The sims 2 laptop friendly??

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
i'm deciding wether i should get the Sims 2- Laptop friendly game. But I heard that the sims 2 laptop friendly games were only the Sims 2 stories aka: Life stories, Pets, and Apartment. But I wonder if my laptop:: Dell Inspiron 8000 would be able to play the Base game of the sims 2. I looked online on target.com and walmart.com and they look like they're on sale right now for 19 dollars. I always thought they were more than that to pay for. at least 30 bucks. Thats how much I had to pay for.

So, AD members...If you have played the Sims 2 Stories--laptop friendly, Would you recommend it? Or can you tell me more information about it?? Because I'm having my doubts about the sims 2 stories--laptop friendly. I think i might rather play on the base game but I also heard that it takes up alot of space on the harddrive on your laptop. Which is true because I already know that. Because I have played the sims 2 on my desktop computer. And noticed that the sims 2 have alot of stuff on it which causes the hard-drive to take up so much space. SO...
what would you think about the sims 2 laptop friendly??

I need opinions!!!!!!!!!!!

:ty:

oh yeah also forgot to add that the sims 2 laptop friendly games are also played in free mode or in story mode..which is kind of weird...but they're also 19 bucks..

You need check their requirement system.

It require Windows XP or Vista to run this game.

Processor: 1.4 GHz (1.8 GHz laptop) or faster
Display Card: One of these chipsets: ATI Radeon 7500 or better; Mobility 7500, 8500, 9000 series; Mobility M7, x20 /
Memory: 256MB
Free Disk Space: 2.7GB
Operating System: Windows XP

YouGamers - The Sims: Life Stories System Requirements

I looked at my computer, on the bottom of my computer has a bunch of stickers of information about this laptop. It says it has Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition. I could be wrong but I doubt it haha.

I looked at my computer, on the bottom of my computer has a bunch of stickers of information about this laptop. It says it has Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition. I could be wrong but I doubt it haha.

What kind of OS are you running now, look at screen?

Ubuntu
ubuntu.jpg

Windows XP
xp_n_03.jpg

Windows ME (Millennium) Editon
winme_rtm_0001.gif

The Sims 2 (all life stories) require XP.

The Sims require 95, 98, ME or XP

then you can't run The Sims or The Sims 2 on ubuntu.

They require Windows OS to run.

Most of the PC-based video games are focused with the Windows OS, unfortunately.

heh, yeah no kidding...

yay you're back!!!:giggle:

You can run The Sims under Wine or Cedega.

Your laptop don't have enough horsepower to play The Sims 2, also you have Pentium 3 and outdated graphic and doesn't meet to minimum requirement system.

The Sims will be only better to run.

You can run The Sims under Wine or Cedega.

Your laptop don't have enough horsepower to play The Sims 2, also you have Pentium 3 and outdated graphic and doesn't meet to minimum requirement system.

The Sims will be only better to run.

what's Wine and Cedega?? I've never heard of that before.

what's Wine and Cedega?? I've never heard of that before.

It's like a "fake" M$ Windows (it use Win32) under Linux that allow run some games. I've tried that and only few works. It is kinda funky sometime. I tried to install Myst3 games and it won't just install. Wines is pretty funky and I just downloaded Cedegna and installed successfully. Cedegna is a "modified" Wines which can play better games. It included SIM 2 game on list that you can install an play. I tried to install games like Lego Soccer Mania and EVO 4x4 game on it and it won't just install.

Here's website of Wines HQ and Cedegna. Cedegna is not free, require payment of $5 a month for fequent updates and supports. While Wines is free and you have to play around it's settings.

WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD and Mac OS X

Info about Wines

WineHQ - Wine Features

Cedegna website

TransGaming Inc.

info about cedegna

TransGaming Inc.

Since that you are using Ubuntu, you can download and install with ".deb" package which is easier to install without hassle.

Catty

Back