Vegetarian "meat"

I disagree. I think the word "Omnivore" is what you were looking for there. We have Canine teeth (because they are sharp and in the front and made for ripping meat) and we have flat molars in the back (so we are able to grind plants and leaves).

I have though about that. But, our teeth are not the exact same as lion, dog, or a cat. That would be more difficult for us who is right and wrong.

I eat vegetables and non-meats. You eat meat and vegetables. We both are still alive.

One issue on meat is more risker than vegetables because meat contains diseases (like Mad Cow), a lot of acid, and red (actually gray color is spoiled). Let me say that it is a logical thing that a meat is rotten which smell so bad, and a vegetable is rotten that doesn't smell that bad just a little odor.

The result is that meat has a strong odor than the vegetable which considered toxic to humans.

Off the record - I was told that bears and deers have the highest disease that came from tick infections. Bears are at the top on the list that have so many ticks than any animals. It is high risk if you eat a bear meat that contains infected tick in the blood.

...One issue on meat is more risker than vegetables because meat contains diseases (like Mad Cow), a lot of acid, and red (actually gray color is spoiled).
Fresh produce and rice can also be contaminated; it needs to be carefully washed before using. Human and animal waste can contaminate the food. Ugh!

Let me say that it is a logical thing that a meat is rotten which smell so bad, and a vegetable is rotten that doesn't smell that bad just a little odor.
The odor is a good thing; it protects us from eating spoiled food by sending out a stinky warning. :)

I have though about that. But, our teeth are not the exact same as lion, dog, or a cat. That would be more difficult for us who is right and wrong.

I eat vegetables and non-meats. You eat meat and vegetables. We both are still alive.

One issue on meat is more risker than vegetables because meat contains diseases (like Mad Cow), a lot of acid, and red (actually gray color is spoiled). Let me say that it is a logical thing that a meat is rotten which smell so bad, and a vegetable is rotten that doesn't smell that bad just a little odor.

The result is that meat has a strong odor than the vegetable which considered toxic to humans.

Off the record - I was told that bears and deers have the highest disease that came from tick infections. Bears are at the top on the list that have so many ticks than any animals. It is high risk if you eat a bear meat that contains infected tick in the blood.

My diet does not consist of bear or deer, so I think I'm okay on that one ;)

As far as the smell, I had some cauliflower in my fridge for waaaay too long, and let me tell you, it was not just a little smell. I had to light incense and open the windows for a few hours.

If meat is so dangerous and veggies and are so safe, what about the e-coli and samonila outbreaks recently in CA and years ago with Odwalla?

And yes, I agree, we are both still alive :lol: Yes our teeth are different than lions, dogs, etc, but I would be happy to see the dental structure of a purely herbivore animal. I'm sure in comparing their teeth with ours, they will still look different.

You'll love this story:

When I was a server at IHOP, I approached a table that was just seated. I'm guessing it was a grandmother and her grandson (he couldn't have been older than 5). I get their drinks and take their order. The grandson wants a plate that has 2 bacon or 2 sausage and one egg. I asked if he wanted bacon, sausage, or both. The grandmother looks at me sharply and says, "He's a vegetarian!"
So I say "Okay" to her, then to the grandson, "How do you want your egg cooked sweetie?"
Then the grandmother says, "Oh, scrambled is fine."
:jaw:
I thought that, you know, eating chicken fetuses is against the vegetarian code AND a life style choice. This kid is less than 5 years old and already he is being deprived of many vitamins and proteins that he should need growing up!
IHOP serves fertilized eggs? Most eggs served in restaurants and sold in grocery stores are not fertilized.

IHOP serves fertilized eggs? Most eggs served in restaurants and sold in grocery stores are not fertilized.

Ah, :lol: my bad. No, they don't... but the idea still remains. If you're a vegetarian, why are fish and eggs still okay? It just stunned me when I heard that.

My diet does not consist of bear or deer, so I think I'm okay on that one ;)

As far as the smell, I had some cauliflower in my fridge for waaaay too long, and let me tell you, it was not just a little smell. I had to light incense and open the windows for a few hours.

If meat is so dangerous and veggies and are so safe, what about the e-coli and samonila outbreaks recently in CA and years ago with Odwalla?

