theres no music category on all deaf....

I used to like opera which has a high sounds and I read the open captions on the divas and tenors so that I can understand what they are saying. Right now, I don't care much for music and my husband who is hearing like to hear music like country music and I can not make head and tail on the sounds of country music and it is allllllll noisy. :ugh: I don't care for music anymore except for the Powwow Drums and Handheld drums. They are loud and just rhythm with the same beat like heart beat. Music don't really belong to the Deaf Culture anyway, so there. :nana:

I'm a heavy metal/hard rock listener here. Rob Zombie, Rammstein, Godsmack...so going on.

I LOVE listening to music. I like to listen to a mixture of music like the 70's and 80's music, classic rock, some heavy metal, classical music and the new age instrumental music by a German band Cusco. :)

I love music through I am deeply deaf. I don't care what song is, I just enjoy to listen each song :D:D

la la la :wiggle:

I'm listening to music this one, never heard of this one.

Click youtube music video (kinda odd but interesting):
YouTube - filter "take a picture"

Awake on my airplane
Awake on my airplane
My skin is bare
My skin is theirs
Awake on my airplane
Awake on my airplane
My skin is bare
My skin is theirs

I feel like new-born
And I feel like a new-born
Awake on my airplane
Awake on my airplane
I feel so real

Could you wanna take my picture
Cuz I won't remember
Cuz I won't remember - yeah

I don't believe in
I don't believe in your sanctity; or privacy
I don't believe in
I don't believe in sanctity or hypocrisy
Can everyone agree that no one should be left alone
Can everyone agree that they should not be left alone
And I feel like a new-born
And I feel like a new-born (kicking and screaming)

Could you take my picture
Cuz I won't remember
Could you take my picture

Hey dad what do you think about your son now?
Hey dad what do you think about your son now?

Cuz I won't remember
Cuz I won't remember
Cuz I won't remember
Cuz I won't remember
Cuz I won't remember

I'm deaf since birth, severe to profound hearing loss and I listen to music.

Mostly rock, with a smattering of other genres. If I tire of those, I switch to classical/opera since there isn't much (if any) speaking/singing and even then, the vocals are just another "instrument" that goes well with the orchestra.

Favorite opera: Don Giovanni, most especially Act 2 Scene 15.
Favorite non-classical/opera song: "You don't know how it feels" - Tom Petty. Good beat/rhythm, clear vocals that make it easy to follow.

same here! i'm deaf since birth with a severe-profound loss (85-90 dB) and i've always listened to music. i think me being deaf and be able to hear with hearing aids, really makes me appreciate music :) Im so grateful for it.
i love rock, classic rock, electronica, electro-rock, and when i want something more low-key, i'll listen to jazz.
Not so much classical music, altho lately ive been listening to a lil bit of it and i find it really enjoyable.

I'm profoundly deaf, but with wearing my HAs I can certainly hear music. I may not understand the lyrics, but once I've got them in hand and memorize them, I can follow right along. So music is a HUGE part of my life.
We could certainly use a music sub-forum for us to post our music likes and videos ... Mods, how about it? :D

Alleycat - another thing we have in common, lol. music is a huge part of my life too. And yeah i have to read the lyrics before i listen to the song.

I'm profoundly deaf and music has always played a large part in my life. My family is very much into music.

I enjoy rock, metal, pop and indie.

Back