especially Ubuntu).

I have owned few PC laptops,

MSI and Lenovo are two best one.

AVOID HP AT ALL COST!!!!

Honestly, Lenovo is a piece of crap. Especially after it was sold off to China.

Honestly, Lenovo is a piece of crap. Especially after it was sold off to China.

Yeah, I agree that the quality of Lenovos is nothing like Thinkpad, quality was sacrificed to make it more affordable.

In last decade, quality of pc laptop has plunged since laptops are expected to be obsolete in few years. I had better luck with MSI and Lenovo compared with few others.

If you want quality, get mac. I bought macbook pro for my girl 5 years ago, and up to today she is still using it! The manufactured quality of macbook pro is incredible.

Back