Types of dreams

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes God gave us this dream for some reasons.
Yes, I saw Jesus in my dream, I have a good reason why Jesus come to my dream.

We must have known that our mind have a powerful influence over our body

http://encyclopedia.worldvillage.com/s/b/Dream

http://samvak.tripod.com/dream.html

Yes, we do not remember our dream sometimes.

Don´t tell me that I never understand you because I know an exactly what/why we dream - where the dream comes from... ;)

We have an Expert who made her lesure over types of dream at parent conference at years ago. Thats how I learn alot from her. ;) I thank her for show me why I dream...
I also study my dream to find out why the dream want to tell me.

Your dreams are important and I am glad u get to learn about them and from her lectures. I simple do not follow what other saying about the dreams cuz we see eye to eye different. Dreams keep u away from see real out there becuase they do not want us to see them when they are with u or work with u.

What do u dream every night?

When I dream, I left my body and travel to many places. I get to watch God's working on people daily. I get to see my loved ones, I get to see my old friends from old memories and all kind of life who used to live here once. I get to visit the past, get to visit the future. when I get there, they heal me when I am not well. I get to see many more than I asked for it. when I am tired of it then I dream of my own problems to work out. Two different type of dreams, one is regular dreams alike all of us dream then other dreams are more alike connected to deeper and awakening ( vivid dreams) which I believe it is called astral traveling. Others called them OBE and NDE. Is this what you experience as I have? I hope so. :)

Then there is also dreams come true as I used to get them alot when I was young. I don't pay attention to them anymore cuz I can not deal with death esp if it comes true. I am sure you and many other people's dreams come true often as I used to have.

got to go, my time here is limited.

Rose Immortal said:
Do you mean lucid dreams? Or sleep paralysis? I have had both, and even they are a different phenomenon from what I'm talking about now. I'm curious to know what you're talking about because I've never heard that terminology before.

Not lucid dreams or sleep paralysis. It is more alike right before u went to sleep, dreams come in but ur still awake and move around. Unds me?

In my psychology book, it says that an idea about where dreams could come from is the brain trying to make sense of random signals by applying things like emotions and memories. I guess that people conditioned to think in religious terms would tend to have religous dreams. When I was religous, I had that dream with Jesus and other dreams where demons floated around in my room. Now I don't have such dreams. I guess that is because I see the world differently now.
I also remember having an epic dream with werid things happening. I'll write about it soon.

RedFox-

I never talked about regilion, God and Bible and I never read the Bible BEFORE I had the dream experience of seeing Jesus. After my dream experience, God got me started to study the Bible.

Momoftwo

jazzy said:
Not lucid dreams or sleep paralysis. It is more alike right before u went to sleep, dreams come in but ur still awake and move around. Unds me?

Sounds like when you sleepwalk...am I mistaken? Please tell me if I am...

Yes the dreams are very powerful. I know cuz it was very sudden that my cousin passed away .. she wanted us to assure that shes ok.. i believe in my heart that she doesnt want us to worry about her but shes fine and is happy in heaven! sighs..

i still dont know why she came to me? why not my sister or someone else? but me? but then we were closer and she was expert in sign language.. I dunno really?

i have nightmares i know they are just dreams.. that i have plms to face with and work it out.. then theres the paraylsis dream that i saw my mom she was like a ghost.. i tried to call out to her but i couldnt talk.. i couldnt get up? i was freaked out.. i really tried.. i finally woke up and realized its just a dream? i dunno what to make out of it.. dang..

I had a NDE in 97.. it was due to the accident i was in and was knocked out.. but came back.. it felt like a dream to me.. but i was told by people and some in here that its NDE. It's interesting..

My oldest sister said she had medation.. she told me to stay away from mediation.. its allowing devil to come in you and control you and tell u what to do.. she said never do that again.. she was mediating and floating out of her body.. then saw the devil.. she got freaked and got back in her body and woke up.. after that she never mediate again.. thats why u have to be careful with what you are opening to when u try to connect with the outer world.. i dunno but thats my opinion i guess..

One thing I would say, Liebling--there is a difference between meditation and contemplative prayer.

"Pure" meditation is certainly dangerous because it involves basically emptying out the self, and opening oneself to any and every force.

Contemplative prayer involves a similar relaxation and mental focusing, but instead of emptying yourself out, you focus your mind upon God and allow Him to fill you. Branches of Christianity without a strong monastic tradition (i.e. Protestantism) can be very condemning of contemplative prayer--but it has definitely been practiced successfully by monks and saints (such as Santa Teresa de Avila and San Juan de la Cruz). It certainly requires care--but if you are sure in your aim to be with God, then you will be able to hear His guidance as to whether or not you should do it, and if yes, He will protect you.

