Universal Health Care

Do you think there should be Universal Health Care?

• Yes

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
fox, oh lol i was say that .. ouch . about your finger broke bone!

isee! that means we should have free like other! we still pay for it! strange! i think it something wrong in our system!

Banjo I live in Texas and I see it first hand
we cross the border all the time - we like to go tool around in Mexico & I see not only Canadians but Americans as well.

In the Rio Grande Valley they fly not only the American flag but they also fly the Canadian flag - every year thousands of Canadians flock to the area, they are called 'Winter Texans' by the locals. I guess they come for the warmer weather & the cheap healthcare they can recieve across the Mexican border. You dont even need a written prescription to buy drugs there.

How do you know they are going there for treatment and not a vacation? That's kind of making assumptions, it's certainly not an established fact unless there are credible sources to back these claims up.

Besides, dental care is not free in Canada. You have to pay for it. My employer cover that.

well they are there for vacation- winter vacation- but I also see them in Mexico in the Dr's offices & in the Dentists offices with my own eyes. Look I could care less if you dont believe me, im telling you what I see and they have been going for years

I dont have to prove it to anyone - I can only tell you what I see first hand.
You almost sound angry that Canadians actually go see Doctors elsewhere.

so whatever with your credible sources & claims to back it up
Im not the one who needs proof.

Banjo I live in Texas and I see it first hand
we cross the border all the time - we like to go tool around in Mexico & I see not only Canadians but Americans as well.

In the Rio Grande Valley they fly not only the American flag but they also fly the Canadian flag - every year thousands of Canadians flock to the area, they are called 'Winter Texans' by the locals. I guess they come for the warmer weather & the cheap healthcare they can recieve across the Mexican border. You dont even need a written prescription to buy drugs there.

But you are right about the death of that poor fella, his death was not related to the free healthcare system Canada has but more to neglect. & Yess I absolutley remember the story you speak of the janitor mopping around the lady who had puked blood. I had forgot about that.

ETA: The Monitor is the local newspaper for Mission Texas which is part of the Rio Grande Valley.

Winter Texans : TheMonitor.com

Have you bothered to ask any of them why they are there, or are you just assuming that you know why they are there.

Also, how, exactly does one identify a Canadian in Mexico without asking for a passport?

well they are there for vacation- winter vacation- but I also see them in Mexico in the Dr's offices & in the Dentists offices with my own eyes. Look I could care less if you dont believe me, im telling you what I see and they have been going for years

Hmmm....what are they supposed to do if they get ill or have a toothache while on vacation in the area?

I also went to Doctor when I was overseas, too. So?

As what you claimed that you saw them but it doesn´t mean that they went Mexico for treatment. If it´s really true what you claim that they would report media but they doesnt. Canadians are tourists like me who visit different countries... went to doctor if anything happened to us.. Yes my hubby sudden got toothache when we were vacation in Singapore. Yes, he went to Dentist there straight way to rid of pain instead of wait until we went back to Germany. Many, many tourists everywhere went doctor or dentist when they were on their vacation. It was happened to my British friend´s daughter who got ear infection when they were stayed with us for holiday in Germany. I took her to doctor. My son had an accident in Paris when we were there on vacation... of course we went to clinic in Paris instead of wait until we went back to Germany.

Hmmm....what are they supposed to do if they get ill or have a toothache while on vacation in the area?

:lol: We typed "toothache" on our post on the same time... it was happened to my hubby when we were on our vacation in Singapore.

Angry?

I just think you're really making broad assumptions which are not established facts.

:lol: We typed "toothache" on our post on the same time... it was happened to my hubby when we were on our vacation in Singapore.

:lol:

But it doesn't mean that your husband went to Singapore just to get dental care.:giggle: But, yes, if one gets a toothache on vacation, one goes to a dentist in that area to get emergency treatment.

Angry?

I just think you're really making broad assumptions which are not established facts.

And ignoring the fact that Americans routinely cross the border into Canada to get prescriptions filled because they can't afford their medications at home in the states.

maybe someone can answer me this.

I speak from my experience.

