volunteer work

mountainman

Reaction score
I'm looking to do do some volunteer work in the very near future. Considering maybe the Red Cross or a hospital. Thoughts and/or suggestions anyone?

It depends on what you are hoping to get out of volunteering.

Do you want to help those who are injured in accidents or help those who have chronic illness?

Are you hoping to improve your networking while volunteering?

Do you simply want to volunteer because you see a great need in those areas and feel like you can help?

thanks konji! I appreciate it! that sight is awesome!

derek I just want to help people that honestly cannot help themselves. Im really leaning toward a hospital or something. Im not trying to make any money or anything extra I just purely want to help people.

I would sya a hospital but then it can also be people with disabilities or children. I usually help kids with diabillities. Also, maybe go to one of those umm..home for elderly? Forgot the actual name.

I would sya a hospital but then it can also be people with disabilities or children. I usually help kids with diabillities. Also, maybe go to one of those umm..home for elderly? Forgot the actual name.

Nursing home or retirement center.

Doing volunteer is good. You might do that at the military hospital for patients in the wards who might need your help in reading or just to keep them company, I guess. Talk to the hospital receptionist how to apply for being a volunteer. How about hospice? They need that just like in the hospital, too. Find somewhere you really like to volunteer. Maybe Library? Good luck on your searching for volunteer. :cool2:

VA hospitals can always use help.

Do you have a motorcycle?

I volunteered at the library. They sent me to go get background check including fingerprinting. I had to quit because I couldn't afford the gas to go there and back. It was half hour drive each way.

My hospital gives volunteers free lunch but have to pay $25.00 for a smock to wear. I balked at the $25 but was willing to. They put me into front desk to volunteer and I told them I cannot deal with patients because I can't hear or lip read every single person. She said she would look into another position and I haven't heard from her since. :( Bad enough that I can't get a job being deaf. (and being older doesn't help either)

Volunteering is a way to fill in your gaps in the resume.

Back