Tropical Storm Chris

Oceanbreeze

Reaction score
*sigh*

It's that time of year again! It looks like S. FL could be dealing with a tropical system in the very near future. I thought we didn't have to worry too much about Tropical Storm Chris, but it's now forecasted to become a hurricane by the weekend. Please keep the Floridians in your thoughts and prayers. Also, anyone along the Eastern seaboard should also have their eye on the storm. Please keep those people in your thoughts as well.

Yup! The "fun" is about start! :roll:

Be safe, everyone! Thank you.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060802...ULPVgGs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

TweetyBird said:
oh man not again! *sigh* i hope everyone will be ok and safe there

Thank you Tweety!

And, yes...AGAIN! :lol:

Unfortuantely, happens every year. This storm is probably going to head toward the Bahamas, but could "clip" S. FL along the way. Since I'm at the extreme end of S. FL, we sorta have our hineys blowing in the wind down here. It's stressful. Not to mention, I don't exactly want to be dealing with a hurricane so stinking soon!

I hope there will be no evacuations, but we'll just have to wait and see. It looks like we'll be dealing with a category 1 hurricane, though. I just hope it's no stronger than a Cat 1.

*sigh*

Hopefully it wouldn't be serious. My prayers are with you and others whom live nearby..
Pls keep update OK?

GalaxyAngel said:
Hopefully goes for c1 instead big ones..

You're my prayer!

Thanks, GA!!! We're not sure exactly what will happen. Still too early to know..

*watching and waiting*

I just watched a moment ago on weather channel. Oh boy. It looks like going to Key West or other islands. Hope it wont hit either of those islands since theres too much for those ppls by going through in years. . Anyway you and others are in my prayers

FreedummyRing said:
It is nothing.
It is nothing? What makes you think it is nothing? Gee, a hurricane is something that you don't want get yourself in unless you want to.

OB, I am crossing my fingers that it won't gain any more strength or hit your area too hard.

ButterflyGirl said:
It is nothing? What makes you think it is nothing? Gee, a hurricane is something that you don't want get yourself in unless you want to.

OB, I am crossing my fingers that it won't gain any more strength or hit your area too hard.

Thanks. :) And, it's *something* Is it going to be a "Wilma"? No. But, it could make things interesting. I'm nervous, but not freaking out yet.

Everyone thought Wilma was "nothing", too. But, it affected my area with 120 mph winds. Therefore, a "nothing storm", can become "something" really quickly.

Contrary to what FreeDummy says, it's something to be concerned about.

PurrMeow said:
I just watched a moment ago on weather channel. Oh boy. It looks like going to Key West or other islands. Hope it wont hit either of those islands since theres too much for those ppls by going through in years. . Anyway you and others are in my prayers

It could pay us a visit. I'm alittle bit nervous. As it stands now, we can handle a category 1 hurricane. I just hope it doesn't explode into something bigger like Wilma did. Everyone thought that wasn't going to be a big deal, but it crossed our area with 120 mph winds.

These storms aren't fun.

::sighs::

Two of my sisters lives in Florida, as do my great-grandfather and several of my uncles and aunts. This makes me nervous.

LuciaDisturbed said:
::sighs::

Two of my sisters lives in Florida, as do my great-grandfather and several of my uncles and aunts. This makes me nervous.

I know how you feel, Lucia. I'm nervous, too. Good news, though. At least, right now. The storm hasn't strengthened any today. In fact, the winds have gone down 5mph. The track still takes it towards S.FL, though. Forecasters are still saying it could strengthen into a category 1 hurricane by tomorrow, I believe?

There's lots of mumbo jumbo about "it could do this..or that." So, I'll just say I don't know what it's going to do yet. We've got our eye on it, though.

I'll keep your relatives in my thoughts. :)

You can bank on it!

Oceanbreeze said:
I know how you feel, Lucia. I'm nervous, too. Good news, though. At least, right now. The storm hasn't strengthened any today. In fact, the winds have gone down 5mph. The track still takes it towards S.FL, though. Forecasters are still saying it could strengthen into a category 1 hurricane by tomorrow, I believe?

There's lots of mumbo jumbo about "it could do this..or that." So, I'll just say I don't know what it's going to do yet. We've got our eye on it, though.

I'll keep your relatives in my thoughts. :)

You can bank on it!

Thanks, Ocean. I'll keep you in my thoughts as well.

LuciaDisturbed said:
Thanks, Ocean. I'll keep you in my thoughts as well.

You're welcome, and thank YOU. :)

Btw, I neglected to mention the storm was at 60mph, which still classifies it as a tropical storm. It was at 65mph earlier.

The storm had some upper level winds interfering with it, which hasn't allowed it to strengthen. According to those "in the know", at the Hurricane Center, the storm is supposed to overcome this interference, and eventually strengthen. Like I said, there's alot of "fantastical bs" about what it could do, might do, ect. So, we gotta keep our eye on it.

This is exactly why I DO NOT LIKE hurricane season! The anxiety that comes along with these storms, can make a person NUTS!

:angel: Good News and Yes I am happy for you guys down in Florida and I hope it is not going to be another rough year for you guys in Florida and alongside the Atlantic seaboard. Thank God for this one. :) :thumb:

ButterflyGirl said:
GOOD NEWS!!
The storm Chris is no longer a threat. It has died down :)

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tropical/

Yeah, I heard it was fizzling out. Last I heard (last night), it could re-emerge over the Gulf of Mexico and regenerate to become a problem along the Texas/Mexico border. If it does, we'd be talking a tropical storm. But, we're very glad this storm fizzled out. They were orginally talking about the possibility of 'Chris' becoming a Category 1 hurricane and affecting S. Florida this weekend. :ugh3:

I'm just NOT ready for this crap yet, so I'm glad to see it died out! :lol:

Back