Unable to sleep after ear surgery

YAY for sleep. :) NAY for pain :(

How long does pain go away? Some people said it may take 1 week after surgery.

I just cooked my meal, cleaned the cat mess and washed my clothes today, so I felt awful, however oxycodone make me feel good but bad for my intestine.

Everybody is different. I didn't have real bad pain I did take the oxycodone regularly the 1st night to stop it before it might hit, then switched to ibuprofen as needed. I think I needed it for a day or two but, as I recall, my "pain" was more dull & achy then painful.

Hey, at least you felt well enough to get some things done. Take it easy for at least a week. Take naps as needed.

I'm very sorry that you're having so much pain from your surgery. I'm praying that your pain will soon be gone.

Gently, :hug:

Finally, the pain has went down to mild now and Advil is enough to reduce the pain, so I stopped taking oxycodone. My family told me that incision is much improving but swelling hasn't went away yet. The swelling cause my ear to feel heavy, numb and uncomfortable, so my father had ear surgery few years ago and he told me - it take 7-10 days for swelling to improve after surgery. Sometime, the sharp pain appears for few minutes and went away. The pain is due to incision and inner ear (when they pulled electrode array out).

It will be 1 day and half to left until hit 1 week mark of recovery.

I did chore today and actually - it is better than yesterday.

I ate at Hooters and their food is mediocre - overcooked fries and chicken fingers didn't taste good, but surprisingly, the stranger paid all of our meal. That's nice of him and can't find him to say thanks.

Do you have a hard time to eat food after ear surgery, including CI?

Last edited:
People getting CI's do have changes to tastes so I guess an explanation can cause that too.
My taste was "off" for several weeks. I'd say things tasted dry and a bit tasteless.

People getting CI's do have changes to tastes so I guess an explanation can cause that too.
My taste was "off" for several weeks. I'd say things tasted dry and a bit tasteless.

I means difficult to chew the food comfortably due to swelling.

Yes, CI surgery in 1996 caused my tastes to messed up for weeks but now, my taste is coming back earlier, so I can't believe it was fast.

Today, I just took shower and shampoo, so after that, I noticed there are bleeding when I dried the incision. Does bleeding could happen from incision in 7 days?

Today, I just took shower and shampoo, so after that, I noticed there are bleeding when I dried the incision. Does bleeding could happen from incision in 7 days?
How much bleeding? Just a little, I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep putting the antibiotic on it and maybe a bandage. If it's bleeding a lot, then call your surgeon's office.

How much bleeding? Just a little, I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep putting the antibiotic on it and maybe a bandage. If it's bleeding a lot, then call your surgeon's office.

It was minor bleeding - the red bleeding is gone but still have watery orange-pink fluid dripping on my neck. I had to put bandage on it to see if it works.

Oh, it turned into serous fluid - last for 3 hours before it dried.

My mother told me that serous fluid has to come out to reduce the swelling and speed up the healing. It is annoying to feel watery leak on my neck.

Back