Waardenburg Syndrome

I had an interesting night. I went to Old Sacramento for DeafHope auction dinner. I met a lady with WS. We chatted about WS symptoms. She is obviously intelligent lady with pretty blue eyes. Anyway, interestingly, she said that she can handle the stress. When she went to Gallaudet to earn BA degree, she had worked hard to get straight A's, held four jobs, and going out on every weekends. She had time for everything that comes to her. I was impressed by her motivation.

I learned more from the lady who sat next to me. She took WS course at Gallaudet years ago. Four regions (East, West, North, and South). WS people from the East Coast are intelligent. WS people from the North are not that intelligent for some environment reasons (ex. education, nutrition, etc). WS from the South are not that many to our eyes. Few WS people live in West Coast.

Fascinating

TweetyBird said:
WOW!! good story.. umm, i just ask u, why ur best friend dont like call her WS??? she should be proud of herself that she is WS... i am proud myself who am i!!!! :)
Yeah.. TweetyBird, I know I try mybest and kept telling her but she doesn't want be idenfitying as ws herself.. she just expecting be as being normal like me everyones too.. So I cannot be blamed herself how much she felt..
I doesn't mind at all. She is happy anyway as well.

Bullym0m said:
Yeah.. TweetyBird, I know I try mybest and kept telling her but she doesn't want be idenfitying as ws herself.. she just expecting be as being normal like me everyones too.. So I cannot be blamed herself how much she felt..
I doesn't mind at all. She is happy anyway as well.
okay.if her feeling that way and her decide who she is.. so i uddy. i dont blame her for that.. oh well... :)

My close friend has WS but she has a mild case of it. She doesn't appear to be WS expect the obvious sign of a "flat forehead". When I first met her, I thought of that character on Star Trek that has Klingon forehead but no "wrinkles".. just flat forehead attaching to the nose... She has this so I thought maybe that was why her boyfriend (who is a Star Trekkie) dated her since she is a "Klingon" :laugh2: She understands the joke and never take offenses.

She said that at her school people consider her as the most prettiest WS girl... and that she always get in fights with many girls who have WS at the school because those girls hate her for not having OBVIOUS signs of WS. she said the signs are "beady eyes, flat forehead, high cheekbones and white hairs"... she only has flat forehead and small white hair but it is just her roots, so she didn't have strands of white hair, you know? if she doesn't dye her hair, she would look like a very youthful attractive 45 yr old woman. :)

Teekie said:
There is not true if someone who have same waardenburg syndrome and not allow to have sex.. there is not true.. Warrdenburg syndrome is not dangerous.. It is genetic pass the family who have history of waardenburg syndrome- like who have white forehead hair, eyes shapes different, deafness, different color eyes.. You noticed few deaf people who have waardenburg syndrome like this..
I have a daughter who is waardenburg Syndrome from her father.. My daughter is only have eye shape from her father's waardenburg syndrome and skin color mark.. Expect- my daughter did not have white forehead hair because her blood cells is strong my blood cells inside and her father is strong waardenburg syndrome from his mother and his great aunt..
Sometime, warrdenburg syndrome dont pass the deafness and can pass deafness by genetic.. My daughter is not deaf and she is hearing expect when she get pregnancy and it will be her child become deaf from genetic of waardenburg syndrome.
I will try to find my paper in file about Waadenburg syndrome explaintion to people to understand better..
I will type it out pretty soon.

Lasza said:
I have another question. Kinda scary to ask. Hope u don't mind to answer. Do some of WS people have temper or hardhead?
I can answer your question.. Some Ws people who have WS it is not mean to be temper or hardhead. Same other normal deaf people who have temper or hardhead who is not have WS.. Some WS people who is smart and some are not.. Sometime WS people who wont admit that they have waardenburg syndrome.. Sometime, I noticed who had Ws and dye color hair to cover white stripe of forehead.. There is no shame to show it.. I know it is hard for everyone to wonder why it is look so different and not like other people look normal.. It is no shame about genetic family who have waardenburg syndrome.
Depend on indiviual of WS people and deaf people who have temper or hardhead. Human is a human.

ChelEler said:
258~ I never knew about this kind of syndrome exist.

Hey, now I'm curious... what color are your eyes to be exact? How about your hair, is it blonde like in your signature?

How do you feel about this Waardenburg Syndrome? I'm not trying to be offensive... but if I am, I'm sorry and please don't bother to answer this if it is not comfortable for you. (I know few people with "Down Syndromes" and I asked them few simple questions and they got offended by these simple questions and I don't mean to do that... I let them go without answering my questions.) That's why I said don't answer if you don't feel comfortable with my question. :D

I can give you the answer of this question.. Down Syndromes and Waardenburg syndromes are not same issues.. Down syndromes who have long training with brain function and teaching lot of things in their lives. Some Down syndromes who is smart and not smart.. Down Syndromes people are look the same of shape the weight, faces, body function. You can see Down Syndromes have long way to learn their own responsiblies in the special program for living indepenence with special supervisior as houseparents. It is hard for normal people deal with Down Syndromes that not normal person as parents are very concerns with Down syndromes child because of brain function and developed..