Every year I see THOUSANDS of Canadians in Mexico filling up the Doctors & Dentists offices.
so lets see they have FREE Healthcare in Canada but they spend all that cash to get to Mexico, gas, airfare, hotel, food + now the cost of the treating Dr or Dentist + any meds

so why do they fill the Mexican Dr's offices where they have to pay when they have it free in Canada?

Of course we paid the bill for my husband's toothache when we were in Singopare. They gave us the receipt for forward healthcare company for the refund when we went back to Germany. We got it refund with no complication. I assumed that Canadians would do the same when they returned to their country with proof to get the refund from healthcare. In Paris, we only paid the medication, not hospitial bill because we (Germany and France) belongs EU. We forwarded the receipt of medication cost to healthcare for refund our money.

There're happened during trips, then they have to go to doctor...

My Canadian friend just 2 days ago told me that her mother fell & broke her hip they waited like 5 hours in the emergency room she said b/c its free people take advantage of that well of course they do its the nature of people lets go see what we can get for free and thus creating a huge line.

I voted NO to free healthcare b/c there is no such thing as FREE
someone has to pay for it, higher taxes perhaps but there is no such thing as FREE.

Healthcare is not FREE because they work to pay tax for it. We have universal healthcare in Germany as well... it's no free because we work to pay healthcare insurance as well...

Is this what Free Healthcare will be like?

It's doctor who is the responsible for his/her neglect a patient, not healthcare.

But it doesn't mean that your husband went to Singapore just to get dental care.:giggle: But, yes, if one gets a toothache on vacation, one goes to a dentist in that area to get emergency treatment.

Yeah, :lol: We would never went there for get dental care... :crazy: :giggle:

We alway prepare everything is check with doctors, etc before our oversea trips but we never thought that it's happened to my hubby... He HAS to go doctor to rid of pain and paid the bill then go back to Germany to get it refund with receipt.

Angry?

I guess it could seem like im making broad assumptions
but I LIVE in that area - the northerners (Americans too) start pulling in as early as mid - late October. The RV parks are full of both Canadians & Northern Americans they live in those parks for about 4-5 months so of course they see Mexican doctors & dentist. Maybe you are thinking of young folks no no no they are all older people 50 or 60+ years old.

The parking lot that sits at the border (which is where I park) is full of Canadian license plates and that of Northern Americans, and because I dont see them sitting in their cars & trucks Im assuming they walked across the border there is no place else for them to go at that point, ethier sit in your car or cross the border.

But I can see this is a pointless back & forth discussion we are both spinning our wheels here. Im just telling you that while they are living in Texas they do cross the border for medical & dental but they also cross the border & sit on a patio drinking margaritas & buying a bunch of crap they probably dont need just like the rest of us.

I have noticed that in the last couple of weeks the RV parks are sprucing up thier places & getting things all prettied up for the return of the northerners & Canadians, some of these people have formed long time friendships.

but im gonna go play elsewhere I can see without PROOF you just dont get it.

Have you bothered to ask any of them why they are there, or are you just assuming that you know why they are there.

Also, how, exactly does one identify a Canadian in Mexico without asking for a passport?

I believe my post said both northern Americans AND Canadians
come on you tell me you think we can 'spot' tourist? GMAB
they dress diffrently, they look diffrent, they speak diffrent than Texans & Mexicans, and when we are leaving Mexico sometimes the lines are LOOOOONGGG and we chat while in line, and I always ask "where are you from" & then we talk about thier frigid winters etc etc or hot it still in here in South Texas. blah blah blah

Its so funny this board acts like this is crazy behaviour for Canadians
sorry to bust your bubble but these people have been coming here for YEARS & YEARS, I have had my dentist in Mexico for about 10 years now and the Canadians knew all about the dentists & doctors long before I ever did.
Its because of the northeners & Canadians that I have a Mexican dentist. As for a Dr. I have my doctor here where I live and I only visit him once a year for the annual - im still young enough & healthy enough that I dont need a doctor more than once a year. I do thank God for my good health.

