USB OBD II Scanner

Yup :lol: I could buy one at hardware store.

Yes, just mentioned above, will check on that. OFC I would have to unplug it in order to access to FJ contacts.

Would it hurt to plug test lamp to PCM jack and fire up engine to see if it flashes? Cuz FJ's coil have low OHM as well as lamp.

Catty

I did that before for Ford but I am not sure about Chrysler. Better ask to Deafsmogtech. I don't want to risk to destroy your engine.

I can print it out (software already have "print" option to print it out on printer. As for resetting MIL, It seem that it won't reset MIL. Should I just leave engine running or IGN on or turned off to reset it? There's no instruction manual on resetting. But on screen, I can click reset but it won't clear. I may show you on Youtube video soon.

Catty

turn IGN on. If not work, turn IGN off then shut down PC scan and disconnect OBD-II jack then reconnect and try to follow PC scan if not then turn IGN on and follow PC scan.

I am just a message. I saw at school and job. Everyone replaced whole the
fuel injections then don't worry about problem again in future if they want keep the cars more longer. :dunno: Yes,the price is big problem.

Yes, I agreed with you about Chrysler. It's famous for electrical problem on transmission, PCM, etc. :-O

Replace all fuel injectors is old story in the past, yes it is true, very low resistance in injector(s) can ruin PCM. If one injector bad, replace all injectors.

Last edited:
I just reset the plug on Fuel Injector #4. The Fault code still tells me that it's still FJ circuity malfunction on Cylinder #4. I will have to try wiggle and jiggle the main ECU jack that all FJ connected to. It could be a bad connection. Lastly, I would test it with voltmeter to see if FJ #4 coil bad or not.

As for EGR, I would have to do hell job removing it. ONE bad part for me this month are FREEZING weather out. Its already 5 degree in Kansas City!!! My hands would go numb. I DO have heater but problem are that I'm in garage but it's not powerful enough to kill the cold. I also have heat lamp too and it may help a bit cuz the EGR is far back of the engine behind Manifold and is under the Dashboard cowl (it's basically firewall you know). Heat lamp wont be enough to shine on my cold hands. I would probably fuss over it.

The USB OBD II Scanner is basically one channel device while your OBD II scanner at your shop can do 3 channels same time (professional grade OBD II scanner). It's version 1.4 which are the newest and there are software that you can purchase and use this scanner to tweak and tune the engine. I have 4 softwares. Most are Demo version but only one is full version that you saw on pix.

It's cheap in Ebay. $24 is cheap and works the same way as more expensive hand held obd II scanner.

So it's worth a try. You can afford it tho.

Catty

I can image $24 USB OBDII Scanner can be better than $200 to $3k PC scanner.
You can measure resistance in injector (with engine off and IGN off). Weak coil in injector can cause P0202. If you recall that you touch it before then it is likely cause code set. My advise is Do Not touch anything till you pull trouble codes. Forget the EGR till the weather is warm maybe in spring.
In Calif, I 've been seen EGR codes in the vehicles as long as they drive till they get a DMV renewal then they take the vehicles for fix EGR codes or emission relates before smog check stations.

You can measure resistance in injector (with engine off and IGN off). Weak coil in injector can cause P0202. If you recall that you touch it before then it is likely cause code set. My advise is Do Not touch anything till you pull trouble codes. Forget the EGR till the weather is warm maybe in spring.
In Calif, I 've been seen EGR codes in the vehicles as long as they drive till they get a DMV renewal then they take the vehicles for fix EGR codes or emission relates before smog check stations.

PLX Kiwi Bluetooth - Connect your Droid mobile device to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port.

You can use it for your Android mobile thru bluetooth.

I almost bought Bluetooth OBD II scanner. I decided not to because the software are not up to date for Windows 7. It's up to Windows xp as seller warned. I don't want to take a risk on that and hassle. USB is better than nothing cuz I just can plug it in any PC or Laptop and also software is up to date and can run software work with Windows 7 and it also have drivers for Windows 7 (it is Windows Vista USB driver). So that's less headache for me in case if my netbook get shot and have to use my new notebook.

I knew Bluetooth OBD II work with my HTC Evo, Android Phone. They'll come out soon in Android market or scan and download the software from pc, either way. Android are catching up with iPhone right now.

So wait and see.

