This is making me so angry! ASD former teacher molested a minor right in her own home

Apologies. I'll rephrase that. Why are some who have spoken out very strongly and advocated severe punishment for others accused of sexual molestation of children giving this woman a break?

Nobody is giving this woman a break, We do not know what exactly Julie have done, so we are just waiting until we know more, that's all.

Nobody is giving this woman a break, We do not know what exactly Julie have done, so we are just waiting until we know more, that's all.

My point is, I have seen people be very quick to judge when they didn't have all the facts in other cases. There have been reports that did not give all the facts of cases of child abuse reported on these thread before, and no one said, "Well, we need to wait and see." Why now with this woman? Especially given that it has been reported that there is sufficient evidence to prove the case?

We can only hope that the judicial system doesn't fail this time.

I have a question though...I have seen many members post about the horrors of child sexual abuse. I've seen members post suggestions for everything from castration to the death penalty for a person accused, but not yet convicted, of child sexual abuse. Why is everyone giving this woman a break? The investigation into the allegations took a full 7 months to complete. After that long of an investigation, they obviously had enough evidence against her to get an arrest warrant based on that evidence. The school even put her on leave until the investigation turned up evidence of her actions, then they fired her. Unless there was solid evidence, they would not have fired her because they could have been liable for a lawsuit for firing without due cause.

There is quite a bit of evidence, obviously, against this woman...more than just an accusation made by a student or a parent. There is evidence to back up the accusation, or they would not have been able to obtain an arrest warrant. So why all the wait and see attitude when in many other threads, people have called for those who sexually abuse children to be strung up and drug through the streets?

My point is, I have seen people be very quick to judge when they didn't have all the facts in other cases. There have been reports that did not give all the facts of cases of child abuse reported on these thread before, and no one said, "Well, we need to wait and see." Why now with this woman? Especially given that it has been reported that there is sufficient evidence to prove the case?

Maybe because she is deaf? :dunno2:

I don't believe it has to do with her deafness.

There are many possible reasons for 7 months worth of investigations. Interviews take time to collect the evidences. Checking through 3k text messages to sort them out such as from the person to other person, so forth. The victim may be very reluctant to answer the questions or possible gave the mixed story. Perhaps recant some or not, who knows?

Another reason which is very common in justice, the prosecutors would check on the police reports, interviews, etc and don't find enough evidence, they would tell the police or detectives to go back and re-interview, etc. to gather more evidence before moving forward with the charges. The prosecutors usually ask the judges for arrest warrant to be signed which may be for the reason for the delay.

I don't believe it has to do with her deafness.

There are many possible reasons for 7 months worth of investigations. Interviews take time to collect the evidences. Checking through 3k text messages to sort them out such as from the person to other person, so forth. The victim may be very reluctant to answer the questions or possible gave the mixed story. Perhaps recant some or not, who knows?

Another reason which is very common in justice, the prosecutors would check on the police reports, interviews, etc and don't find enough evidence, they would tell the police or detectives to go back and re-interview, etc. to gather more evidence before moving forward with the charges. The prosecutors usually ask the judges for arrest warrant to be signed which may be for the reason for the delay.

All the above is true. But my question was regarding the attitudes of various members of AD in regard to this specific case, and how thier attitude toward her being accused of sexually molesting a child differs from their attitudes toward others that have been reported.

All the above is true. But my question was regarding the attitudes of various members of AD in regard to this specific case, and how thier attitude toward her being accused of sexually molesting a child differs from their attitudes toward others that have been reported.

Yes, exactly. They need to understand that has nothing to do with deafness and whatnot. They need to realize that every person, deaf or hearing is human being. All the same if they commit the crimes, therefore they should receive the equal treatment from the justice, police, etc. No special treatment, period.

Yes, exactly. They need to understand that has nothing to do with deafness and whatnot. They need to realize that every person, deaf or hearing is human being. All the same if they commit the crimes, therefore they should receive the equal treatment from the justice, police, etc. No special treatment, period.

