this is my cousin band...

dj

Reaction score
jason castillo is my cousin and he the lead singer of his band, and he lives right next to me funny aint it. :stupid:

if u cant see the pix means it didnt work sorry im kind of learning still

Attachments

• shootsm2.jpg
    shootsm2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 37
  • shootsm4.jpg
    shootsm4.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 32
  • shootsm7.jpg
    shootsm7.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 28
HELL YEAHHH!!! I DID MET THEM THAT YOUR COUSIN NERIGHTBOR LIVE WITH U.. LOL.. U RE SILLY! LET ME TO KNOW WHEN THEY BAND A PLACE LET ME TO KNOW.. OK.... :thumb:

Cool, my cousin is in a rock band too

Finpop.net said:
When and how was your band created?
Me and Lasse, old friends from our hometown Pori started writing songs together in our new location Tampere in the fall of 1999. Later we were joined by bassist Kimmo and drummer Henkka, both also from Pori. In the summer of 2001 Henkka seemed to run out of time from playing and so we found Antti to replace him. (Antti is my cousin)

Where is the name of the band coming from?
The name Futone comes from the word futon, which is a Japanese sofa. Kimmo discovered the name, I guess it sounded mystical enough for us...

What musicians or artists did have a major influence in your life / work?
For me there's this one and only group, which I prefer to be the best rock band in the world. R.E.M. really changed my life in many ways and their influence can be heard also in my music. But of course there are many other important influences too. It's impossible to name them all, but let's say that at least Coldplay, U2 and The Jayhawks are very close to our hearts.

What are the positive and negative aspects of being a musician in Finland?
Well, it's quite hard to get a record deal round here and it's almost impossible to earn one's living by making music. But I'm glad there are quite many new indie labels rising in Finland. We have a good start for the new Finnish underground scene.

How could you qualify your style of music?
It's melancholic, passionate and heartfelt. Melodies play an important role in our music. It's some kind of folk-based poprock with a quite big and wide sound.

During the years how has your musical style evolved?
At first our music was more post-grunge -oriented, which I'm a bit ashamed, but later we found our own style between melodic indie rock and folk pop.

How do explain these changes?
It's hard to explain. I guess the music I was listening influenced me to write new kinds of songs in new kind of style.

What are stories/topics you tell/treat in your songs?
Love and loss, mostly. I don't want to get for example politics involved in my music. Still I'm glad, that some great bands do express their opinion. In this shitty world it's significant, no doubt about that. But it's not my thing to do, I think.

Have you ever considered the possibilty to change totally your style of music? If so, what style of music would you choose?
I have not considered that, but it would be nice to make experiments with more electronic stuff. I'm also fascinated by the thought of doing some simple acoustic singer/songwriter kind of music in the future.

manboy.jpg

Antti is the blonde guy in right.

According to Finpop, it appears that my cousin is in a new band. He used to be in the band called "manboy" but now he is in "futone"... here is the interview made by the same website--

Another interview by Finpop said:
When and how was your band created ?
as manboy the band started in 1998. we had known eachother for years and played together for a few times.

What musicians or artists did have a major influence in your life / work ?
all sorts of music have ofcourse influenced our writing and working. we all have listened to so many different styles of music that it would be basically imbossible to point out just one artist or music style. to mention some: pink floyd, radiohead, the cure...

What are the positive and negative aspects of being a musician / singer (in Finland) ?
well.. positive aspects are yet to come. the main problem is the money, the market is small so naturally the incomes are rather small. and then there is always the fact that the style of music that we represent is not the most popular in finland. hope to release stuff and tour abroad as soon as possible.

How could you qualify your style of music ?
british rock. but it´s very hard to try to describe your own music. for us it`s just music, nothing more.

Have you ever considered the possibilty to change totally your style of music ? If so, what style of music would you choose ?
we don´t think about these things really. we just wright music we like, without the boundry of genres.

What are stories/topics you tell/treat in your songs ?
there are no spesific themes or topics that we always wright about. basically the lyrics are just the feelings and thoughts of the wrighter.

What is your favorite song in your repertoire and why ?
we already have so many unreleased songs that the songs of the first album are pretty much forgotten at this point. no one has even heard our new favorite songs yet.

Do you tour regularly ? Do you actually prefer performing your music live or in a studio?
no. we only tour when nesessary. usually after the release of an album. we enjoy both studio and live situations, though they both have their compromises.

During the process of making an album, what is the moment that you prefer ? Why ?
well.. the basic recording phase is usually pretty tiring and demands a lot of consentration. everything after that is great. that´s when you really get to be creative in a totally different way than for example during the rehearsal and writing process.

What kind of music / What artists do you currently listen ?
lali puna, sparklehorse, mum, interpol, sigur ros, velvet underground, mogwai.. stuff like that. post rock, you might say.

What are your actual and future projects ?
we are writing and recording for the next album. that takes all our resources at the moment.

A stupid question but... what is among all the songs you've been listening in your life the BEST song ? Why ?
completly impossible to answer.

Internet is something interesting for musicians because it gives them the opportunity to touch a larger audience but it is also a threat for them (regarding the copyrights). What is your opinion regarding this medium ?
this hasn´t actually touched us and so we don´t have a strong opinion about
this. like you say it has its good and bad sides.

Do you use computers or home studios during the process of making an album or a song ?
well, lately yes. we just got our own recording devices. they will be a huge
help durind the making of future demos and maby even albums. like they said:
ok computer.

Interview by Vincent Lefrançois - 2002

He lives in Finland, so it is not like he lives across my street. :lol: The funny thing is this when I was young and visiting Finland and met Anitta for a first time, i recollected seeing him playing his guitar. When his siter Tiina asked me to make up a name sign for her and Anitta, I gave Tiina a "T" on shoulder while two manual"A" in gesture of picking an guitar. And now Anitta is actually in a rock band, palying the guitar.
I am more close to his sister Tiina out of all nine cousins in Finland due to the age. I am sort of smack in middle of the age range from 30years old to 8 years old. No cousin falls wihtin five years older or younger than me. Tiina is currently 26 whereas I am 19yrs old so I bonded with her when we were younger because I was the only other cousin that she can play without being called "immature".

I have attached a recent picture when my mother went to Finland with my niece last summer where there was a family birthday party for my uncle... where Antti was at which will account as the evidence that this Antti is very the same Antti mentioned! Here he is with Tiina.

Attachments

• CuzTiinayAntti.jpg
    CuzTiinayAntti.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 15
dj said:
jason castillo is my cousin and he the lead singer of his band, and he lives right next to me funny aint it. :stupid:

if u cant see the pix means it didnt work sorry im kind of learning still

what name is his band?? :D

DragonPyro21 said:
HELL YEAHHH!!! I DID MET THEM THAT YOUR COUSIN NERIGHTBOR LIVE WITH U.. LOL.. U RE SILLY! LET ME TO KNOW WHEN THEY BAND A PLACE LET ME TO KNOW.. OK.... :thumb:

the next time they play is in san diego dude...but i will go to the one in san fransico maybe u cld come with me ill try to ask my cousin :gives:

dj said:
the next time they play is in san diego dude...but i will go to the one in san fransico maybe u cld come with me ill try to ask my cousin :gives:

San Diego?? cool, that is where I am living. Lemme guess where he will play-- in Pacific Beach? Lemme know if there is a flyer or whatnot so I can come and check it out

Back