There's something rotten in the state of Denmark (girl I met online)

Naim

Reaction score
A month ago she was all lovey dovey online. She sent me a few pictures of her even though they were 8 years old. I didn't mind because she said she looks pretty much the same as in the pictures -- skinny, innocent looking with a nice smile on her face. She was eager to meet me so I made plans to fly over.

So I just got back home from seeing her. Let me tell you she was totally different than what I expected. Instead of looking skinny like in the picture, she was pudgy. Instead of innocent looking she was gangsta. Instead of a nice smile she had one tooth half missing. She blew me away!

I don't mean to sound mean but I don't think I deserved to be lied to. She could have told me the truth in the beginning you know. It's too much for me now that I think about her, and she plans to come visit me next month.

I don't want to diss her and break her heart. What should I do?

well, u have tell her truth how ur feeling cuz of she didnt tell u the truth first place, u dont be gulity or hurt her feeling cuz of she lied to u first place and show u the different picture.. u know what i mean??? so good lucky!

Maybe she had her reasons and never meant to lie about how she looks....

Some people easy turned off once they see how this person looks like from the outside and never met that person personally..I think she did this because she wanted you to see who she is inside, her personality, not the outside of her ....I don't believe she did this on purpose but she only did this because she really like you and wanted you to see for who she is as a person...

I don't understand some people, why looks are soo important and not personality?....its a big turned off to me....

I really don't know what to tell you because this is something personal about this other person and if this girl had came into this site, how would she feel when she read this?..

*Sigh*...

^Angel^ said:
Maybe she had her reasons and never meant to lie about how she looks....

Some people easy turned off once they see how this person looks like from the outside and never met that person personally..I think she did this because she wanted you to see who she is inside, her personality, not the outside of her ....I don't believe she did this on purpose but she only did this because she really like you and wanted you to see for who she is as a person...

I don't understand some people, why looks are soo important and not personality?....its a big turned off to me....

I really don't know what to tell you because this is something personal about this other person and if this girl had came into this site, how would she feel when she read this?..

*Sigh*...
how true... wait and see what happen

Any relationships that starts with dishonesty is NOT worth pursuing! Tell her how you feel and, also, like ^angel^ says, get that girl's side of the story. See what'll happen!

thats why everyone say online relationships suck balls... :roll:

258 - maybe she was afraid of showing you an updated picture of her = wanted to meet you first in person so you could see her personality, not her looks. :dunno:
I once met a man online and he said and claimed he was a good looking guy...we met in person and he wasn't -- just a plain Joe...but his personality was terrific.

Deaf258 said:
Any relationships that starts with dishonesty is NOT worth pursuing! Tell her how you feel...
:werd: I'll keep it real and tell her all along I had a Tyra Banks in mind until I met her and she turned out to be Omarosa Manigault, only fatter. :shock:

Psych. I'll just tell her the truth, nothing but the truth. ;)

Last edited:
Ive met heaps of people thru' the Internet... BUT only one thing is that, I would NOT meet those people unless they show me what they look like in a person - a real person like "NOW", not any pictures that they were little.

Niam, I think you give in too easily ova the pictures the girl showed to you earlier. You shouldnt really fly over Denmark because of the picture you saw... Well that's what I think.

sharlie

me think you moved so fast....

i met my current partner via the internet..

we spoken online everyday for 3 months, via webcam...

we talked, laughed and got to know eachother better...

i SAW what i like before i flew over..

we are still together 2 years on :)

I agree with futurika here,

I met Roadrunner on line and chat with him on msn/aims/yahoo/webcam and been doing that for 7 months before I actually met him in person....

been together for 2 years now, and live together too

Back