Verizon Recommendations

ok i have read abt the verizon i have verizon i buy a blackberry 8703e there have data plan is 34.99 if u want to get text message cost u 20.00 unlimited add it with no voice it nice to have that and good signal!!!! i love it that BB is my baby lol
While they may have good service, their prices are a rip-off.

My Sidekick 3 has pretty good range and it only costs me $30 a month for unlimited internet, emails, and text messaging.

For someone like me, unlimited text messaging is a must and I don't want to have to be forced to pay a lot of money for something I can get cheaper elsewhere.

If Verizon offered a plan like that for about the same price for their Blackberries, then I would likely go for it. :)

yeah, but you can also ask verizon to try set up a deaf and hoh disabilities plans just like AT&T and sprint. It can't hurt to ask their company to make payment easier for people with disabilites to have speical payment plans. I don't see why not.

Verizon Wireless developed a wireless plan specifically for the deaf and hearing impaired. The Verizon Wireless Accessibility Plan shifts the emphasis on wireless plans from voice minutes to text messaging. Currently, many who are deaf or hearing impaired are forced to pay for voice minutes they don’t need or use.

Under the plan, a customer will be able to have unlimited domestic text messaging and 100 monthly voice minutes for US$39.99 a month. Verizon Wireless is also giving customers of the Accessibility Plan the option of unlimited data usage on the NationalAccess data network for $40 a month.

It’s nice that Verizon Wireless is recognizing a segment of its current or potential customer base and is creating a plan to address their concerns. Unfortunately, the plan is currently being limited to a test market in the Northeast. Hopefully, it won’t be long until the plan is widely available. I think Verizon Wireless will find a need for the plan nationwide.

Verizon Wireless test marketing Accessibility Plan | Geek.com

$40 + $40 = $80 per monthly

I use Verizon Inpulse cards. Just like having a phone in case need it or travelling. Pay as you go. Requires at least $15 a month to keep active. Pricier cards keeps it active longer, etc. $1 per day and minus whatever calls. Unlimited saturday and sunday nights. Internet $1 per day or each connection.
Works for me as low cost for minimal need. $15 per month. Qualcomm phone, which is discontinued on a legal matter. Nice phone though. Speakerphone.

I use Verizon Inpulse cards. Just like having a phone in case need it or travelling. Pay as you go. Requires at least $15 a month to keep active. Pricier cards keeps it active longer, etc. $1 per day and minus whatever calls. Unlimited saturday and sunday nights. Internet $1 per day or each connection.
Works for me as low cost for minimal need. $15 per month. Qualcomm phone, which is discontinued on a legal matter. Nice phone though. Speakerphone.
So, it's $15 a month plus $1 per day you use the phone no matter how long you use it?

Meaning... for the month of April, you talk for 15 minutes on the 4th... 30 minutes on the 10th... 10 minutes on the 17th... and 7 minutes on the 29th... then you pay a total of $19 for the month of April?

if you don't like verizon, you won't get better signal.. sometimes it doesn't work to send a text msg to..

There probably other reason that there is no deaf plan when there is voice plan, is useless for us. Only the excellent coverage as Verizon is Sprint since it use CDMA. Still better than at&t. Yet, there is 95% GPRS in the world, if you have either at&t or T-mobile.

So, it's $15 a month plus $1 per day you use the phone no matter how long you use it?

Meaning... for the month of April, you talk for 15 minutes on the 4th... 30 minutes on the 10th... 10 minutes on the 17th... and 7 minutes on the 29th... then you pay a total of $19 for the month of April?

Ahh....no. You buy the card and enter it. It credits your account. Say $15....okay, if I didn't use the phone, or only use during unlimited times (9pm to 6am 7 days a week.....above was wrong....sat and sun only at night)....then it takes $1 a day away from account. Call charges other times vary....local or long distance. Internet an extra dollar a day. Texting is more charges. The charges are deducted from the pre-paid credits you entered. So, you run out of minutes and phone down till you enter more. SAme as other pre-pay phones. The cards vary $15..$30..$50...$100..etc. Requires card purchase at set intervals to keep account active. Example....If I buy $15 card it will stay active for 30 days...$30 card will keep it active for 60 days.....sometimes I buy the card just to keep it active but don't use the phone all month or use it for a while and re-up next month. If I have a need for more minutes then buy an extra card. Point is I can manage the cost to $15 if I don't have a need for the phone certain maonths.
It's kinda complicated. $30 for a sidekick or sprint payplan seems a good deal if you use it a lot. I just got the pre-pay so I can just pay $15 some months. I don't have a lot of use for phone....so it works for me. Like to have it if meeting someone on the road and can e-mail on the road too.
Pre-pays you can't run up a big bill unknowingly.

