Trouble Breathing

SimplyMints

Reaction score
Lately, I've been feeling like I have to remind myself to take each breath. There seems to be no pain or blockage that I know of. This is aside from times when I'm sick with bronchitis, of course, which would seem to be obvious. However, I'm wondering if this difficulty breathing has anything to do with the fact that my ability to hear myself breathing has abruptly vanished just a few months ago over the course of only a few months, and perhaps my brain is therefore unsure if I really am breathing. This is only a guess, and I know I shouldn't self-psychoanalyse.

It's possible that it could be related to my sudden total hearing loss, but in a different way, purely psychological in that maybe the breathing difficulty is caused by intense stress, and by mere coincidence, the stress is caused by my attempts to cope with sudden total hearing loss.

I've found that vix vaporub seems to enable me to relax and breathe more easily. Also, placing my face in a facial steamer also helps me breathe sometimes. Whatever this condition is, it doesn't seem to cause sleep apnoea, which leads me to believe it's a psychological condition rather than a physiological one.

I strongly hope this doesn't warrant yet another doctor visit. I've been to the doctors far too many times in the past very few months, and I don't have insurance, and this is costing me a fortune.

Hmm.

Nasal polyps?

Obesity?

Are you allergic to some foods such as high fruit corn syrup from the ingredient in the food packages?

Is your house "clean"?

Do you wash your bed sheets once a week? (due the mites on the sheets)

To me it kind of seems like you may be having panic attacks. But I think you probably should ask your doctor. Even if you have to spend money now, it will get better.:hug:

Hmm.

Nasal polyps?

Obesity?

Are you allergic to some foods such as high fruit corn syrup from the ingredient in the food packages?

Is your house "clean"?

Do you wash your bed sheets once a week? (due the mites on the sheets)

One thing that reminded me of obesity was the fact that I have caught myself doing something I saw John Candy doing in the movie Cool Runnings. But I'm only 8 pounds overweight, so I would hope I'm not having that difficulty. I fully intend to lose these last 8 pounds :)

And my house is cleaner than ever, and I wash my sheets exactly once every week :)

It's possible that I have developed a new food allergy that I'm not aware off. That's worth considering.

Not sure what the nasal thing is.

To me it kind of seems like you may be having panic attacks. But I think you probably should ask your doctor. Even if you have to spend money now, it will get better.:hug:

Panic attacks have crossed my mind, and that is a very real possibility. Yes, I was hoping it would be something simple that I could solve without the help of a doctor. Well, my greatest priority is to stay alive, so I guess I'll just have to spend the money.

Just investigate some things that you might want to find out:

Do you use the same shampoo/soap everyday? Have you try a different brand? (Less complex names on the ingredients is better.)

I used the Arm & Hammer detergent for my laundry for many years. I switched two different brands. i.e. Ms. Meyer's and Seventh Generation (especially if they are on sale). I felt better and made some improvements.

Maybe, you might have an incisional hernia because it is closer to your lungs due the muscle situation. I hope that I am wrong, but my sister had it a couple of years ago.

My father ate too much food that made him difficult to breathe. He limits to eat some foods, but I think that it is okay to eat a little bit more food.

Write down on the calendar of something happened to you. What food you ate, or something that caused you trouble breathing so that you would able to narrow the problem later. i.e. bending down to pick up something on the floor for example.

Molds? pillows, cellar, old furniture (color white in the back), surface molds on the soil plants, etc. I might buy an UV wand to kill the mites. I saw some lists on the Amazon website. I usually put my pillows in the dryer for 5 minutes to kill the mites.

