Do the math
McDonalds Egg McMuffin= $2.89 + 6% tax= $3.02

Your Egg McMuffin

one egg=30 cents
one english muffin= 39 cents
Slice of cheese=49 cents
one canadian bacon= 63 cents

your cost $1.81 no tax

You are leaving off the cost of the machine. AND you don't need the machine IF you already have a microwave, toaster, and small bowl about the same diameter as the English Muffins. Butter the bowl, put the egg in it, pierce the yoke with a toothpick, cover with plastic wrap and microwave the amount of time your microwave needs for both the white & yoke to set. While that is in the microwave toast the English Muffin. When both are done assemble with the cheese and Canadian Bacon. Wrap in a paper towel and stick in the microwave just long enough to heat the bacon and melt the cheese.

It takes longer to write this than to do it!

The Machine will pay for itself. Plus its faster. Just like the Flowbee saved me money for the past 5 years from going to an expensive barber now.

You are leaving off the cost of the machine. AND you don't need the machine IF you already have a microwave, toaster, and small bowl about the same diameter as the English Muffins. Butter the bowl, put the egg in it, pierce the yoke with a toothpick, cover with plastic wrap and microwave the amount of time your microwave needs for both the white & yoke to set. While that is in the microwave toast the English Muffin. When both are done assemble with the cheese and Canadian Bacon. Wrap in a paper towel and stick in the microwave just long enough to heat the bacon and melt the cheese.

It takes longer to write this than to do it!
That's actually interesting.

I noticed at Walmart today you can buy round frozen scrambled egg patties to make sausage / egg muffin sandwiches. Another McDonald's staple.

I have a tiny frying pan that is egg mcmuffin sized. MUCH cheaper than this machine (and machines break).

like this one (and it came with a tiny spatula too lol)
5069d9d6dbd0cb3061000ad9._w.1500_s.fit_.jpg

And.. canadian bacon? Pfft..

tumblr_mg19gtBAdL1s2rb3xo1_400.jpg

THIS is what belongs on an Egg (Mc)Muffin!! Mmmm.

Last edited:
I've tried this "machine." It is not worth it since it makes a mess because eggs leaks out the opening in between. I ended up giving it away after few tries.

You're supposed to hold the round top down for 30 seconds.Then Egg won't spill then you put top muffin on close top lid and it does the work for you

I have a tiny frying pan that is egg mcmuffin sized. MUCH cheaper than this machine (and machines break).

Ill try that,But the little pan after 2 tries pan becomes hard in sticky and egg will stick to bottom of pan hard to get out.

Ill try that,But the little pan after 2 tries pan becomes hard in sticky and egg will stick to bottom of pan hard to get out.

Use cooking spray and then clean immediately. Also, don't have the heat too high.

I also happen to have one of these pans. I find it works for one egg but to do a second immediately after it wants to stick for me. It does need to be cleaned after EACH egg.

All you need to make the round egg is a cleaned tuna can opened on both ends. Oil your pan, put the tuna can in, crack your egg in and let it cook. You can also use a cookie cutter.

All you need to make the round egg is a cleaned tuna can opened on both ends. Oil your pan, put the tuna can in, crack your egg in and let it cook. You can also use a cookie cutter.
I'll have to try that one next time I move to a new place (I don't cook much here).

Yep, just use a little cooking spray (like PAM), that always works for me. Also what I do is use the spatula to go around the edge to 'loosen' the egg a bit then it will slide right out.

I may have to toss mine soon it's getting worn and ratty lol. Can't remember when I bought it or got it as a gift, more than 8 years ago at least.

muffin must be something different in States I use muffin baking tin and stick them in oven..chochlate blueberry.. I prefer my version.Pork muffin sorry not for me I would advice take big dose of statins with those muffins

muffin must be something different in States I use muffin baking tin and stick them in oven..chochlate blueberry.. I prefer my version.Pork muffin sorry not for me I would advice take big dose of statins with those muffins

Maybe this link will help you with what we get in the States.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Eng...=RsRDVY6-CYmigwS7moGYDA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAA&dpr=1

Here are results of Googling for McDonald's Egg McMuffin. They are a meal in themselves that McDonald's serves during their breakfast hours. Many of us also like them for lunch and will buy and reheat in the microwave. We also make our own versions.
https://www.google.com/search?q=McDonalds+Egg+McMuffin&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I not with it tonight..there two types muffin then, the English one and the ones that go in muffin tin look like cup cakes...I so not with it tonight I forgot English muffins which I thought more like crumpets...I can't argue with mary berry on above recipes and if want bake good muffin then her recipies are to die for

Caz, aren't there McDonald's restaurants where you are?

Caz, aren't there McDonald's restaurants where you are?

She is in the UK. So, even if there are some within a reasonable distance, the menu may be different than what we have in the USA.

I promise my breakfast sandwiches are way better. Pm for details. :D

Back