Ugh.. Being Deaf Sucks

I have a better idea.
Let's make hearing babies. :lol:

*butts your head*

I WILL FIGHT U FOR HEEEERRRRRRR!!!!

photo_lg_spain.jpg

highlander is correct, disability or not she had no excuse to be like that way. notsoverycivil. let alone I have a disability, apologized and gave her second chance. maybe that hurt me more in the end. thanks island thou, I could shrug it off but like you said I may have not been enjoying my life. especially lately.

august, may be true - wait until you read my book of my life. there are only (read: only) four 'sheer cliff faces' I've never experienced and as you see already I'm not even ahead 1/4 of my life yet.

that's too much for one I think. still, granted.

I feel the same way too sometimes. Like yesterday when i had my xylophone lessons, i didn't understand what he was asking for me to do for my lesson. So i asked him again but i felt embarresed but I did it anyways. Sometimes we have our emotions. Like when my dad talks to fast, i go "huh?" all the time and it annoys him. and I would say: "Well sorry for me being deaf! cuz ur talking too fast!" I have to admit. I talk fast sometimes too but for him talking fast, it sounds like gibberish to me. But the good part is, with ASL-- i agree with dixie. You can just do your own secret convo with your friends, i do that with my friends most of the time anyways. And with my CI and HA- i just turn them off if i didn't want to hear my sister and my mom fighting or something else i dont want to hear. We all get fustrated sometimes. But at least the hard part is over and you just have to worry about something else. Don't worry about the stupid people who are rude and thinks that they know everything. Just worry about important things like, paying the bills, chores. stuff like that. I don't complain about being deaf everyday. I just live with it. I mean, Really being deaf isn't the problem, it’s a part of us having to deal with it. Sometimes i wish i was hearing sometimes I don’t. but its a part of me i have to deal with.

highlander is correct, disability or not she had no excuse to be like that way. notsoverycivil. let alone I have a disability, apologized and gave her second chance. maybe that hurt me more in the end. thanks island thou, I could shrug it off but like you said I may have not been enjoying my life. especially lately.

august, may be true - wait until you read my book of my life. there are only (read: only) four 'sheer cliff faces' I've never experienced and as you see already I'm not even ahead 1/4 of my life yet.

that's too much for one I think. still, granted.

wait a second

are we still talking about metaphorical obstacles, or actual geologic structures you have climbed?

:confused:

you should make a complaint.......personnel office or write a letter to the judge would be better. Government place you don't have to put up with that kind of shyt. We own the courthouse. You are her boss. You need to understand this. And remember it when being forceful that you want something done about it. Her position requires she knows she has to deal with deafies.

um, both... does it matters? remember you're in my chapter and ..you're a guy. :lol:

'ppreciate it cowpuppy, I'll be sure of and thanks for some insights, spyer. :)

Try to remember that the person on the other side could have a disability that he/she is miserable with. Sometimes that makes for a bad day alone!

I had a situation like yours at the SSA office once with rude attitude right off the bat aimed at me......so I dished it right back. We kept dishing it back and forth until I asked for the supervisor in a very loud voice. I guess the supervisor didn't "feel like dealing with it" because the guy came back for more with me but a notch down. I got it down a notch also. The guy had a mobile disability! Anyway, A guy who heard the whole thing got up from the sitting room behind me and hid behind a wall next to us so the rude guy couldn't see what he was telling me. He was so funny that I cracked up laughing. The rude guy obviously knew we were talking about him but gave me what I needed. Being deaf sucks now and then but if you enjoy life so much, being deaf is not so bad.....

Now that best posting I have heard today! :gpost::cool2:

Sometimes the thrill of going back and forth with the person being rude to you can be quite exhilirating and addictive, especially if you have the last word. :D

Being deaf I've learned to have snappy comeback ready at all times, overpower them with wit.

Like one day my cousin-by-marriage was just being downright bitchy to me. She shouted out - 'No wonder you are so deaf, that music is too loud!'

I retorted back - 'No, I was born deaf, your bitchiness was accquired!'

She never uttered another word to me the rest of the day. I even got a few grins from the people surrounding us when they heard. It was SO worth it! :lol:

How sharp are these horns? Anyways, life's tough when dealin with those kind of people whose clueless about people with disabilities - fight back

oh dear.. stick that joke with j(cla)oker please. :)

sorry,... deaf hitman?

dixie, believe me I used to do that and now sometimes I'm not so good at that when am so down that I eventually had to gave myself up. today I wasn't feeling great, crummy, no energy and depressed. who cares. anyone would sharpen their horns as much as they want to. I've just given up fighting back.

:hmm: good idea august, after I use it for myself then maybe you can help with the rest if any bullets left. :roll:

mm, very dead, deadmoney. can I vent can't I?

i suppose. But for every vent im heard about that topic. If i charged 5 cents to listen back then id be a millionaire now :)

you know, usually I don't vent.. but, like you, who cares. and, welcome aboard. :)

:hmm: good idea august, after I use it for myself then maybe you can help with the rest if any bullets left. :roll:

mm, very dead, deadmoney. can I vent can't I?

actually frecks, the idea is to use it on other people.

they give you poop, you go boom boom. they go bye bye.

What really disturbs me is just because someone is deaf doesn't mean a person needs to raise her/his voice louder to expect a deaf person to hear.

Back in the old days someone I once knew asked me "If I talk loud can they hear me?" and I said "no, If a deaf person doesn’t understand you while talking slowly then get a paper and pen" ..:roll:

Freckles- I'm sorry you had such a bad day, dont let these kind of people bother you. I guess their parents didn't teach them any manners.. ;)

at least youre smiling now so thats all that matters :)
yeah.. if it weren't for friends (vent).. so, afterall it's not the end of the story right? ;)

ha poop, boom, bybye ... how so wish I. I think picking out black jigsaws out of their hearts would be easier. no crime.

you're right, thanks angel.

Back