Rose Immortal said:
Sounds like when you sleepwalk...am I mistaken? Please tell me if I am...

No sleepwalking, it is not same thing. :) When u sleep, u dream. when u half awake and half sleep ( almost sleep not yet there ) u dream. It is called awake dream. This is what I am asking u is this what ur trying to explain above this? Unless it means differently.

Me sleepwalk? never cuz I am light sleeper. anything touch me , slight move or little light woke me up easy. Unless I would have known if I was sleepwalk by my hubby or my kids would have told me about it.

I had a dream about my 2 female cousins were preparing funeral in
a dining room...

Then few months later, their sister died... and I was watching
them preparing funeral in a dining room...

I never been in that dining room in California.

I think Dream predict future.

do any of u experience Premonition before? for you who doesnt know what it means. here what it means..
Premonition is a type of prophecy consisting of an impressionable warning of a future event. The phenomenon is characterized by such sensations as anxiety, uneasiness, a vague feeling of disquiet suggesting impending disaster to actual visual or auditory hallucinations. Premonition is sometimes referred to as a "gut-level" feeling. The sensation tends to occur prior to disasters, accidents, deaths and other traumatic and emotionally charged events. Another consideration is coincidence.
The dream or hallucination of an event could possible coincide with the incident. Also, it is possible that impressions, whether they remain vague forebodings or are embedded in dreams, must at times be subconscious inferences drawn from an actual, if obscured, perception of existing facts. Such premonitions are by no means to be disregarded. However, frequently premonitions, no matter how impressive, prove to be absolutely groundless, where a ghostly visitant issues the warning.

I have many times.. As i told you my cousin passed away.. ok.. the next day i had a premonition that her headstone would be unicorn with her name, her married name and maiden name included, birth date, and death date on it. i was like dismissing it as it is impossible to put her maiden name there.

On the day of funeral then burial service, I saw the headstone and all of her names and the dates the exactly same in premonitions i had .. i was like gripped with numb couldnt believing what i saw as it came true!

My old friend who i was very close died in 2002 of a freak accident. I was sitting outside, relaxing and watching TJ playing in the yard. i had an odd feeling then all of a sudden i had premonition seeing many vehicles, cops, and ambulance everywhere in HillCreek a town nearby not far from my moms. I saw someone laying covered with sheet and blood everywhere.. i thought nothing of it.. prolly watched too much tv.. but anyway my mom got a phone call that Terry died.. i was like where did it happened? she said HillCreek. i said oh my goodness.. i was then shocked with disbelief that it came true ? later my sis in law came home and called my mom to tell me not to go thru HillCreek as traffic there are bad. My mom told her it was Terry who was dead .. she said Oh that was him?

i have many premonitions i could go on but am not going to.. lol.. but i think thats what dreams are like warnings or foretell what future mean?

jazzy said:
No sleepwalking, it is not same thing. :) When u sleep, u dream. when u half awake and half sleep ( almost sleep not yet there ) u dream. It is called awake dream. This is what I am asking u is this what ur trying to explain above this? Unless it means differently.

Oh, OK. I'm sorry I misunderstood you for so long. But, I can tell you that what I'm trying to describe is not like this. I felt myself go unconscious, and it was almost like being anesthetized, except I felt no fear and I went into a dream-world very quickly. I could no longer feel my waking body, nor could I see or hear anything from "outside"--I only felt sensations from the one in the dream-world.

sometimes my dream came true some not have come true but sometimes it gives me a warning

sometimes i get bad dreams weird dreams strong dreams

People have always said to pinch them to prove they're not dreaming, because it wouldn't hurt if they were dreaming, but I do feel pain in my dreams. Like the other night. In my dream my arm really hurt and I woke up and it was fine. SO strange! In my dreams I can talk telepathically and also can sign fluently. In real life though um, I do not have ESP, and um, cannot sign fluently (far from it...). And why are my dreams so boring? Some people have really interesting ones but mine usually involve things like brushing my teeth or driving to work. I like this thread :)

I have had nightmares and good dreams over the years -- usually i dont recall my dreams after i wake up -- but lately ive been having more frequent cases of "Deja Vu" when im with my partner Cooliefroggie that sometimes include some specific friends -- i often would know i had dreamed the events long before they *actually* happened cuz when it happens i would remark to Cooliefroggie "damn ive had a deja vu!" seems to me that Cooliefroggie and i are very much intertwined with eachother and that we are "old souls" with possibility of having been together in our past lives

:Oops: I had a WEIRDEST dream that I :cuddle: EVERY of you in this forum and me :slap: Miss P for making those stupid questions.

