The Power of Sign Language

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
don't mind the vulgar title but witness the power of sign language

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbuUu-Y3s_s]YouTube - Fuck You ASL version (sign language)[/ame]

Much better than the original. Sometimes we speechists understimate the power of sign language - faster, better, more expressive.

I've been in a restaurant when the next table (20+) were signing. Boy did the ribaldry flow fast and furious, :)

That was too funny! And I've just learned a few new signs that may come in useful one of these days :) . Watching ASL renditions of Beatles songs with the baby on my lap was my first ASL lesson -- loved it.

We were playing the video of this song last week (which is just wonderful), radio version of course (language censored) given the presence of a 4YO, dancing around, and the little one walked over to the computer, watched for a bit and said, very excitedly, "mama, you are wrong -- he's not singing 'forget you' (which we were doing). He said a bad word. He said ...." I sometimes forget that she has the power of ASL AND the power of speechreading.

That was too funny! And I've just learned a few new signs that may come in useful one of these days :) . Watching ASL renditions of Beatles songs with the baby on my lap was my first ASL lesson -- loved it.

We were playing the video of this song last week (which is just wonderful), radio version of course (language censored) given the presence of a 4YO, dancing around, and the little one walked over to the computer, watched for a bit and said, very excitedly, "mama, you are wrong -- he's not singing 'forget you' (which we were doing). He said a bad word. He said ...." I sometimes forget that she has the power of ASL AND the power of speechreading.

Bahhh hahahahahahaha! Thats highly amusing (for us anyway!) Made me smile :D
*EQL*

I am surprise that I don't post a comment here yet! :shock: But I love that song! Sweet! :D

I'm going to post it on FB a bit soon. :)

I love her body language. The way she does the "fuck you" is classic.

Seems to me the grammar she uses is more PSE?

I love her body language. The way she does the "fuck you" is classic.

Seems to me the grammar she uses is more PSE?

It almost seemed like SEE but I'm not familiar with PSE. Definitely not 100% ASL only. She was lip saying the words to the song from beginning to end and signing almost every word to the song.

Still, I loved it. I also loved her body language and how she say "fuck you."

to be perfectly frank.. i tried like five times to watch this video.. the furthest along i got was 1:07. no sense in it at all.

to be perfectly frank.. i tried like five times to watch this video.. the furthest along i got was 1:07. no sense in it at all.

I couldn't even go any further than 30 seconds and that was the first and last time I watched it.

wow I'm weak sauce. I got to around 0:35 and then threw up.

Then you should have titled the post: "The Power of Shitty Sign Language" :lol:

Back