To Many Tragedies

LovingLife

Reaction score
In light of all the tragedies happening, I wonder if forgiveness can be a stepping-stone to peace???

It’s important to say the words, ‘I’m sorry,’ and to even say the words, ‘Will you forgive me?’ It’s really important to say these words out loud so the healing can really begin. By verbally asking someone to forgive you, you’re giving them control, and if the person decides to forgive, he or she is really deciding to continue loving you.

Each day brings with it dozens of opportunities to forgive others for small things they have or have not done. Forgiving a friend for a rude comment, misunderstanding, or someone for bumping into you in the hallway may be very different than forgiving someone for murdering a family member, but both actions come from the same root.

There are all these little ways to practice forgiving and forgiveness. If you don’t practice when all these little opportunities arise, when something big happens, it’s going to be really hard.

“Remembering a wrong is like carrying a burden on the mind.” ~Buddha

Why not, reach out to that friend/love one that has wronged you, open the lines of communication so forgiving/forgiveness can be a stepping-stone to peace?

Am in agreement with some of the things you've noted.....However, there are some things in our lives that perhaps can be "forgiven" but definitely not forgotton.....Many things that can happen to someone....takes years and years out of their lives.....Forgiving someone for that is good...but forgetting it, don't believe so....Doesn't matter if it was just a friend or a family member or whoever....I have forgiven a lot...but forgetting is another issue...Trust comes into mind also.....

I'd rather the person that I have forgiven, and told them so...to go on about their lives...and stay out of mine....as some people will repeat and repeat the things that they do.....Sad as it is...but it's the Truth.

If I could live to be a thousand years old I could never forgive whoever maim and killed innocent people on Monday or for anyone that committed a mass killing!

i could forgive aslong as they in solitary confiment for life or hard labour,forgiveness is fine but juctice is devine

In light of all the tragedies happening, I wonder if forgiveness can be a stepping-stone to peace???

It’s important to say the words, ‘I’m sorry,’ and to even say the words, ‘Will you forgive me?’ It’s really important to say these words out loud so the healing can really begin. By verbally asking someone to forgive you, you’re giving them control, and if the person decides to forgive, he or she is really deciding to continue loving you.

Each day brings with it dozens of opportunities to forgive others for small things they have or have not done. Forgiving a friend for a rude comment, misunderstanding, or someone for bumping into you in the hallway may be very different than forgiving someone for murdering a family member, but both actions come from the same root.

There are all these little ways to practice forgiving and forgiveness. If you don’t practice when all these little opportunities arise, when something big happens, it’s going to be really hard.

“Remembering a wrong is like carrying a burden on the mind.” ~Buddha

Why not, reach out to that friend/love one that has wronged you, open the lines of communication so forgiving/forgiveness can be a stepping-stone to peace?

Do you just read a bunch of self help books and then try to tie them in to current events?

You don't seem to have any original thoughts, and everything you write is like some weird copy and paste that doesn't even have any relevance to our forum.

You are like some generic bot, except totally pointless and not even trying to sell us anything or scam us.

Are you a human?

:giggle: I had been resisting saying something about being like a self help book when I saw this thread, ahhh I'm so glad someone said something and it wasn't me hahahahahaha

I try to livr by the " hate the sin , not the sinner " . If you have never ever done something bad to someone else then go right ahead and hate people. I have screwed up often enough to know people are just being human. These recent tradagies are part of life. People like the iraq people had it a lot worse. Over 100k civilians killed because of the occupation. We live a sheltered life in comparsion

I try to livr by the " hate the sin , not the sinner " . If you have never ever done something bad to someone else then go right ahead and hate people. I have screwed up often enough to know people are just being human. These recent tradagies are part of life. People like the iraq people had it a lot worse. Over 100k civilians killed because of the occupation. We live a sheltered life in comparsion

I'm sure knowing how bad the iraq people have it makes the victims feel better.

*shrug*

same shit, different day.

I'm sure knowing how bad the iraq people have it makes the victims feel better.

Yep johnny. Americans feel no guilt at all about the 100k plus dead in iraq and the afhga kiddies and civilans who were bombed by mistake by the american drones. Gotta love it when perspective ignores another countrys loses

Yep johnny. Americans feel no guilt at all about the 100k plus dead in iraq and the afhga kiddies and civilans who were bombed by mistake by the american drones. Gotta love it when perspective ignores another countrys loses

Is this just a sick was to try and get people to listen to you political agenda? What does living a "sheltered life" have to do with the suffering of the vicims we're talking about now. Do you not think it is as real as everyone elses?

And i don't know what you want me too feel guilty about, i've never voted for anyone who got into office. My heart does go out to all people who suffer.

Is this just a sick was to try and get people to listen to you political agenda? What does living a "sheltered life" have to do with the suffering of the vicims we're talking about now. Do you not think it is as real as everyone elses?

And i don't know what you want me too feel guilty about, i've never voted for anyone who got into office. My heart does go out to all people who suffer.

The purpose of my posting was to show the OP that the tradagies that occured. Recently are not the end of the world as we. Now it or the start of dark and evil times. Also not a political statement. Facts of 100k. Plus citizens dying in asia and 60k plus. In mexico due to the americans greed is one reason we do get attacked like this.
Its life, keep your eyes closed to the rest of the world and you don't have perspective

It is the end of the world for some people. You keep down playing it. Yes it happens all over the world and it sucks then too. Perspective has nothing to do with their pain.

No, it can't. Those responsible for the shooting sprees and stabbings were mentally ill and you can't reason with the mentally ill. Terrorists don't want your forgiveness. Even you became a Muslim of their radical branch, they'd still hate you and want to destroy you. Evil people don't extend compasion and understanding. That's not their mission...just to destroy the world's democratic governments. This is the one constant that has never changed.

Laura

Heck, you would stay at home in Florida and get swallowed by sinkhole!!

You would live on Southside of Chicago and have stray bullets go through your living window killing you while you're sleeping.

I don't know if media reports on every shootings in Chicago because it's 1 too many. Just part of life out there. Pretty sad!!!

Do you just read a bunch of self help books and then try to tie them in to current events?

You don't seem to have any original thoughts, and everything you write is like some weird copy and paste that doesn't even have any relevance to our forum.

You are like some generic bot, except totally pointless and not even trying to sell us anything or scam us.

Are you a human?

you said what i could not find words to say.

Did you forget that the Chicago has the most strictest gun control in the united states for the last 35 years? That is what happens after tight gun control takes place.

Soon NYS will see criminal activity going up. Unless court shot down NYS new gun control law.

You would live on Southside of Chicago and have stray bullets go through your living window killing you while you're sleeping.

I don't know if media reports on every shootings in Chicago because it's 1 too many. Just part of life out there. Pretty sad!!!

Did you forget that the Chicago has the most strictest gun control in the united states for the last 35 years? That is what happens after tight gun control takes place.

Soon NYS will see criminal activity going up. Unless court shot down NYS new gun control law.

Yes, I'm aware of strict gun laws. They do nothing for those outlaws. THey don't listen to laws. They laugh at the laws. Make laws all you want. It won't stop them.

Back