Yup, I already mess with Cylinder #4 Fuel Injector wire, unplugging and plugging it twice. Engine seem running smoother but I can feel a little rhythm. I start up engine in freezing cold garage (temp registered 5 degree) and it fires up and warm up without usual rhythm like I complained previously on other posting (dodge durango engine). So I guess I fixed it but the trouble code still show Injection circuit malfunction on cylinder #4 and I tried to reset MIL through my laptop. It won't reset and said it unable to do so. I guess that I have to rip off the battery terminal and wait 10 min the slap it back on to reset MIL if that'll work.

As for EGR, that's exactly what I'm planning on putting off till weather warms up or weird warm weather come along in midst of winter :rofl:

Catty
Catty

I wonder that it could be a MAF sensor. If I am right, then you could buy a "air flow sensor cleaner" (sprayer) inside the part between the air filter and to the motor. It has a fine hair line inside which was dirty on it. I forgot to mention that it was for my Ford Explorer's problem.

What about a gas cap pressure? Does it needed to be replaced?

I am not expert, but I had some feedbacks from these ADusers, and they are very helpful.

A month later, I ended up to pay another part which cost 80 dollars. It solved second problem. Well, I save the info in my computer, but it is broken (bad memory card) recently. I could try to find my receipt somewhere and find out what was the name of the part.

Yup :lol: I could buy one at hardware store.

Yes, just mentioned above, will check on that. OFC I would have to unplug it in order to access to FJ contacts.

Would it hurt to plug test lamp to PCM jack and fire up engine to see if it flashes? Cuz FJ's coil have low OHM as well as lamp.

Catty

DO NOT test it with a test light or resistor while the engine is running.

Hey, Catty... I caught something wrong with you and injector. I saw P0202 in a pic, you said something on #4 injector right? The P0202 is cylinder #2 injector circuit/open. Take a look at #2 injector again to see if anything come up with loose connector or wires. The #2 injector is on passenger side and following #4, #6 and #8. P0204 is cylinder #4.
If not successful with P0202, try to swap #4 injector and clear codes to see if MIL come back, check codes.
I looked up Identifx about EGR codes, they said replace EGR valves.

I forget to tell you the C0700 in a pic is no information found in Alldata. C_ _ _ _ codes are for ABS/ traction. Just ignore C0700 maybe false code or recently drove on icy road?

I wonder that it could be a MAF sensor. If I am right, then you could buy a "air flow sensor cleaner" (sprayer) inside the part between the air filter and to the motor. It has a fine hair line inside which was dirty on it. I forgot to mention that it was for my Ford Explorer's problem.

What about a gas cap pressure? Does it needed to be replaced?

I am not expert, but I had some feedbacks from these ADusers, and they are very helpful.

A month later, I ended up to pay another part which cost 80 dollars. It solved second problem. Well, I save the info in my computer, but it is broken (bad memory card) recently. I could try to find my receipt somewhere and find out what was the name of the part.

Yes, MAF cleaner spray can will clean dirty bulbs (looks like tiny resistor) but take a care of a MAF sensor, hold the female connector upside while spray at the bulbs. The percent of the cleaned MAF sensors is 50/50 fixed the lean condition problems such as P0171 and P0174 codes.
On late OBD II model year, PCM (computer) will tell you EVAP codes when the MIL is on. Only way to tell if gas cap is good or bad by examine the black rubber O seal around the cap , look for cracks or torn if found , replace a new gas cap but the relief valve in a gas cap is question and can be test by EVAP gas cap tester (used to test the cap during the state inspection)
If you have a scanner in your hand, try to buy a gas cap and install and clear codes. if no codes come back you are lucky. Save money.

I almost bought Bluetooth OBD II scanner. I decided not to because the software are not up to date for Windows 7. It's up to Windows xp as seller warned. I don't want to take a risk on that and hassle. USB is better than nothing cuz I just can plug it in any PC or Laptop and also software is up to date and can run software work with Windows 7 and it also have drivers for Windows 7 (it is Windows Vista USB driver). So that's less headache for me in case if my netbook get shot and have to use my new notebook.

I knew Bluetooth OBD II work with my HTC Evo, Android Phone. They'll come out soon in Android market or scan and download the software from pc, either way. Android are catching up with iPhone right now.

So wait and see.

Bluetooth OBD II work with HTC EVO? I know nothing....... too much high technology.

Back