There was absolutley no way I would ever go to a Mexican dentist, I know nothing of his or her crudentials but as we were horsing around in Mexico one day (10 years ago) I noticed that ALL the dentists offices were filled with white people so I thought damn if its good enough for them its good enough for me - so that is how I got myself a Mexican dentist. Thanks to the Canadians & northern Americans filling up those offices!!

But its cool temps this morning & I have grass to mow,
Im gonna get out my iPod, headphones & jump on the tractor

See you kids later - ya'll play nice now ;)

McCain's concept on medical that offer rebate is good start. What's one good thing? Government let us pick our doctor, not them.

Does Canada government pick up for you, Canadian? From my experience on brief with medicare, they had to pick doctor for me. Blah.

NCPA - Daily Policy Digest - Lawsuits Hike Health Care Costs

This explains that lawsuit is one of many reason that cause the health care to increase outrageous.

I do trust doctor to do their best for they are human. Americans love to pick off tiny mistakes that doctor do. Then lawsuit them. That cause the insurance preumium to increase to absorb the lawsuit fees then cause services go up. Domino effect from lawsuit to us.

I was told once... cant quote it entirely. Bush did passed to cap the lawsuit to 300,000 per case than going into millions per case. That should slow down.

I want to ban lawsuits and accept malpractices. As long doctor apologizes and do their best. In fact, they are human. Its like asking Brett Farve to go to superbowl and he fails to bring the team to superbowl, fans should sue Farve for not bring team to superbowl. He is human. So the doctors, nurse, etc...

One of fastest decline profession are OBGYN doctors (baby birth doctors)... many of them are quitting the specialized in babies because of insurance are outrageous priced.

I believe my post said both northern Americans AND Canadians
come on you tell me you think we can 'spot' tourist? GMAB
they dress diffrently, they look diffrent, they speak diffrent than Texans & Mexicans, and when we are leaving Mexico sometimes the lines are LOOOOONGGG and we chat while in line, and I always ask "where are you from" & then we talk about thier frigid winters etc etc or hot it still in here in South Texas. blah blah blah

Its so funny this board acts like this is crazy behaviour for Canadians
sorry to bust your bubble but these people have been coming here for YEARS & YEARS, I have had my dentist in Mexico for about 10 years now and the Canadians knew all about the dentists & doctors long before I ever did.
Its because of the northeners & Canadians that I have a Mexican dentist. As for a Dr. I have my doctor here where I live and I only visit him once a year for the annual - im still young enough & healthy enough that I dont need a doctor more than once a year. I do thank God for my good health.

There was absolutley no way I would ever go to a Mexican dentist, I know nothing of his or her crudentials but as we were horsing around in Mexico one day (10 years ago) I noticed that ALL the dentists offices were filled with white people so I thought damn if its good enough for them its good enough for me - so that is how I got myself a Mexican dentist. Thanks to the Canadians & northern Americans filling up those offices!!

But its cool temps this morning & I have grass to mow,
Im gonna get out my iPod, headphones & jump on the tractor

See you kids later - ya'll play nice now ;)

A tourist is quite different from someone who has come to the area with the primary purpose of obtaining medical care and dental care. You are assigning a cause and effect where you don'thave sufficient evidence to do so, and your reasoning is circular.

A tourist is quite different from someone who has come to the area with the primary purpose of obtaining medical care and dental care. You are assigning a cause and effect where you don'thave sufficient evidence to do so, and your reasoning is circular.

McCain's concept on medical that offer rebate is good start. What's one good thing? Government let us pick our doctor, not them.

Does Canada government pick up for you, Canadian? From my experience on brief with medicare, they had to pick doctor for me. Blah.

Yes, you can pick a doctor as long they are willing to accept you as a patient.

What part of Winter Texan do you not get?
Their primary reason for coming to our area is to get away from the harsh winters that they come from. AND while they are here they see doctors & dentist. What is so difficult to understand about that? You think these older folks who are up in years dont go see a doctor while they are temporarily living here. PULEESE you are only kidding yourself.

I can see you just dont get it.

so lets just agree to disagree.

Back