:ugh: I know I am :crazy: person.

Dreams Central's Dream Dictionary

Saddle
To dream of saddles tell you that you will receive good news and welcome visitors. It also indicates that you may take a pleasant journey that will in some manner benefit your finances.

To saddle a horse means you will receive money. To be in the saddle show3s you will rise to a position of authority.

Safe (locker)
A safe when used to protect valuables is a good omen which signifies security in your life while an empty safe in your dreams may mean loss or lack: loss if it has been broken into, or lack if it is simply empty.

Safe (baseball)
To dream you are safe on base means you will have good luck with a project. To see a famous ball player safe on base means you will have success coupled with fame and honor.

Saffron
Saffron as used in cooking is a good omen meaning several different things such as; a tense situation being cleared up. A lessening of quarrels or combativeness in your life, making up after a spat, etc.. To see Saffron growing means you may have a false lover. Safforn in your dreams can also show that a calming influence is entering your life now and to drink a tea of it shows you should beware of false friends that could wreck your peace of mind. To dream on a pillow of saffron indicates a calm happy time is coming.

Sage
A dream of sage is an omen that foretells that your new family will practice thrifty ways and economize where possible. If a woman dreams she has over seasoned her food with it denotes extravagance that will lead to poverty. To drink sage tea shows that you will meet a difficult situation with calmness.

Sailing
To have a dream where you are sailing on calm waters show that you will have an easy time of it as you strive to make your fortune. A beautiful sail full of wind shows that you will be free from poverty and much misery. If you are on a small vessel this shows that your desires will remain modest and not beyond your means of earning them.

Sailor
If you dream of a sailor you will be bound for a long and exiting ocean voyage. For women to dream of flirting with sailors shows she could be harmed by a jealous lover. A sailor who is whistling while he works denotes very good luck to the dreamer.

Salad
Dreaming of eating a salad could be your subconscious minds way of telling you to do just that! Perhaps by eating more salads you will forestall the sickness and ill health this dream denotes. If you dream of making it yourself this could mean a quarrel with a loved one.

Salt
Salt in a dream is an unhappy symbol that brings chaos and discord with it. Dreaming of salt will denote that things around you will get a little fouled up and slightly askew, to put it mildly. You will find quarrels in the family and with friends break out at the drop of a hat with little or no provocation. Should you be salting meat in your dream then will you find that debts you owe begin to fall behind and you get continually harassed over them.

Saltpeter
A dream of saltpeter will bring with it an inconsolable grief over which you will have a hard time recovering as it may include the loss of a life. To use saltpeter in making pickles in your dream shows a big change in your life.

Salve
If you dream you are rubbing salve on someones wound this will show that you can be depended on to help a friend in a crisis. If the salve is being rubbed on you, you will win in the face of adversity, overcoming all obstacles.

Samples
A dream whereby you are being given merchandise samples denotes that you will see a good increase in your business. If you dream that you are given the choice between one sample or the other will show that you have a decision to make and it will be a complex one. A dream of assorted samples being picked over will show that you will have more opportunities in your life.

Sand dunes
While sand itself can be an adverse dream, sand dunes are a different matter altogether. A sand dune represents protection as these are protected from distraction by law and this dream shows that you are longing for, or actively seeking, protection in your life. To understand what the protection you are seeking actually is you will have to look to the other symbols in the dream and correlate it with the sand dune symbol.

Shacks
To see shacky old buildings ready to be destroyed, or torn down, is a sign of the dreamer allowing his habits to tear down his personal house, (the body), and it bodes bad news and ill health for the dreamer unless the dreamer drastically changes his/her ways in a hurry; with a dream like this you can expect impending disaster to your health due only to bad habits or dissipation.

Shoes
If you are shining your shoes you will soon hear of an exciting new business venture in which you will get involved. If you dream the shoes you are wearing is shabby and worn out you can expect success in your business through hard work. New shoes mean overconfidence, but if you lose a shoe you will experience setbacks or losses.

