Toyota Truck built out of boredom...

I think I saw drain plugs, the twin tanks had pressure switches and relays that wired out to the ac compressor clutch. Wild hoppy body? Like Mexican low rider's car can hop higher height or bottom out. My bad English grammar

Just use aluminum scuba tanks or old brass fire extinguishers. No rust.

If you are looking to use an AC pump for this, then connect the inlet port to the air intake system of the engine between the throttle plates and the air filter. This will prevent dirt and debris (we have a silt problem up here) from getting into the pump. If you wish to keep it absent of moisture, then connect it to the vacuum system. The vacuum will pull the moisture out of the air, but it also means the pump works harder and takes longer...

For really quick acting air suspension, use solenoid valves and on the double acting cylinders, one side is being pressurized and the other side is being vented to atmosphere. Instead of venting to atmosphere, vent to the intake vacuum- this will drastically increase the speed of the air cylinders actuation. And to define "drastic" I mean like the difference between an old prop plane and the F22 Raptor level difference of speed. It works this way because the pressure being added to one side of the cylinder is having to not only push the load, but it's also having to push the air out of the other side of the cylinder. By connecting the vent port of the cylinder to manifold vacuum, one side is being pushed while the other side is being pulled.

To add to this, if your compressor is lagging, or the tanks are empty, the engine vacuum will do the job, albeit slightly slower alone without air pressure on the other side. Kinda double redundancy, but hey, whatever works right?

I think I saw drain plugs, the twin tanks had pressure switches and relays that wired out to the ac compressor clutch. Wild hoppy body? Like Mexican low rider's car can hop higher height or bottom out. My bad English grammar

Ah it's calls lowrider and nothing do with your grammar. I understand you perfect clear.

If you are looking to use an AC pump for this, then connect the inlet port to the air intake system of the engine between the throttle plates and the air filter. This will prevent dirt and debris (we have a silt problem up here) from getting into the pump. If you wish to keep it absent of moisture, then connect it to the vacuum system. The vacuum will pull the moisture out of the air, but it also means the pump works harder and takes longer...

For really quick acting air suspension, use solenoid valves and on the double acting cylinders, one side is being pressurized and the other side is being vented to atmosphere. Instead of venting to atmosphere, vent to the intake vacuum- this will drastically increase the speed of the air cylinders actuation. And to define "drastic" I mean like the difference between an old prop plane and the F22 Raptor level difference of speed. It works this way because the pressure being added to one side of the cylinder is having to not only push the load, but it's also having to push the air out of the other side of the cylinder. By connecting the vent port of the cylinder to manifold vacuum, one side is being pushed while the other side is being pulled.

To add to this, if your compressor is lagging, or the tanks are empty, the engine vacuum will do the job, albeit slightly slower alone without air pressure on the other side. Kinda double redundancy, but hey, whatever works right?

Nice idea. I don't understand why all trailer and truck do not use aluminum air tank. I replaced the air tanks like 10 times from semi-truck and trailer due rust. Odd, the fuel tank is only aluminum for semi-truck but steel for air tank. :wtf:

Yeah, I like your story... you cunning to suggest the big cutoff hose from ac compressor to routing to the air duct boot to keep air inlet to compressor clean without harm compressor. I believe the ac compressor's running time to fill twin small tank is take about 30 seconds, electric air compressor take about 5 or more minutes to fill the tank. I guess the small electric air compressor create more moisture.:dunno:

The beauty of using an AC compressor is the electric clutch on the front so it's not always dragging on the engine and it either kicks on when you throw a switch or it has a pressure switch that kicks it on when the pressure is low.

My preference is a pressure switch as well as a manual activation switch. The entire air system cannot operate unless the master switch is on, and even then you'd better put a pop-off style safety release valve in there or you will really have problems and quickly.

Those compressors are pretty quick, but they also heat up fast too, so leaving it running all the time will surely destroy it.

As for electric versus mechanical? I'd have to disagree with your statement that an electric unit would build up more condensation because the source of rotational power means nothing, the source of air means everything.

When I worked construction, we had major problems with ice in the lines of the air systems so we used dessicant cans to pull the water out. Also draining the tanks every day was essential. You would just go open the valve on the bottom and the pressure would blast the water out of the system.

For anyone who wants to do a dual row conversion, get a 22R timing cover made from 1981 to 1983, oil pump and water pump, then mill 0.19 inches off the top where it connects to the cylinder head, and elongate the uppermost two holes. All other mounting holes are perfect and it will be an exact fit after that. If you take to a machine shop, they will charge you about $80 to get this done, and takes about 1 hour for this modification.

Use the oil pump and water pump from 1981-1983 or you will have problems with alignment of the belt pulleys.

For those daring enough, modify the harmonic balancer by making a hollowed out cavity that it filled with 80% 0W20 full synthetic oil and 10% super fine iron shavings. This will provide dynamic balancing to engine RPM to reduce vibration. The solid weight is only good for one rotational speed, and who really knows what RPM that is? So by having a "liquid weight" per se on the end of the crankshaft, it will always adjust to find the new "low spot" and be self balancing.

Same principle applies to balancing a tire. That's why I put golf ball in each tire and they NEVER vibrate like they did with the external weights. There's a whole field of science devoted to this...

Forgot to mention: the tanks I have are 2200 PSI rated medical oxygen aluminum tanks. Same as aluminum scuba tanks. Just in case anyone wanted to know...

Back