Va. Lawmaker: Disabled Kids are God's Punishment for Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it all somewhat amusing. These attention-seeking loudmouths draw these conclusions that people are being punished RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES for something the speaker finds objectionable.

I also find it somewhat sad that men make the most noise in the abortion debate, considering they will never be in position to require one themselves. I refuse to take a stance on that topic, since I was not given a womb and ovaries. That has not stopped others with the same genitalia as myself from carrying signs and bombing clinics.

Hopefully, this idiot does not continue making these types of comments.

I find it all somewhat amusing. These attention-seeking loudmouths draw these conclusions that people are being punished RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES for something the speaker finds objectionable.

I also find it somewhat sad that men make the most noise in the abortion debate, considering they will never be in position to require one themselves. I refuse to take a stance on that topic, since I was not given a womb and ovaries. That has not stopped others with the same genitalia as myself from carrying signs and bombing clinics.

Hopefully, this idiot does not continue making these types of comments.

Little known tidbit.....Men contribute to almost 100% of all pregnancies

I am sorry, I disagreed completely, this is just hogwash, these congressmen may be high on dope, which result them thinking they can talk with god. Im sick of this religious crap!

Also, here is conflict, God loves everybody no matter what, so why would God cause innocent child suffer? Again it is full of crap!

Va. Lawmaker said:
"The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically," he reportedly said. "Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children."

:wtf:

"No one who knows me or my record would imagine that I believe or intended to communicate such an offensive notion," he wrote.

Oops. Guess they do now.

"I have devoted a generation of work to defending disabled and unwanted children, and have always maintained that they are special blessings to their parents.

:hmm:

Nevertheless, I regret any misimpression my poorly chosen words may have created as to my deep commitment to fighting for these vulnerable children and their families."

What about the cause and effect you've decided to impose on two totally unrelated things? :roll:

Oh yeah. One more thing.

:fu:

Just for the record, he said:
The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically," he reportedly said. "Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children."
According to that quote, he says nature takes its vengeance, not God.

Anyway, it sounds like he is saying that children born with disabilities are a natural consequence of women having prior abortions.

Then this statement:
"There's a special punishment Christians would suggest."
I have no idea what he's trying to say with that one. I've never heard any Christian brethren say that.

I don't know where he came up with that conclusion but that's not good theology.

Yes, there are consequences to individuals and society because of abortions but it's wrong to imply that children with disabilities are a result of previous abortions by their mothers.

I don't support tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood but I also don't support Marshall's statement.

Just for the record, he said:

According to that quote, he says nature takes its vengeance, not God.

Anyway, it sounds like he is saying that children born with disabilities are a natural consequence of women having prior abortions.
Subtle....I missed that.
Then this statement:

I have no idea what he's trying to say with that one. I've never heard any Christian brethren say that.

I don't know where he came up with that conclusion but that's not good theology.

Yes, there are consequences to individuals and society because of abortions but it's wrong to imply that children with disabilities are a result of previous abortions by their mothers.

I don't support tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood but I also don't support Marshall's statement.

:gpost:

That would be bad idea, as I have used Planned Parenthood, and it was very positive experience that many anti-abortion activities have overlooked. PP didn't even mention abortation, they did offer moral, and emotional support that we once need. They have guided us to where to start at, and how we can process, handle, etc. It was a BIG help. I am sure it applies to teenagers where they have no clue to what to do, or how to handle them. sadly many teenager would dump babies in dumpster, so in other word if PP were there I am sure PP would have handle it differently.

That would be bad idea, as I have used Planned Parenthood, and it was very positive experience that many anti-abortion activities have overlooked. PP didn't even mention abortation, they did offer moral, and emotional support that we once need. They have guided us to where to start at, and how we can process, handle, etc. It was a BIG help. I am sure it applies to teenagers where they have no clue to what to do, or how to handle them. sadly many teenager would dump babies in dumpster, so in other word if PP were there I am sure PP would have handle it differently.
Then those who support it can donate their own money to the organization.

I support a Christian crisis pregnancy organization which does not get any tax dollars. They accept private donations only, no tax money.

He was with a group of pastors....It was in the first article (record leader) that was cited
:ty: I didn't see that. The linked article mentioned only that it was a press conference.

Sadly your experience with PP is not the norm. It has been well documented that PP does push women toward abortion.

:Ty: I didn't see that. The linked article mentioned only that it was a press conference.

And :Ty: for noticing "nature" that one word make a huge difference.

I think the second part is eluding to Hell.....but they didn't elaborate.

:ty: I didn't see that. The linked article mentioned only that it was a press conference.

BTW I edited my post to add link but you got there to fast....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back