Walking With Hearing Aids

SJCSue

Reaction score
I have been walking with Oliver (my puppy). When we are walking, I do not wear my HA's in case a person is watering their lawn. Would you wear your HA's in this situation? I have a mild to moderate hearing loss.

well coming from someone who has implants... i wouldn't even take it off just because someone is watering the lawn, just walk across the street if the water is blasting at the sidewalk.
It cant be any worst than a few drops from the rain right?

I would not worry about a sprinkler going off, since you can walk away from it. I don't wear my aids when I am running or playing tennis, etc, due to excessive sweating.

Sweat is more corrosive than tap or rainwater.

Hearing Aid Safety Device to Cover, Protect, & Prevent Loss of Children's Hearing Aids!
Buy a pair of these and then don't worry. Just slip them off when you get home if they get wet.

Cool! :cool2: I never thought there was a device to keep the hearing aid not get wet from sweat, water spraying, sand, getting dirty and other things that affect hearing aids. I only have one hearing aid on my left ear and I get sweat a lot during the late Spring and Summer. I had to take my hearing off so that the sweat does not affect my battery and hearing aid. I don't mind taking my hearing aid off when I am working outdoors or cleaning up in the house.

Too bad, it is for children and teenagers. :)

Cool! :cool2: I never thought there was a device to keep the hearing aid not get wet from sweat, water spraying, sand, getting dirty and other things that affect hearing aids. I only have one hearing aid on my left ear and I get sweat a lot during the late Spring and Summer. I had to take my hearing off so that the sweat does not affect my battery and hearing aid. I don't mind taking my hearing aid off when I am working outdoors or cleaning up in the house.

Too bad, it is for children and teenagers. :)

No, it's for everyone. THey even advertise old people like in a bed in a nursing home.

I have almost all of them. They are fun. I know more adults who use them too. :)

I always wear my HA when I go out and in the rain, snow etc! I want to know waht is going on around me. You puppy it cute!!

I leave my hearing aids on most of the time when walking my dog, I don't let sprinklers or people watering their lawn bother me.

I keep a scarf in my purse. If it starts raining, it is always available to protect them. I also wear hats more often than other people.

I always have my aids on when walking the dogs. Don't even think about it. I have to hear all the compliments on how cute my babies are!

Seriously, it's just not a problem, and around my neighborhood, everyone seems to walk their dogs at the same time. So I need to hear to be able to have the quick conversations one has with the neighbors while out and about.

What's the deal with hearing aid covers, though, if you get them wet don't they just trap the moisture against the hearing aid? Say you are shopping and you go from shop to shop in light rain, you might get a few drops of water on your HAs but you can dab them with a tissue when you get inside and they dry a bit while you are in shopping, but having a wet cover over them doesn't that just keep them wet?

We are not yet out of the wooly hat season so I just wear a big hat over them just now, but not sure what to do come summertime.

I wouldn't worry about it either. I mean how often does one actually get wet from a lawn sprinkler? Really, it's a little comical if you think about it. Imagine someone getting wet from a lawn sprinkler each time he or she passes a lawn or something! :lol:

What's the deal with hearing aid covers, though, if you get them wet don't they just trap the moisture against the hearing aid? Say you are shopping and you go from shop to shop in light rain, you might get a few drops of water on your HAs but you can dab them with a tissue when you get inside and they dry a bit while you are in shopping, but having a wet cover over them doesn't that just keep them wet?

We are not yet out of the wooly hat season so I just wear a big hat over them just now, but not sure what to do come summertime.

No they repel and keep the aid dry.

I don't usually wear mine when at home simply because I wear them all day and need quiet.
I would where them when walking my pup because I could not hear cars and something that might injure either of us.
Hope this helps!
Michelle

Back