Tropical Storm Chris

GalaxyAngel said:
Which it's good news! I'm happy that c1 is died already!

:lol: GA! It wasn't a hurricane, but thank you. :)

"C-1" refers to a category 1 hurricane. In order for a tropical storm to become a category 1 hurricane, it would need 74 mph winds. Strenghth is determined by windspeed. The higher the wind speed, the higher the hurricane category.

Understand? :)

Oceanbreeze said:
:lol: GA! It wasn't a hurricane, but thank you. :)

"C-1" refers to a category 1 hurricane. In order for a tropical storm to become a category 1 hurricane, it would need 74 mph winds. Strenghth is determined by windspeed. The higher the wind speed, the higher the hurricane category.

Understand? :)

Ahh.. Yes Sir!,

I understand! :D
Thanks for explaination!

Yes, that is good but this is just only the beginning of the hurricane season. When its over and there is no Katrina II, then we can give a big sigh of relief and celebrate! :cheers:

yep, its that time of the year. I don't have to worry about those because I'm in Indiana. But got family in Myrtle Beach, S.C. so I do worry alot about it when its going on myself. So all we can do is hope and pray for the best and nothing to severe happens

Oceanbreeze said:
*sigh*

It's that time of year again! It looks like S. FL could be dealing with a tropical system in the very near future. I thought we didn't have to worry too much about Tropical Storm Chris, but it's now forecasted to become a hurricane by the weekend. Please keep the Floridians in your thoughts and prayers. Also, anyone along the Eastern seaboard should also have their eye on the storm. Please keep those people in your thoughts as well.

Yup! The "fun" is about start! :roll:

Be safe, everyone! Thank you.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060802...ULPVgGs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

jlfwildkat said:
yep, its that time of the year. I don't have to worry about those because I'm in Indiana. But got family in Myrtle Beach, S.C. so I do worry alot about it when its going on myself. So all we can do is hope and pray for the best and nothing to severe happens

Yup! :thumb:

Thankfully, 'Chris' fizzled, but Dad told me there's another one coming down the pike. Gonna have to see what this has in store for someone. :ugh3:

Oceanbreeze said:
Yup! :thumb:

Thankfully, 'Chris' fizzled, but Dad told me there's another one coming down the pike. Gonna have to see what this has in store for someone. :ugh3:

Yeah well Pennsylvania has been experiencing drought conditions for a while and the hurricane would bring some much needed rain but I don't want to see Florida or the Atlantic seaboard suffer because of a hurricane and I lived in Florida before and loved it there also I have been through a hurricane myself and followed the news closely when Katrina hit and almost veered to the left towards Houston, Texas where I was born. I would live in Miami again probably in the surburbs. :) :thumb:

Heath said:
Yeah well Pennsylvania has been experiencing drought conditions for a while and the hurricane would bring some much needed rain but I don't want to see Florida or the Atlantic seaboard suffer because of a hurricane and I lived in Florida before and loved it there also I have been through a hurricane myself and followed the news closely when Katrina hit and almost veered to the left towards Houston, Texas where I was born. I would live in Miami again probably in the surburbs. :) :thumb:

:roll:

Oceanbreeze said:

What's so :roll: about it ? You don't want a hurricane neither do I and Pennsylvania needs some real good dose of rain. I know that in Miami it rains almost every afternoon. :) :thumb:

yeah ocean i know how you feel
get tired of storms

i am tired of heatwaves myself ugh and i am ready for fall :giggle:

moonflower said:
yeah ocean i know how you feel
get tired of storms

i am tired of heatwaves myself ugh and i am ready for fall :giggle:

We have perpetual summer down here, but as for being tired of storms. I am. But, good news is, I could be moving in the near future. We're ready to leave...

Did this storm strengthen again? I keep track everyday of the storms, and yesterday Chris was weakening as it headed to Santo Domingo. Now, it's becoming stronger again? My prayers are with you OceanBreeze. I hope everything will be alright down your way!!! God bless!!! :hug:

CODAchild said:
Did this storm strengthen again? I keep track everyday of the storms, and yesterday Chris was weakening as it headed to Santo Domingo. Now, it's becoming stronger again? My prayers are with you OceanBreeze. I hope everything will be alright down your way!!! God bless!!! :hug:

Thank you, CODAchild. No. T.S. Chris has died out and won't re-strengthen. However, there are other tropical waves coming off the African coast that bears watching. It seems that as soon as you get rid of one storm there's another right behind it to come and take it's place.

Such is life for those of us in hurricane prone areas.

Back