**nodding agreement**

Three explicit text message between a 27 year old adult in a position of authority over children and a 15 year old is still 3 too many. It doesn't matter if they were texting about sexual activity or engaging in sexual activity. Her actions are still innappropriate.
Oh I agree totally. However, at least this was kind of mild. Meaning it wasn't between a 40 or fifty something and someone who was ten or eleven. It wasn't child molestation in other words. I don't condone something like this at ALL. Teens do not have the greatest judgement when it comes to relationships, especially not intergenerational realtionships.
The perp is a predator........I really do think that she was prolly trying to raise her self esteem by trying to get a younger man. I'm sorry, but I'm developmentally delayed (young for my age ala Asperger's/learning disabilty) and I find something like this sick!

Mild or not, the teachers are NOT supposed to text message with the students. It's a big FAT NO-NO! It's not professional to contact any students in any kind of emails, letters, text messages, etc. Regardless whether they're explicit or not, they're not doing the right thing. It doesn't matter the number of messages to be sent...no matter how big or small it is, IT IS STILL NO-NO! Only the teachers want to communicate with is their parents and staff, that's that.

Mild or not, the teachers are NOT supposed to text message with the students. It's a big FAT NO-NO! It's not professional to contact any students in any kind of emails, letters, text messages, etc. Regardless whether they're explicit or not, they're not doing the right thing. It doesn't matter the number of messages to be sent...no matter how big or small it is, IT IS STILL NO-NO! Only the teachers want to communicate with is their parents and staff, that's that.

Totally agree with that. If I got caught texting or emailing a student at it home my god they will come down very hard on me as it is pushing past the professional boundary of my ethics. Most of the time I contact the parents if there an urgent need. It just not worth the risks losing a great job that I enjoy doing.

Totally agree with that. If I got caught texting or emailing a student at it home my god they will come down very hard on me as it is pushing past the professional boundary of my ethics. Most of the time I contact the parents if there an urgent need. It just not worth the risks losing a great job that I enjoy doing.

I agree...it is a big no-no!

Maybe because she is deaf? :dunno2:

It has nothing to do with her being deaf, I still don't have enough information on what had really happened between the two of them until the court then we will know more. I'm not going to jump ahead when I don't have a clue what's going on yet. I've said that three times and I do not know why in the world someone got a problem with what I've said?

It has nothing to do with her being deaf, I still don't have enough information on what had really happened between the two of them until the court then we will know more. I'm not going to jump ahead when I don't have a clue what's going on yet. I've said that three times and I do not know why in the world someone got a problem with what I've said?

Maybe because we tend to be a little more forgiving towards members of our community than 'outsiders' ? :dunno2:

I definitely agree, my sons' teachers send me text msg or emails once in awhile regarding to my children's education or meeting etc since I'm unable to hear the phone.

But the student is deaf too am I correct?

Yes, the student is deaf, too, and only 15 years old. The age is the issue,as well as the impropriety of a sexual relationship between teacher and student.

Yes, the student is deaf, too, and only 15 years old. The age is the issue,as well as the impropriety of a sexual relationship between teacher and student.

Then why would you think we would give this woman a break just because she's deaf and not the boy who is also deaf?

Instead of making assumptions based on why we are giving this woman a break why can't you see where some of us are coming from?

Then why would you think we would give this woman a break just because she's deaf and not the boy who is also deaf?

Instead of making assumptions based on why we are giving this woman a break why can't you see where some of us are coming from?

The boy isn't charged with criminal activity. Nothing to give him a break on.

I do see where you are coming from. I'm just saying it is inconsistent.

Nor did I say you gave her a break because she was deaf. I just asked for an explanation regarding the inconsistency in attitudes toward the crime this woman was arrested for, and any other child molester.

jillo, I wouldn't nesscessarly call this a child molester case. She is a sex offender obviously. I do not condone this at ALL. BUT there's a huge difference between this type of sex offense and child molestation.
Yes, most if not all teens don't have the social smarts to handle this type of realtionship. However, there is a diffy between an adult sexually taking advantage of a teen, and classic child molestation......

Back