Visit to the cardiologist

Giulia

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I have to see a cardiologist on Jan 19th and I'd like to know what kind of tests I will have, what kind of stuff I should bring, how should I prepare this visit....

Thanks for your answer

Hi everybody
I have to see a cardiologist on Jan 19th and I'd like to know what kind of tests I will have, what kind of stuff I should bring, how should I prepare this visit....

Thanks for your answer

you should have asked that when you make appointment. you can call again and ask.

the kind of tests you have are dependent upon your specific condition. i agree with jiro that you should call your cardiologist and ask him/her what to expect at your appointment. one thing i can tell you is to bring a list of any meds you are taking since they will most likely ask you to complete a brief medical history questionaire.

the kind of tests you have are dependent upon your specific condition. i agree with jiro that you should call your cardiologist and ask him/her what to expect at your appointment. one thing i can tell you is to bring a list of any meds you are taking since they will most likely ask you to complete a brief medical history questionaire.
Thanks Hear Again for your answer. I am sure there will be an EKG but for the rest..... I am in the most absolutely dark. And mom gets on my nerves because she asks me questions I have no answer.

and also the cardiologist may have a specific instruction depending on your problem in order to make an accurate diagnosis...

for example - take no med. eat no meal. (that's just an example). please do call your cardiologist and ask everything. :cool2:

Thanks Hear Again for your answer. I am sure there will be an EKG but for the rest..... I am in the most absolutely dark. And mom gets on my nerves because she asks me questions I have no answer.

:laugh2: that's mom's job!

and also the cardiologist may have a specific instruction depending on your problem in order to make an accurate diagnosis...

for example - take no med. eat no meal. (that's just an example). please do call your cardiologist and ask everything. :cool2:
No problem, I will call her tomorrow :cool2: But now it's too late (it's 10:14pm here in France)

i would agree with posts!

Giulia,
its sara1981

if you going to heart doctor for tests or whatsoevers on types of hearts makes sure you okay if doctors tell you if need surgery or not.

my dad had heart valet surgery June 2004 but my dad never had heart attack for years before he going for surgery of his heart he went to heart doctor's office for tests and his doctor told my dad must have surgery ASAP! but im worried and my brother going with my dad on surgery day they after his surgery.

my late grandfather never had surgery when he died because he had 2 heart attack one in 1975 and they killed himself in 1976 of heart attack dues smoking too much but he died at 41 years old that bad health for my late grandfather but he still in spirit but he gone for 32 years but he been smoking chain for lifes! i never see my late grandfather before i was born in 1981 for 5 years!!!!! my mom told me explain about that ever!

my mom is also nurse for CCU

my uncle had heart surgery years ago dues chest pain and he almost died! but he alives thankness godness!

:wave:

I called today the cardiologist and she told me that except myself :lol: and the list of medicine that I am currently taking, there is nothing special to do :)

Thanks Jiro, Hear Again and Sara for your help :)

I called today the cardiologist and she told me that except myself :lol: and the list of medicine that I am currently taking, there is nothing special to do :)

oh cool! no hassle. be well! :wave:

Cardiologists will run a series of tests depending on your symtoms. For example, I had to go to the ER last month and I had chest pains and nausea. Based on the info I gave them, it was apparent that I prolly had a blockage somewhere in my heart.

They did a sonogram on me and stuck up a long thin wire up my leg. I didn't get knocked out when they stuck it up so it was very *painful*. They told me they found at least 3 blockages and it was possible that I had even more blockages. I was told that I needed heart bypass surgery asasp. Hopefully, you won't have to go thru any thing so drastic.

you're welcome. :)

let us know how your appointment goes. good luck!

No problem, Hear Again !! :)

But I've just remembered that I have forgotten to put the verb "bring" in my sentence. Hope that everyone understood.... :roll:

Cardiologists will run a series of tests depending on your symtoms. For example, I had to go to the ER last month and I had chest pains and nausea. Based on the info I gave them, it was apparent that I prolly had a blockage somewhere in my heart.

They did a sonogram on me and stuck up a long thin wire up my leg. I didn't get knocked out when they stuck it up so it was very *painful*. They told me they found at least 3 blockages and it was possible that I had even more blockages. I was told that I needed heart bypass surgery asasp. Hopefully, you won't have to go thru any thing so drastic.

They did the same with my fiance last year to see if there were blockages in his heart, and it wasn't painful for him, he didn't feel anything until the wire got to his chest, and then he felt hot, and then that's all. Luckily, they found no blockage in his heart, and he was fine, just needed a small increase in his medication for his heart palpatitions. I guess they numbed his leg or something, cause he didn't mention any pain.

:wave: everybody
I am still waiting for my visit. What kind of questions I may be asked ?

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your reply

the type of questions you're asked will depend on your condition and what kind of examination you are given.

:laugh2: that's mom's job!

Yes, I, seriously, agreed with him. You should feel better to be with your mother, and she wants to make sure that you understand what your doctor says. You will learn from your mother's questions for your future appointments - someday.

Thanks for your reply

oye! good luck! I don't know what kind of questions you will be asked but please do answer honestly and completely. Heart condition is no funny business and the questions may be very personal but do answer the questions the best you can.

and lastly - be ABSOLUTELY sure that you heard every single word the doctor is saying. If you can't... please do bring your mom or anybody (even though if they were very annoying).

Back