Ahh....no. You buy the card and enter it. It credits your account. Say $15....okay, if I didn't use the phone, or only use during unlimited times (9pm to 6am 7 days a week.....above was wrong....sat and sun only at night)....then it takes $1 a day away from account. Call charges other times vary....local or long distance. Internet an extra dollar a day. Texting is more charges. The charges are deducted from the pre-paid credits you entered. So, you run out of minutes and phone down till you enter more. SAme as other pre-pay phones. The cards vary $15..$30..$50...$100..etc. Requires card purchase at set intervals to keep account active. Example....If I buy $15 card it will stay active for 30 days...$30 card will keep it active for 60 days.....sometimes I buy the card just to keep it active but don't use the phone all month or use it for a while and re-up next month. If I have a need for more minutes then buy an extra card. Point is I can manage the cost to $15 if I don't have a need for the phone certain maonths.
It's kinda complicated. $30 for a sidekick or sprint payplan seems a good deal if you use it a lot. I just got the pre-pay so I can just pay $15 some months. I don't have a lot of use for phone....so it works for me. Like to have it if meeting someone on the road and can e-mail on the road too.
Pre-pays you can't run up a big bill unknowingly.
Well, I use my Sidekick for emails, scheduling, notes, addresses, and text messaging. I rarely use the phone.

I was offered a 300-minutes-a-week and 500-minutes-a-weekend plan for $20. However, I don't use the phone much. If I use the phone, it's usually for no more than 5 minutes and it's usually once or twice a month.

With my Sidekick, it costs 20 cents a minute without a phone plan. That means, I pay $1 per phone call... $2 a month at the most. That's better than spending $18 more for something I won't use. :)

Only the excellent coverage as Verizon is Sprint since it use CDMA. Still better than at&t.

:roll: there is always an arguement about the network coverage... i am not here to argue which the best coverage is in USA.

if you go to rural area outside any metro city, Would someone tell me how fast it goes on CDMA and EDGE ? :dunno2:

enough talking... :)

verizon will covert EVDO to LTE which is under GSM. that was a very SMART decision ! Recently Verizon and AT&T won the biggest coverages of 700mhz networks that will be for LTE next two year. LTE on mobile will run 100mbps down and 50mbps up.

Sprint might be in a trouble with WiMAX that has been delayed for a couple of times. according to these news online, Sprint continues losing its revenues(29.5 billion dollars last qtr and shrinking number of mobile subscribers). Tmobile USA hasnt upgraded to 3G for nearly two years because the govt hasnt completely closed its own network(1700mhz) before tmobile USA will take over that network. i dont know when Tmobile USA will get 4G.

my hat goes off to Sprint that has been a strong supporter in deaf comminuty. :cool:

we will see how Sprint and Tmobile USA can survive.

sorry :topic:

:roll: there is always an arguement about the network coverage... i am not here to argue which the best coverage is in USA.

if you go to rural area outside any metro city, Would someone tell me how fast it goes on CDMA and EDGE ? :dunno2:

enough talking... :)

verizon will covert EVDO to LTE which is under GSM. that was a very SMART decision ! Recently Verizon and AT&T won the biggest coverages of 700mhz networks that will be for LTE next two year. LTE on mobile will run 100mbps down and 50mbps up.

Sprint might be in a trouble with WiMAX that has been delayed for a couple of times. according to these news online, Sprint continues losing its revenues(29.5 billion dollars last qtr and shrinking number of mobile subscribers). Tmobile USA hasnt upgraded to 3G for nearly two years because the govt hasnt completely closed its own network(1700mhz) before tmobile USA will take over that network. i dont know when Tmobile USA will get 4G.

my hat goes off to Sprint that has been a strong supporter in deaf comminuty. :cool:

we will see how Sprint and Tmobile USA can survive.

sorry :topic:

PowerON, both of CDMA and GSM can be similar, just depends on area that where you live, 1xRTT is very slower than EDGE, even Sprint hasn't upgrade to improve the 1xRTT in certain area when EVDO Isn't offered. EDGE would have other upgrade to 500 kbps, that what deafclimber told me.

Why does Verizon want change to LTE? Just wonders

I am currently with Sprint. I am using HTC Hero under Sprint. I pay only 30.00 plus insurance, UNLIMITED for everything only 30.00.. that is something you cant complain.

HTC Hero is the best phone.. Compare to Iphone.. Iphone too high price to pay month like 50 to 60 dollars... I pay only 30.00..neat isn't it?

lilbugsb3, that is neat. Thank you for providing the info. Does the phone have relay service such as i711?

Not right now but I hope it will be happen in the future but I heard Convorelay will provide relay on HTC Hero, Iphone etc. I hope it will a good!

Sprint is the only way to fly deaf

I love the new HP pre3 coming out and heard it may come out on verizon, I was thinking of switching to verizon until I did a little research... Holy crap they are rip offs bastards! I only pay $29.99 a month at Sprint for unlimited everything, verizon would charge about $60 a month for same thing! Why doesnt the deaf community speak up about these rip off artists like Verizon!

Brian
Northern California

Back