And yes, I agree, we are both still alive :lol: Yes our teeth are different than lions, dogs, etc, but I would be happy to see the dental structure of a purely herbivore animal. I'm sure in comparing their teeth with ours, they will still look different.

E-Coil is from human poops - the employees who did not wash their hands after the bathroom. Some employees scratch their anus for itchy. That's very bad. Poops also could be birds' droppings and some small animals on the farm.

Samonila - people who did not a good job washing the lettuces. I think that it is similar to e-Coil. Perhaps, from a sewage sludge.

I absolute do not believe in organic chemical on a farm because it is NOT organic that I know of. It is same for lawn grass from a Tru Gree company who spreads on the grass with the chemical - it is a big NO because it is NOT natural or organic chemical for the grass. The companies tell big lies.
Uh, I have to go shopping before the thunderstorm is coming here soon.

You'll love this story:

I thought that, you know, eating chicken fetuses is against the vegetarian code

No vegitarians eat egg and milk. Veganism is where you don't eat any animal products.

AND a life style choice. This kid is less than 5 years old and already he is being deprived of many vitamins and proteins that he should need growing up!

I couldn't disagree more. That woman has the right idea of 'depriving' her grandson of something that is bad for him and would later give him cancer, diabeties and heart disease.

Protein can be easily got from a vegan or vegitarian source. The only vitamin that is hard to get is B12 and that can be obtained by taking a B12 vit or eating food that has had B12 added to it.

No vegitarians eat egg and milk. Veganism is where you don't eat any animal products.

All the vegetarians I have known have always been against eating eggs. Other dairy, I understand, is veganism. But eggs are still considered a meat.

That woman has the right idea of 'depriving' her grandson of something that is bad for him and would later give him cancer, diabeties and heart disease.

RED meats cause heart problems. Chicken, pork, and especially fish are wonderful for you. Fish has no fat, no carbs, no sugars, but it is PACKED with protein. Carbs, sugars can cause diabetes. Four of my close family members have diabetes and I have NEVER heard meat being a cause for it. And cancer? Unless you're smoking the meat, I don't see how that is possible.

Yes, RED meat causes high cholesterol, but white meat doesn't.

All the vegetarians I have known have always been against eating eggs. Other dairy, I understand, is veganism. But eggs are still considered a meat.

I can see that you consider egg as a meat because it come from hen. Right? If yes, would you also consider milk as a meat because it come from cow, too?

I am sure that you know that milk is a product of cow. It´s an exact same with egg... An egg is a product of hen.

Then egg and milk are not consider to be meat.

RED meats cause heart problems. Chicken, pork, and especially fish are wonderful for you. Fish has no fat, no carbs, no sugars, but it is PACKED with protein. Carbs, sugars can cause diabetes. Four of my close family members have diabetes and I have NEVER heard meat being a cause for it. And cancer? Unless you're smoking the meat, I don't see how that is possible.

Yes, RED meat causes high cholesterol, but white meat doesn't.

Respectfully disagree that red meats is the responsible to cause cancer, etc.

It´s processed meat, not red meat who risk the health (cancer, heart, etc.)

It´s healthy protein and fat to eat any unprocessed meats.

I never heard that fishes do not have fat. Depend on different fishes who have low to high health fat.

No, red meat is not the blame who cause high cholesterol but blame on junk foods and wrong foods with bad fat, processed meat as well.

Yes we need good carbs in our body.

No, you do not get diabetes from eating too much sugar.

Not all vegetarians are against eat the eggs. Vegetarians who don't eat the eggs would be called Lacto Vegetarians. Me, myself, vegetarian and I still eat eggs and the eggs are not meats. Why? The eggs is not developing any babies, if it do then the eggs should have RED blood inside the eggs. So I don't feel any problems about eating the eggs.

I have never heard of Lacto Vegetarian before. I always thought that vegetarian was vegetarian. Every now and then, you have a person (an old friend of mine) that would claim to be vegetarian, but just avoid red meats. It's good to know there are different classifications! :)

I can see that you consider egg as a meat because it come from hen. Right? If yes, would you also consider milk as a meat because it come from cow, too?

But milk, once fertilized, will not become a cow. Eggs are potential animals. That is why vegetarians I know are against it. Also, according to the food pyramid, Eggs=meat, Milk=dairy.

I never heard that fishes do not have fat. Depend on different fishes who have low to high health fat.

