The surgeons and moderators :
In United Kindom : Manchester.
In the Netherlands : Amsterdam.
In Germany : Hannover.
In Italy : Padova.
In France : Montpellier, Beziers, Marseille
In Spain : Barcelona

And the Video Conference :
In France : Béziers, Marseille, Montpellier, Lyon, Rennes, Lille, Brest, Caen.
In Spain : Barcelona.
In Turkey : Izmir, Istambul.
In Poland : Warsaw.
In Syria : Alep.
In Saudi Arabia : Al Ahsa.
In Brazil : Sao Paulo.
In South Africa : Johannesburgh.
In India : Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore.
In Israël : Tel Aviv.
In Jordab : Irbid.
In Sweden : Uppsala.
In the Netherlands : Asmterdam
In United Kindom : Weshatn Park, Cardoff, Liverpool, Stale-on-Trent.
In USA....

If you are hnock and are not agree, quick mobilization !
Here, in France, we are preparing how mobilization...

You can see : menu_lion2

What do you think ??
Regards

My limited grasp of french just let me know I needed a flash player to access that site. Unfortunately they are not compatable with Zoomtext.

What exactly are you against? Are you against the specific live broadcast of the surgery to network doctors? Or are you against all CI surgery? What do you plan to do?

What exactly are you against? Are you against the specific live broadcast of the surgery to network doctors? Or are you against all CI surgery? What do you plan to do?

I agree with you...I do not know what this thread is about....:dunno:

True news in live !

I worry about it. Please to move out for our Deaf World ! Too to save deafs children's life ! Please to stop medecine to destroy deafs's ears ! Deafs's ears are very beautiful with Silent !
Save, save, save now.
Don't wait ever !
Good lucky, Be brave !

menu_lion2 explain :

in France and in many country in World : the surgeons will be filmed how they operate child deaf !!!!!

But child deaf are not object !!!
And you can read the list : in cities, there are hospitals will be filmed how surgeons will operate !!!!

And, it is this wednesday May 23th!!!!

In Paris, deaf will be gathered in front of the ministry for health !!!
Another cities in France, deaf will try to prevent the operation !

Is it clear???

This thread is meaningless babble. If people are afraid of the future of deaf society, let them rant.

Richard

If people are interested in how implant operations are done, let it be. People would like to learn how it's done... and never know if future candidates for implants would want to watch that video and see if they still want to go through with it or not.

I have a feeling this will air on Discovery Health sometime.....

Well I have seen a video clip of CI surgery, and don't want to see it again, I am very sensitive from reality violence, but can stand through the movies ;)

I am sure it would be exicting for France to have that kind of video about CI surgery.. But I would NEVER believe into implanting on newborn babies or children!!

I have a feeling that watching the video will open many people's eyes and make them think twice before putting their own child through the surgery.

Yes, sometimes best defense is the enemies offense.....have to choose your battles and let it backfire.

Hum... Silly people. The conversory debate between whether you should wait and let your child choose when they're an adult or make the deciscion for them. I've seen plenty of deaf people get angry because they didn't get the choice, some actually glad. You know what, there's no perfect in this world. Whatever happens you should try to embrace it and look on the bright side, amor fati I say. Love thy fate.

Hello to all !!

I am very knock !!!
This Wednesday, May 23th there is a operation world for deaf !! :eek:

The surgeons will be filmed how they operate deaf children :mad:

It is for progress about Implant....

The surgeons and moderators :
In United Kindom : Manchester.
In the Netherlands : Amsterdam.
In France : Montpellier, Beziers, Marseille
In Spain : Barcelona

And the Video Conference :
In France : Béziers, Marseille, Montpellier, Lyon, Rennes, Lille, Brest, Caen.
In Spain : Barcelona.
In Turkey : Izmir, Istambul.
In Poland : Warsaw.
In Syria : Alep.
In Saudi Arabia : Al Ahsa.
In Brazil : Sao Paulo.
In South Africa : Johannesburgh.
In India : Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore.
In Israël : Tel Aviv.
In Jordab : Irbid.
In Sweden : Uppsala.
In the Netherlands : Asmterdam
In United Kindom : Weshatn Park, Cardoff, Liverpool, Stale-on-Trent.
In USA....

If you are hnock and are not agree, quick mobilization !
Here, in France, we are preparing how mobilization...

You can see : menu_lion2

What do you think ??
Regards

what? what is that????

Read the OP's post three times trying to figure out what they were upset about. I guess it has to do with a cochlear implant operation being broadcast live around the world? What's wrong with that? One operation does not mean the end of deafness.

The cochlear implant operation not a pretty operation. It's downright nasty, if not violent. I feel faint when I watch a cochlear implant operation. I decided I don't want one. I'm okay being deaf. Being deaf is not a life or death situation (i.e., where you would need an operation to remove cancer) and it is not painful being deaf (i.e., where you would need an operation to replace a hip).

I don't undestand why hearing parents put their deaf children through an operation like that when their child is perfectly okay being deaf. Their child is not ill, and does not have a disease. Being deaf is not something that needs to be fixed in order to save the child's life.

Maybe if parents watch that operation they will finally clue in what they would be putting their child through just because they are afraid of deafness.

Back