Walking/Running, Anyone?

I know the feeling.

For me, as long as I don't sit (too long)... I can keep walking almost limitless.

I used to think it was ok to sit down for a long period of time. It didn't bother me back then and I didn't think too much of it. I used to feel so tired, being worn out easily by doing some simple tasks, and not being able to sleep well. But, now, I realize that there's more to life than just to sit down. Since I've started to walk/run for a couple of months now, my perspective has changed. Now, I don't like to sit down too long. I get bored easily if I sit down too long. Sometime I feel like I have ADHD or something, lol. One day at a time - you're lucky you can do it almost limitless.

i always take a hot bath after 3-miles jogging. that way you won't get any tireless or soreness body. and make sure you drink a lot of water afterward.

Great tip! Thanks! I should try the hot bath afterward. Water is my new best friend, haha. :)

I used to think it was ok to sit down for a long period of time. It didn't bother me back then and I didn't think too much of it. I used to feel so tired, being worn out easily by doing some simple tasks, and not being able to sleep well. But, now, I realize that there's more to life than just to sit down. Since I've started to walk/run for a couple of months now, my perspective has changed. Now, I don't like to sit down too long. I get bored easily if I sit down too long. Sometime I feel like I have ADHD or something, lol. One day at a time - you're lucky you can do it almost limitless.

Great tip! Thanks! I should try the hot bath afterward. Water is my new best friend, haha. :)
If I'm not doing much, then I can handle sitting down and getting up multiple times throughout the day. I'm not wearing myself out.

However, if I'm doing a lot of walking... then it's like working out. I shouldn't stop what I'm doing, and if I do... then my body begins to relax and I can't get back to it.

It's like having a train of thought. You can sometimes change your thought and then get back, but if you change your thought too long... you forget what you were thinking about before. :Oops:

I have been running in the country for two miles for few months. Lost 10 pounds and hoping to lose more before my birthday.

I just started runnin last week...Im dealin with major chin-splints right now. I was recently on bike/runnin path at small college campus b/c of pile of cherry wood close by..a lot of people exercise which is good.. saw several young good lookin ladies ran in their spandex. :drool:

I just started runnin last week...Im dealin with major chin-splints right now. I was recently on bike/runnin path at small college campus b/c of pile of cherry wood close by..a lot of people exercise which is good.. saw several young good lookin ladies ran in their spandex. :drool:

Outside? :shock:

Wish I could say I'm an avid runner because I'd actually lose weight, but the most running I do is to make the train before it leaves the station.

Laura

I spend about 30 minutes on the tredmill on a good day, 15 on a low motivation day.
I'll run the first two minutes, walk three, run two, walk three...

My goal is to be able to run a mile under 12 minutes eventually.
I clock in at around 14 minutes and a dozen or two seconds nowadays.
I can't wait to break the 13:xx barrier!

Back