Next time you're at the store, check out even the frozen fish. Look at the labels! I'm not talking about VanDeKamps or whatever breaded fish by-product, I mean fresh fish that was frozen and packaged. Hell, look at tuna. Halibut, salmon, orange rougy, swordfish, cod, haddock, flounder, mahi mahi, trout have very little to no fat and very high protein. The only fish I can think of that may be fatty is catfish. I don't even know if that is true.

No, red meat is not the blame who cause high cholesterol but blame on junk foods and wrong foods with bad fat, processed meat as well.

Meats and Cholesterol Levels
Meat, particularly red meat, is commonly identified as a major source of dietary cholesterol. It is often the first food that medical doctors advise should be reduced in the diets of their hypercholesterolemic patients.

Red meats have been slowly become less popular since the 1960s for this very reason. High bad cholesterol? Lower your intake of red meat. Yes, junk foods play a part, but it is usually from the consumption of too much red meat.

Agreed.

Yes, you can, especially if you have a predisposition to diabetes. If I were to go on a sugar and carb bender for a few months, maybe years, I would end up with diabetes. It just happened to my aunt, who is 41. My sister was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at the age of 11, my grandfather was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 30 years ago, and my other aunt was also diagnosed with juvenile diabetes when she was 16. This is all on one side of my family! It is in my chemical make-up.

Diabetes Causes

But one thing I want to ask: If ingesting too much sugar, fat, and enriched flour does not cause diabetes, why has the ratio of children with diabetes increased in the USA from 1 out of 100 to 1 out of 9 since the 1950s? Look at what is available for food now and what was available for food then. Look at how easily everything is accessible now compared to then. Look at the way of life then compared to now. We are now a quick fix, drive thru, and prefer to drive down to the corner than walk to it society.

I have never heard of Lacto Vegetarian before. I always thought that vegetarian was vegetarian. Every now and then, you have a person (an old friend of mine) that would claim to be vegetarian, but just avoid red meats. It's good to know there are different classifications! :)

Yupp there is varies kind of vegetarians. Ovo Vegetarians don't eat/drink the diary, but eat eggs. Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian (me as example) eat both diary and eggs. Vegan don't eat both diary and eggs.

Me, myself, vegetarian and I still eat eggs and the eggs are not meats. Why? The eggs is not developing any babies, if it do then the eggs should have RED blood inside the eggs. So I don't feel any problems about eating the eggs.

Yes, I agreed with you. That's what I thought.

Isn't all fishes have Omega-3 fatty oil? Do the eggs contain Omega-3?

I think fish do. I think now they are actually feeding the chickens different foods to make for Omega-3 eggs, but I don't think there is a lot/any in them naturally.

I think fish do. I think now they are actually feeding the chickens different foods to make for Omega-3 eggs, but I don't think there is a lot/any in them naturally.

I forgot all about that one - the chicken's food. I recalled that a factory somehow feed them with Omega-3. I ate the eggs with Omega-3 and they tasted good. It is pretty expensive. Many stores do not have egg products with Omega-3. Maybe, at a health food store like Whole Foods. I don't remember now.

I was told that the eggs are not good for us because of high cholesterol if we eat the eggs everyday. Is that true?

I am sure that you know that milk is a product of cow. It´s an exact same with egg... An egg is a product of hen.

Then egg and milk are not consider to be meat.

Respectfully disagree that red meats is the responsible to cause cancer, etc.

It´s processed meat, not red meat who risk the health (cancer, heart, etc.)

It´s healthy protein and fat to eat any unprocessed meats.

If you cook the fish with fried, such as from fryer with vegetable oil, peanut oil or other oil would cause to increase more gram in fats, it called fried catfish or something like that.

I forgot all about that one - the chicken's food. I recalled that a factory somehow feed them with Omega-3. I ate the eggs with Omega-3 and they tasted good. It is pretty expensive. Many stores do not have egg products with Omega-3. Maybe, at a health food store like Whole Foods. I don't remember now.

I was told that the eggs are not good for us because of high cholesterol if we eat the eggs everyday. Is that true?

Wal-fart does sell special eggs or organic eggs with cage free and Omega-3 is included.

I had ate alot of sugar foods, well as junk food for several years, also I do drink Sprite so often then I don't get diabete yet since my weight is stable due alot of active at workplace.

Back