Vote for RWC or Open Captioned

Neverask

Reaction score
Since the ruling of the major movie theaters in NJ, which would you
STILL PREFER, RWC or Open-Captioned?

There seems to be disagreements that RWC is the prefered method
among the deaf and hard of hearing. We need to know your preference.

You can send a private e-mail to USA-L_News@comcast.net with your
vote.

Survey closes Thursday, September 23rd.

Thank you.

_____ RWC

_____ Open-Captioned

_____ State from

Taken from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Captioning/messages

It doesn't matter which one is implemented as both do the job. :) But good luck in choosing one to use.

I prefer open captioned (most deaf people prefer
this open captioned... much better than
RWC which is such a pain in the butt.. )
Rear Window captioning has an equipment
right next to you very distracting and
very annoying and very difficult to
look at RWC and then look at the movie
at the same time. I strongly support
OPEN captioned so that way I can read
on the bottom of the movie screen
at the same time watch the action
on the movie.

I believe that the major theatre chains shouldn't be forced into meeting the requests because they are PRIVATE businesses, not government-funded businesses.

It's their DECISION on if they want to provide captioning or not. The government violated their rights. It is not their fault that we're deaf. If you force them to provide captioning, they'll be spending their own money and won't make a profit on it.

They won't make a profit on it at all which is a problem. You will be causing more people to get the pink slips just because you want to see some frickin' text on the screen!

So I prefer NEITHER as long the theatre don't want to pay for it. But if they wanted our feedback, I'll say go with RWC because it doesn't make enough sense in the business world to put ENGLISH subtitles on the screen while they are already speaking ENGLISH. But if it's a Japanese flick, that's a different story.

I prefer open-captioned movies because it's on the screen.

let me share with u from my own experience about RWC ... I am against RWC reasons why is that because i have only one eye can see and it is pain in ass look at mirror and at movie back and forward ... forget it .. I pro Open Caption full PERIOD !!!! It make me feel so much comfortable and can read and watch same times ... other points post the mirror in the can holder and where are u going to hold ur drink ????? even no hold the hands like romantic ... even u can't remove the arm while have cuddle with ur lover ... so I pro OPEN CAPTION That's it !!!

I consider RWC is limit space for ur own room ...

I dont think it would be wast of money for open caption because with this i think they would get more Deaf buisness which would in the long run be more profits for them. This is just what i think i might be wrong.

Theatres are switching to digital so it is possible that they could start adding subtitles, thus saving the movie industry millions.

DeafRepublican said:
Theatres are switching to digital so it is possible that they could start adding subtitles, thus saving the movie industry millions.

Yeah, that's a good idea. After all, they can turn on the subtitles at a customer's request. The rest of the time, they can keep it off.

Back