Thou shalt not suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreedummyRing

Reaction score
Did it say in the Bible that we shall not commit suicide?

Jesus didn't do anything to save himself. He didn't give proof
to Herod or Pilate that he is God's son. Didn't do any miracle work for them
to see proof. He allowed them to crucify him. He died for us?

Yup, because the event was pre-ordained but I'll leave it up to those with more of the gift of discernment than I.

He already planned it a long, long, long time ago and, even before Adam was created. That was His Story for all of us. He wanted us to know about His Love. He already DID show His Love for ALL of us by crucifyin' on the cross. His Love is the GREATEST of all.

CyberRed said:
He already planned it a long, long, long time ago and, even before Adam was created. That was His Story for all of us. He wanted us to know about His Love. He already DID show His Love for ALL of us by crucifyin' on the cross. His Love is the GREATEST of all.

Amen!

Its not a suicidal. Its a sacrifice. He left and gave up His Glory to come here to be born thru virgin Mary. Why? To die. Why? To save us. From what? The wrath of God, bec of our sins. Its been planned for long long time, since the fall of Adam plague upon all of us, its like black death. And sacrifice must be made for atonement. Till Jesus came to die as a perfect Sacrificial Lamb to pay our sin debt in full by His sinless Blood, we be sanctified and so we can have peace with God to those who come to Him. Jesus isn't dead, He arose. He's now in the right hand of the Father and now grace falls on anyone who come to Him, with the Holy Spirit. "Whosoever call upon the Lord shall be saved." What happen to Jesus on the cross is not a suicidal, its a sacrifice.

hottiedeafboi said:
Its not a suicidal. Its a sacrifice. ..
Yes, that's the way I see it, too.

Example:

Suppose a person sees a child crossing the street in front of a speeding car. That person jumps in front of the car and pushes the child to safety. The car kills that person. The child lives.

That was a sacrifice to save the life of someone else. That was not a suicide for self.

Reba said:

Example:

Suppose a person sees a child crossing the street in front of a speeding car. That person jumps in front of the car and pushes the child to safety. The car kills that person. The child lives.

That was a sacrifice to save the life of someone else. That was not a suicide for self.
Excellent example, superb, Reba!!!

That's Very Good Example ! Thanks Reba and Hottiedeafboi !!
:thumb:

Reba said:

Example:

Y said:
That's Very Good Example ! Thanks Reba and Hottiedeafboi !!
:thumb:
Anytime!!! Big smile HE LIVES HE LIVES CHRIST JESUS LIVES TODAY, HE WALKS WITH ME AND TALK WITH ME ALONG LIFES NARROW WAY, HE LIVES HE LIVES, SALVATION TO IMPART, YOU ASK ME HOW I KNOW HE lives He LIIIIIVVVEES WITHIN MY HEEEAAAAARRRT!!!! Amen!!!!

Suicide is considering to be too dangerous and bad idea to kill yourself for our lives. GOD does not pleasant with anyone who commits suiciding that is too sinful!

The act of suicide itself isn't any worse than any other intentional murder... The issue is that with another killing, you could in principle repent and be forgiven if your repentance was sincere. With suicide, you're dead, so that option isn't available to you.

Jesus didn't commit suicide because he probably didn't think he had a way out of the bind that he was in anyway.

He was executed, he didn't commit suicide.

We wouldn't have had a chance to be saved unless jesus had been crucified, so I wouldn't call it suicide, but paying the ultimate ransom.

For people to commit suicide I would say would be wrong because it would still be murder, and only god and jesus have the right to end peoples lives... you had no choice to be born, and you should have no choice to die (IMO)

1 John 3:16

" Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. "

Romans 5:8

" But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. "

Ephesians 5:2

" And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. "

Self-sacrifice is not considered suicide by a great many people. Another 'exception' some people would make is for hastening of dying - that is, if you're dying, not waiting around for a slow and painful death. Is that also morally acceptable (I think it is, but I'm asking for others' opinions)?

ismi said:
Self-sacrifice is not considered suicide by a great many people. Another 'exception' some people would make is for hastening of dying - that is, if you're dying, not waiting around for a slow and painful death. Is that also morally acceptable (I think it is, but I'm asking for others' opinions)?

Euthanasia is OK in my book...

I am against suicide. I also do not agree with Dr. K whoever his name was, it is a long name but I know his name is Dr, K and he liked to do euthansia and Dr. K said he would not recommend euthansia on himself !!!!! It does not matter euthansia or not. Suicide is not right or fair to their family and friends. There is always help available for people who are considering suicide. Suicide is not the answer. Jesus Christ is the answer. Jesus Christ is about life and living a happy life again.

Something to think about...

Just to give people something to think about here...

Do you consider euthanasia the same as, or different from, suicide.

Why or why not?

JohnnyE said:
I am against suicide. I also do not agree with Dr. K whoever his name was, it is a long name but I know his name is Dr, K and he liked to do euthansia and Dr. K said he would not recommend euthansia on himself !!!!! It does not matter euthansia or not. Suicide is not right or fair to their family and friends. There is always help available for people who are considering suicide. Suicide is not the answer. Jesus Christ is the answer. Jesus Christ is about life and living a happy life again.
Amen! I planned say this but you beat me LOL! Jesus Christ is the most important things in your life. How wonderful! Jesus is VERY SPECIAL for us than anything else in this world! :angel: :angel: :angel: Don't need suicide it waste your life and devil won soul.... explain: Judas who betrayed to Jesus. Judas embarrassed and suicided himself. how sad!!! World stared at Judas with a bad label!
If you are having a trouble in your life and keep your chin up to the Lord! Here is one good verses...

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Bible say KJV

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back