Walgreens to stop accepting Medicare Patients

I don't think this is right. I wonder if they are aware they are denying medicaid for people who are unable to work and how cold they appear.

Yes, it was the state's move mainly because to save money I think. It said it to save about $10 million which is just a fraction of $29 billion budget. Bartell Drugs have already done this and Walgreen is joining the bandwagon. They're only doing this with new customers, not the existing ones.

Yep. Again someone is attempting to twist things by not presenting the whole story. Sad when the facts don't back them up, yet they keep trying, isn't it?

Yup, they could go to Wal Mart, Target, Rite Aid or local groceries that include pharmacy dept whatever accept Medicaid.

Exactly. There are other options. This is being presented as if Walgreen's is the only pharmacy in the state of Washington.:roll:

Which of course taise the number of Medicaid customers Walmart and Target ect have.....Hurting their bottom line...But that is their problem

Soooo....you are concerned about this action from Walgreen's, but firmly support the pre-existing insurance clause that is there to increase the bottom line profit for insurance companies. Rather hypocritical, isn't it?

Yep. Again someone is attempting to twist things by not presenting the whole story. Sad when the facts don't back them up, yet they keep trying, isn't it?

Was the whole article not presented?

Soooo....you are concerned about this action from Walgreen's, but firmly support the pre-existing insurance clause that is there to increase the bottom line profit for insurance companies. Rather hypocritical, isn't it?

No concern at all....stating a fact. That is why I ended with "but that is their problem"

Was the whole article not presented?

The whole article was linked, and the title to this thread is still false.

Just because one links an article doesn't mean that the whole stroy has been presented. There are many variables left out of the article.

No concern at all....stating a fact. That is why I ended with "but that is their problem"

A fact that you wish to see health care passed so that you can relish in an "I told you so" state of mind? Again, very humanitarian of you.
It would appear that your desire to be able to say, "I told you so" takes precedence over the health and well being of millions of people.

I think they will switch to a different pharamacy store after they find out that Walgreens do not accept new customers. I don't think it is really a big deal unless ALL of them don't in the whole state of WA then it will impact the poor people population hard.

That is, no doubt, exactly what will happen, sequoias. The patients will simply switch pharmacies and go on their merry way.

A fact that you wish to see health care passed so that you can relish in an "I told you so" state of mind? Again, very humanitarian of you.
It would appear that your desire to be able to say, "I told you so" takes precedence over the health and well being of millions of people.

Nope, I would love to see them cared for....this bill doesn't do it. But in this case my "that is their problem" comment referred to Walmart and Target receiving additional medicaid Rx. They will be ok though....that Walmart :whistle: will just have to whistle a little less often when he is knocking down prices.:lol:

Looks the like the Pharmacies had no choice.

If they continued to fill medicaid prescriptions it would lead to loss of profit and eventually going out of business in Washington state.

It's all because the state lowered the rate of reimbursement, and a little private company got a little greedy.

Ya, it is not Walgreen's fault, they had no choice.

Nope, I would love to see them cared for....this bill doesn't do it. But in this case my "that is their problem" comment referred to Walmart and Target receiving additional medicaid Rx. They will be ok though....that Walmart :whistle: will just have to whistle a little less often when he is knocking down prices.:lol:

This bill certainly does more to care for those that are currently not receiving medical care than does the current situation. Keep the status quo means millions not revceiving medical care. I am not willing for that to continue and neither is the majority of Americans. What you are saying is that no bill should be passed until we have perfection. Perfection is never achieved in anything. The question is, does it provide benefit over and above the current situation.

Looks the like the Pharmacies had no choice.

If they continued to fill medicaid prescriptions it would lead to loss of profit and eventually going out of business in Washington state.

It's all because the state lowered the rate of reimbursement, and a little private company got a little greedy.

Ya, it is not Walgreen's fault, they had no choice.

Second here, you said it all. :)

I am thinking use what you can and what you have. If a person objects strongly enough to Walgreen's not accepting medicaid then don't do any other shopping there.

As alluded to elsewhere in this thread every company has loss leaders. People who goes to the pharmacy will do other shopping while waiting for their prescriptions to be filled.

If you are turned down for your prescriptions and you shop there to buy anything other than a loss leader then you are cutting your own throat.

Management believes it is okay to be cruel in the name of the bottom line -- Therefore give them a bottom line to think about.

This bill certainly does more to care for those that are currently not receiving medical care than does the current situation. Keep the status quo means millions not revceiving medical care. I am not willing for that to continue and neither is the majority of Americans. What you are saying is that no bill should be passed until we have perfection. Perfection is never achieved in anything. The question is, does it provide benefit over and above the current situation.

We will see. I predict the cost of this plan will be at least double what is expected and that insurance rates will continue to rise. Wait time will increase and seriously ill people will flood ERs because they can't get in to see their Dr. Just my prediction :) Basically I expect history to repeat itself. If it comes true the status quo would be better.

BTW I at least backed up my "majority" claim with polls. Do you have anything to back up your"majority" statement? Obama's platform doesn't cut it.....although he ran on health care, it wasn't this plan. Almost everyone is for health care reform.

I am thinking use what you can and what you have. If a person objects strongly enough to Walgreen's not accepting medicaid then don't do any other shopping there.

As alluded to elsewhere in this thread every company has loss leaders. People who goes to the pharmacy will do other shopping while waiting for their prescriptions to be filled.

If you are turned down for your prescriptions and you shop there to buy anything other than a loss leader then you are cutting your own throat.

Management believes it is okay to be cruel in the name of the bottom line -- Therefore give them a bottom line to think about.

Agreed. It is a matter of being true to one's principles.

Back