Maybe, your house indoor is too dry.

simplymints
i agree with webexplorer and keep a journal to see what things make you having breathing plm,

i kept a journal once when i had plm with my breathing and my face swollen and then nothing happen until i ate same thing and it did same thing, it turn out i am allergic to strawberries so i stop eating that afterward.
then later kept other journal when i start to itching all over my body and broke out into rashes but i had little breathing plm but i went to doctor and it turn out i was allergic to generic medication so i never went back to that medication but instead of taking generic i took REAL kind.

just follow what you did and keep journal smile it would help you ;)

There are two possibilities that seem to stand out at this point in my investigation. One of them is the possibility of panic attacks. I've had my suspicions that I may be susceptible to panic attacks before. I never saw the doctor about it, but instead read about how to control them and took control. This was years ago, and I don't remember this symptom. However, it makes sense because if I'm able to succeed using relaxation techniques, it's related to tension.

The other possibility I don't think was discussed here. But it could be coffee. I've been drinking coffee all of my adult life, but never had a problem with it until now. The reason I suspect coffee is because the severity of the problem is so far directly related to the quantity of coffee that I've had that day. I plan to quit drinking coffee and see if that has any effect. This also makes sense to me since caffeine can influence nerves.

You have mentioned in another thread you started some new medications. That could be the culprit. I would suggest you to see your Dr. If money is an issue, make an appointment with the social services in your area.

Tightness of the chest and trouble breathing can also be a sign of heart papulation.

You have mentioned in another thread you started some new medications. That could be the culprit. I would suggest you to see your Dr. If money is an issue, make an appointment with the social services in your area.

Tightness of the chest and trouble breathing can also be a sign of heart papulation.

I didn't even think of that about the medications! You're absolutely right, and I need to consider that. Maybe it even has a reaction with the medication and coffee mix, though the drug information sheet doesn't say so. Thanks, I should look into this right away! This is something that has to be resolved quickly, and can't wait for tests! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

This is what I was going to say -- although whenever I've recovered from an attack of bronchitis, I've also had trouble breathing for awhile before the illness completely resolved itself.

I didn't even think of that about the medications! You're absolutely right, and I need to consider that. Maybe it even has a reaction with the medication and coffee mix, though the drug information sheet doesn't say so. Thanks, I should look into this right away! This is something that has to be resolved quickly, and can't wait for tests! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

You are very welcome.

Medications do have a lot of side effects and adversed reactions when mixed with other foods and meds.
Just go back to your Dr. And ask
Don't be afraid to ask for help from the Social Services.

I got help from them when I was in dire need. My son was injured during Hurricane Charley. The Social Services helped me with his injuries. 9 staples in his head was covered.

Even though this is not an injury. It is a huge impact and change for you. Help is there. You just have to ask.

This is what I was going to say -- although whenever I've recovered from an attack of bronchitis, I've also had trouble breathing for awhile before the illness completely resolved itself.

I'm also on the mend from bronchitis! I guess I was just bound to experience this one way or another!

You are very welcome.

Medications do have a lot of side effects and adversed reactions when mixed with other foods and meds.
Just go back to your Dr. And ask
Don't be afraid to ask for help from the Social Services.

I got help from them when I was in dire need. My son was injured during Hurricane Charley. The Social Services helped me with his injuries. 9 staples in his head was covered.

Even though this is not an injury. It is a huge impact and change for you. Help is there. You just have to ask.

I am not sure what you mean suggesting SimplyMints to contact the Social Service. I think that it is usually for a Social Service agent to take the kids away for a while and go to court, etc.

I am not sure what you mean suggesting SimplyMints to contact the Social Service. I think that it is usually for a Social Service agent to take the kids away for a while and go to court, etc.

Not exactly. There are social programs that can help out those that need it. You would contact that agency under social services. It's two different agencies under the title "social services.."

Social service is there to help anyone.

It is not just CPS. It is a general dept. That helps anyone in need

Social services in terms that I mean is financal help in Medical Bills.

I wouldn't trust this website. I would strongly advise anyone who is having trouble breathing to see a doctor instead.

I agree with you, Oceanbreeze.

It sounds like to me that you may have asthma attacks, SimplyMints. Please call your PCP for an appointment ASAP. :)

Back