Two Questions On Fingerspelling Difficulties

yay

It's a total lifesaver. I could not handle using the Rochester Method with the ASL alphabet 24/7.

do you mean
Also known as Visible English.
A method of deaf education that focuses on fingerspelling and speech
American Sign Language (ASL)

yea fingerspelling everything(due to cerebral palsy) is called something. tactile hug

thank you for explaining

do you mean American Sign Language (ASL)

yea fingerspelling everything(due to cerebral palsy) is called something. tactile hug

thank you for explaining

Right, Rochester Method is when everything is finger spelled out in English order. I have to use this method with people who don't know any signs but who do know how to finger spell.

I know two Deaf people with CP: one of them uses Rochester Method and the other still uses full-blown sign language.

Right, Rochester Method is when everything is finger spelled out in English order. I have to use this method with people who don't know any signs but who do know how to finger spell.[...]

Wow... didn't know that existed.

Wow... didn't know that existed.

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of oralist schools for the deaf emphasized this signing method when signing was absolutely necessary to emphasize English. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CJB, that BSL alphabet for DeafBlind was very interesting, I tried it-
:ty:

CJB, that BSL alphabet for DeafBlind was very interesting, I tried it-
:ty:

:)

I really like it cause it requires a whole lot less movement than the ASL alphabet. I am pretty sure it's considered the International DB Manual too, so it should hopefully be useful even outside the UK.

:hmm: I will like to go over again....did notice there was less movement required. And interesting how all the areas of the palm were used-

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of oralist schools for the deaf emphasized this signing method when signing was absolutely necessary to emphasize English. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Looked up for papers about it, and found that

Pure insanity, btw.
Boys actually learned things using that method.
Incredible.

Looked up for papers about it, and found that

Pure insanity, btw.
Boys actually learned things using that method.
Incredible.

Amen.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I use BSL instead of ASL. :laugh2:

Back