Snake
A snake, being the ages old symbol of evil or satan, makes it a bad omen to have one show up in a dream. To see a lone snake and feel threatened by it shows that you have a bad enemy that is even then working against you, it also a warning against bodily harm from an enemy. To dream of many snakes in a pit is the foreboding of much bad luck in love or business. Should you overcome and kill a threatening snake in your dream shows that you will overcome your adversary and win out.

snow
To dream of snow in all its forms, on trees, storms, etc., is a dream of very good omen which shows you will have success in business or investments, but if you should eat the snow this will presage a long period of sadness for the dreamer.

Spiders
All spiders except tarantulas are omens of good luck. If you see a spider climbing the wall you will have your dearest wish come true and if you see a spider spinning a web you will have an increase in your income due to hard work. A large spider sitting on a telephone shows you will have a phone call that will benefit you greatly. The larger the spider, the bigger the rewards.

Spirits
if you dream of speaking with an unknown spirit you should watch out for someone who is trying to deceive you. Generally if the spirit is known and welcomed it is a sign of great good luck and/or good fortune in business affairs.

Stage
All the world is a stage and we are all actors playing a part. The trick to figuring out this dream is to try to find the symbology that will point to your 'performance in life' and then you will be able to correlate the stage with any items you see on it and the actions of the actors as they role play in order to receive the intended message.

Stairs
If you are walking up the steps it is a sign of good luck in your present endeavors, but if you are walking downstairs expect to meet with bad luck and setbacks. If you should stumble and fall upward on the stairs you will have a happy marriage or relationship, but if you fall down them you must be more conventional in your attitude and lifestyle so you do not fall into disrespect.

Stomach
If you dream of your stomach be cautious of trading confidences and doubly so if you dream you are sick to your stomach. A distended stomach is an indication of unhealthy eating habits and impending illness if there is not a quick change in dietary practices. If you dream your stomach is nice and flat, it is an indication that you should get more exercise.

Suffocating
A dream of suffocation should first of all be taken as a warning and go to see the doctor for a thorough checkup, second of all the dream could indicate that you are a victim of a particular kind of love that is so protective of you that you feel suffocated. Either way the dream warns you to check your health or get out of a bad relationship.

Swimming
The dream of swimming must be interpreted by using all the aspects of your dream to judge the extent of the good or bad signified by swimming. If you dream you are swimming in the ocean coming toward shore you will have good fortune in business and financial affairs through your hard work. To be swimming in a pool shows that you will be unlucky in love and if you see females swimming in the pool you will have luck with love, to see males you will have luck in business, and if you see both you will experience both types of luck. If you are teaching someone to swim you will soon have an increase due to good fortune.

http://www.sleeps.com/dictionary/sss.html

When I met and spent time with Luckysmile that I realized I know her long time ago because she was in my dream few times including love and anothers.

Last time I had dream of her in 1998 I remember what she tried to whisper to me and warn me so I would know from the future.

I had dream of her I told guy from work that I had quite love with her on bed. That was wonderful. That was in 2002. I did not know who was person in my dream until it's Lucksmile. I remember!

My old dreams were about her few times before I met her.

Dreams can sometimes save lives.

