Visiting New York

Csilla

Reaction score
Hello All,
My name is Csilla and I am not deaf, my brother is. I live in Queens, NY. I came from Hungary 8 years ago. In a few weeks my brother is coming to the US and he will stay for 3 weeks. He is very active in the hungarian deaf community, he is the leader of our hometown's (Debrecen) Deafs' Sports Club. It is mostly about soccer. They keep contact with and play against other europan Deaf Soccer teams. They played in Italy, Spain, Germany, Belgium.
Basically, he would like to meet deaf people in New York. I cannot sign, but my understanding is that the ASL is very different from the one they use in Hungary. But I would think it might be different but many things would be the same.
So, I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some suggestions on how to meet deaf people, or about upcoming events in the New York area.
Thanks in advance for all the help. Uhm, and sorry my english is not perfect but I hope you guys understood me. Thanks again and have a wonderful Wednesday afternoon! It's beautiful outside! :ty:

Hi Csilla,

My deaf friend, Todd, is hosting 2 deaf night events in Manhattan next month. The first one is on November 4th at Club-T. I'm going there that night, so, if he wants, I can introduce him to my deaf friends in the club. The second one is the Thanksgiving Bash which is on November 25th. I'm not going that night because I'll be vacationing in Peru.

For more information about the said events, visit www.deafnightlife.com Let me know if your brother plans to go to Club-T. :)

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

Thank you guys for the warm welcome and the quick response. Alex, unfortunatelly my brother comes on the 6th of November, so the event on the 4th is out of the question but I would love to take him to the Thanksgiving party. I wish you could be there, too!
Yeah, I've tried some search on the internet for Deaf Communities in NYC, but I didn't really found anything what I was looking for.
But today I also came upon deathnightlife.com while searching on myspace.
Thank so much!!!
Also I found that deaf people are soooooo nice to everyone deaf or not! I always loved my brother's friends. They are always there for each other and they help whereever they can. And it seems like here is no different. Why hearing people can't be the same??? :dunno:

Welcome, and wow I didn't know there is hungary deaf club in NYC, that could be interesting. I am part of Hungary, that why I have hungary in my signature.

DHB

Hello All,
My name is Csilla and I am not deaf, my brother is. I live in Queens, NY.
I came from Hungary 8 years ago. In a few weeks my brother is coming to the US and he will stay for 3 weeks. He is very active in the hungarian deaf community, he is the leader of our hometown's (Debrecen) Deafs' Sports Club. It is mostly about soccer. They keep contact with and play against other europan Deaf Soccer teams. They played in Italy, Spain, Germany, Belgium.
Basically, he would like to meet deaf people in New York. I cannot sign, but my understanding is that the ASL is very different from the one they use in Hungary. But I would think it might be different but many things would be the same.
So, I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some suggestions on how to meet deaf people, or about upcoming events in the New York area.
Thanks in advance for all the help. Uhm, and sorry my english is not perfect but I hope you guys understood me. Thanks again and have a wonderful Wednesday afternoon! It's beautiful outside! :ty:

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Enjoy browsing and posting!

Hey DHB!
Nonono, there isn't any hungarian deaf clubs in NYC. My brother lives in Debrecen, Hungary and he is coming to visit me in November.
So, akkor te magyar vagy? Hol laksz?

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Wishes you the very best finding something for your brother, being able to socialize and meet other deaf people in your area. Perhaps check with your local Deaf Club to see if there are any other events or see if they'll hold a special event for your brother--hmm? Wouldn't that be nice and cool? ;) Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!

Have a great day! :wave:

~RR

:welcome: Here! :wave: This place is great place to meet with other people from all over the place.

Enjoy your stay in AD and post anything to share with us!

:cheers:

:welcome: to AD! Dont live in NYC but have friends there. Will contact them and ask them what's happening there with deaf socials. Hope they will get back to me in time! :fingersx:

Hi, I see and got it. I don't read or speak Hungary. That hungary phrase I have on my signature is the one I got though translator. hehehe. I am 3rd generation American born Hungarian (Actually america mutt anyway).

Hey DHB!
Nonono, there isn't any hungarian deaf clubs in NYC. My brother lives in Debrecen, Hungary and he is coming to visit me in November.
So, akkor te magyar vagy? Hol laksz?

Back