Waardenberg syndrome is not same as Down syndrome. Waardenberg syndrome as genetic family in blood cells- like pass the genetic of deafness, white patch of hair, widely spaces eyes, color different each eyes, patches of skin. Who have waardenberg syndrome as normal people like us and hearing people. Waardenberg syndrome is not require to have training program like Down syndrome who need to training and learning the living, education, responsiblies..

Sometime, i noticed Down syndrome is amazing who is smart and can do it like normal people and do on own lives.. I remember i saw few down syndrome tv actors on movie and tv shows. it is amazing that prove people that down syndrome is not totally difference and be the same human as human.

I am not sure if help you to understand what is difference between Down syndrome and Waardenberg syndrome.

Xauities said:
I can answer your question.. Some Ws people who have WS it is not mean to be temper or hardhead. Same other normal deaf people who have temper or hardhead who is not have WS.. Some WS people who is smart and some are not.. Sometime WS people who wont admit that they have waardenburg syndrome.. Sometime, I noticed who had Ws and dye color hair to cover white stripe of forehead.. There is no shame to show it.. I know it is hard for everyone to wonder why it is look so different and not like other people look normal.. It is no shame about genetic family who have waardenburg syndrome.
Depend on indiviual of WS people and deaf people who have temper or hardhead. Human is a human.

Yes i notice that, too.. all of people with WS, i met since grew up and have that kind of temper but also, u know deafness people is more emotional and hot-headed, too.

Xauities said:
There is not true if someone who have same waardenburg syndrome and not allow to have sex.. there is not true.. Warrdenburg syndrome is not dangerous.. It is genetic pass the family who have history of waardenburg syndrome- like who have white forehead hair, eyes shapes different, deafness, different color eyes.. You noticed few deaf people who have waardenburg syndrome like this..
I have a daughter who is waardenburg Syndrome from her father.. My daughter is only have eye shape from her father's waardenburg syndrome and skin color mark.. Expect- my daughter did not have white forehead hair because her blood cells is strong my blood cells inside and her father is strong waardenburg syndrome from his mother and his great aunt..
Sometime, warrdenburg syndrome dont pass the deafness and can pass deafness by genetic.. My daughter is not deaf and she is hearing expect when she get pregnancy and it will be her child become deaf from genetic of waardenburg syndrome.
I will try to find my paper in file about Waadenburg syndrome explaintion to people to understand better..
I will type it out pretty soon.
I knew that, I have friends who have WS. I was just shocked at that question that person asked, based on what HER friend told her.. her friend obviously do not know anything about WS. I didn't act shocked as if it was true or not. Thanks anyway.

lmao yes
i remember him.. i dont think he'd remember me tho :lol:
i wouldn't really say he's cool...
but then everyone's entitled to their opinion :dunno:

I know, 12 children who have Waardenburg Syndrome. Seven of them are Deaf Waardenburg Syndrome and normal 5 hearing silings.

They live in Connecticut and Massachusetts. Interesting, I know one lady who has Waardenburg Syndrome as her deaf daught with WS. Her Father does not have ws.

I wonder why WS people have brown and blue eyes and Deaf ?? Interesting....

Xauities said:
I can give you the answer of this question.. Down Syndromes and Waardenburg syndromes are not same issues.. Down syndromes who have long training with brain function and teaching lot of things in their lives. Some Down syndromes who is smart and not smart.. Down Syndromes people are look the same of shape the weight, faces, body function. You can see Down Syndromes have long way to learn their own responsiblies in the special program for living indepenence with special supervisior as houseparents. It is hard for normal people deal with Down Syndromes that not normal person as parents are very concerns with Down syndromes child because of brain function and developed..

Waardenberg syndrome is not same as Down syndrome. Waardenberg syndrome as genetic family in blood cells- like pass the genetic of deafness, white patch of hair, widely spaces eyes, color different each eyes, patches of skin. Who have waardenberg syndrome as normal people like us and hearing people. Waardenberg syndrome is not require to have training program like Down syndrome who need to training and learning the living, education, responsiblies..

Sometime, i noticed Down syndrome is amazing who is smart and can do it like normal people and do on own lives.. I remember i saw few down syndrome tv actors on movie and tv shows. it is amazing that prove people that down syndrome is not totally difference and be the same human as human.

I am not sure if help you to understand what is difference between Down syndrome and Waardenberg syndrome.

Down syndrome and Deaf is my favorite client. He loves to do the wash dishes after dinner, shower at 8 and shave, do his laundry, cook, love go to grogery store with me. He is very good actor with gusture to impress of his feelings. He is really smart man. He is very affectionate !! He is so sweet that I work with him.

Sabrina said:
I wonder why WS people have brown and blue eyes and Deaf ?? Interesting....

Sorry off-topic, white cat with different color or both blue eyes born deaf,
same with dalmation, english springer dog, great dane dog (not all) as well!

I have a friend who has one eye blue and the other brown. She's also deaf as well. It could be this syndrome I suppose, that would explain the eye colours... she got it from her dad. Also, I knew someone else who had completely white hair, blue and brown eyes, and was deaf. I just never knew it was this particular syndrome. Interesting.

Waardendberg's Syndrome?

Who anybody had this?

I am different color eyes are blue and brown.

I want to know what mean WS? How been gene?

I may have the Waardenburg syndrome (still waiting for the results :eek2: ) but I have only the Single Sided Deafness. Is there anyone else with this syndrome but with atypical phenotype ?

Thanks for your replies

Back