After 9/11/01 I had nightmares for a while and in one of the dreams I was sitting on the porch and relaxing then I saw a white van come closer then a very big and a very loud explosion and hot rolling flames went near my face the blast was so powerful that it threw me back into my house, my rocking chair shattered the windows throwing me into the living room then I saw many vans come then muslim masked terrorists came out of the vans with AK rifles and the terrorists started to shoot into American home's windows raking the American's homes with bullets then I am running into the hallway while bullets are ripping into my house, I fall down to avoid bullets and then I do the military crawl then get to my gun safe then I open the gun safe and get my guns and ammo then the bullets have stopped coming then I run to the nearest window without letting them see me then I take aim at the terrorists and hell breaks loose, I drop alots of bad guys then I have to reload and I go to a safer location where there is more cover and concealment and bullets can't penetrate the thick cement wall as I am changing magazines and a terrorist comes at me with a knife. I loaded the magazine faster than ever while running backwards and I shot that bad guy then my hearing aid instantly heard one of the bad guys scream and he ran really angry because he wanted to murder me then he ran and picked up a RPG shoulder rocket and took aim at me I shot him in the face then I took aim and shot the inside of the rpg barrel and it blew the terrorist's whole body apart before my eyes then I ran to the next spot and what looked to be a Syrian high ranking military officer angrily directed shahids ( suicide bombers ) after me then I shot some of them and ran away as they exploded themselves and I ran around the street corner right into masked terrorists who are mortar men and they are setting up the tripod to the mortar and I shot them then I got scared because my magazine went dry, no more ammo and I had to stab one of the terrorists and the knife broke right off the handle and I push the standing dead terrorist forwards while the terrorists are shooting at me from about 5 to 8 inches away and then I fight the terrorists in vicious hand to hand combat so fast that I don't even know what just happened and the dead arabic terrorists are laying dead in their own pool of blood and I see the patch of the Syrian flag on the uniformed muslim officer. I take one of the AK and blow his head off even though he is dead because I am so angry and then the gun battle rages on for about 18 hours before the whole town is finally back in American hands and we see crying children fearful women and angry old men and the aftermath and the town lays in bullet holes and ruins but we all survived the inital surprise attack and it feels like the gun battle only took 30 mintunes to 1 hour because we kept running, sprinting, shooting and fighting and I suddenly realize I am much more lightweight and walk much more faster because I had been running all day back and forth without realizing it because my whole body, mind and soul was running as one without really realizing you are running and you have your eyes wide open and paying attention so much that you do not even know you were running all day then I eat with American soldiers and the townspeople who took part in the battle to take our town back and then I go back to where my house was and I drag out the dead terrorists in my house and leave it in the front yard where the townspeople will burn the terrorist's dead bodies then I remember laying down to sleep in my bed again then I woke up. I did not like that dream at all because I heard bullets, explosions , I got in hand to hand combat fights where I felt my face getting hit and my whole body hurting from being in a vicious life and death fight and running so much from one place to one place all day then towards the end of the gun battle in the last few hours it was vicious man to man fighting because both sides ran out of ammo and hiding from each other then attack with knife , tools or anything including their own bare hands to kill us and we fought back with knifes , tools or just pure hand to hand combat. It was then right after I had that dream, I decided to be prepared and have food , water and everything ready then go on about my daily life as a normal man would wake up to go to work and come home to relax on the front porch. That dream was very creepy and scary in many ways because it seemed to be the start of a very sudden war that would plunge the whole world into a very worldwide war when the American homefront is finally attacked. That is one of the reasons why I started a Deaf self defense website to help Deaf people and their families be more prepared and just pray that will never happen. I feel that was a very Deja vu and also a premonitioned dream.

Last edited:
jazzy said:
Liebling:-))) said:
Your dreams are important and I am glad u get to learn about them and from her lectures. I simple do not follow what other saying about the dreams cuz we see eye to eye different. Dreams keep u away from see real out there becuase they do not want us to see them when they are with u or work with u.

What do u dream every night?

When I dream, I left my body and travel to many places. I get to watch God's working on people daily. I get to see my loved ones, I get to see my old friends from old memories and all kind of life who used to live here once. I get to visit the past, get to visit the future. when I get there, they heal me when I am not well. I get to see many more than I asked for it. when I am tired of it then I dream of my own problems to work out. Two different type of dreams, one is regular dreams alike all of us dream then other dreams are more alike connected to deeper and awakening ( vivid dreams) which I believe it is called astral traveling. Others called them OBE and NDE. Is this what you experience as I have? I hope so. :)

Then there is also dreams come true as I used to get them alot when I was young. I don't pay attention to them anymore cuz I can not deal with death esp if it comes true. I am sure you and many other people's dreams come true often as I used to have.

got to go, my time here is limited.

Have you been OBE awful lot due your dreams and seeing vivid colors and seeing people in your past.. That obvouis you're on OBE.. "Out body experience" I've been there twice times.. and seeing beautiful vivid bright color and barely to see.. until can feel vacumed my body back and crystal clearly what am I seeing... IT'S GALAXY.. then came it back into my body and woke up.. I ain't forget that first happend...

NDE= Near Death Experience.. means you're already gone DEAD within 5 minutes or more.. and came back alive again...
Get it?
I forgot somewhere I did posted about OBE/NDE thread... and website address too..
you can try use goggle.. and to find it..

Haha crazymomma.. you wouldnt be the only one who is crazy! ;)

I feel that dreams can mean many different things at the same time. Even though it might be an ancient memory or a parallel life memory, there's still something to learn from it IMO.

If you dream of a house or a building, chances are it represents your levels of consciousness. People can represent parts in you.

Astral projection
http://www.crystalinks.com/astralprojection.html

Near Death experience (NDE)
http://www.crystalinks.com/neardeath.html

Out of Body Experience (OBE)
http://www.crystalinks.com/out_of_body.html

Back