Tips for newbie.. (:

Hannah louise

Reaction score
Helloo...
I haven't a clue of how this works but looks gas craic! Anyways, if anyone could give me tips on on the whole thing (from the general chat to how to view your own page etc.) would be top notch. And no, I'm not english or "engerlish" as some people here in Ireland say, i don't no why. Anyway, cheers and merci alot and slan! :)

How big is Roscommon? Suddenly the source of a big influx>

Hello Hannah :). Can you interpret "gas craic" for me - no idea what that means.

Thanks guys!
Oh sorry, gas (there should a fada should be over the a) craic means really fun- it's a pretty common wording here. There's loads of phrases what we Irish use for an example "yeah bogger, yah",
"or y'eejit" or "g'man". And roscommon is pretty small county but it only takes about 2 hrs or so to get to the capital, dublin. But, because roscommon is in the west of ireland it is famous for de culchies! (country/ bogger ppl.) however we don't like drink as much others from other countries think so but we like the guiness!

Thanks guys!
Oh sorry, gas (there should a fada should be over the a) craic means really fun- it's a pretty common wording here. There's loads of phrases what we Irish use for an example "yeah bogger, yah",
"or y'eejit" or "g'man". And roscommon is pretty small county but it only takes about 2 hrs or so to get to the capital, dublin. But, because roscommon is in the west of ireland it is famous for de culchies! (country/ bogger ppl.) however we don't like drink as much others from other countries think so but we like the guiness!

I didn't understand much, but welcome to All Deaf! :D

I think it's fascinating how English can be so different in different parts of the world. I think I understood her message.

Welcome to AD Hannah Louise! :wave:

When I went to London, I had to have a man on a tour repeat this phrase to me three times before I understood him:

"Speak good English, do ya?"

I'm sure it's his standard phrase for Americans, LOL!

It's just comical (and very sad) that people equate language with IQ and when that language is similar but different they (we) get looked down on for it. Sometimes I feel like I get more respect in foreign countries than I do here at home. Why is that?

maybe this should have been in the RANT thread??? Sorry OP for hijacking your thread! :Oops:

The OP might as well learn now that threads here go ALL over the board!

The OP might as well learn now that threads here go ALL over the board!

Unless the OP comes back in here and cattle herds us all back in line with the topic at hand. (he he he I just love this visual!)

Ha! But she'll quickly find out that we're very willful "cattle". And here on AD we can be hard of "herding"!

(Sorry all, a little audie humor!)

Back