The Power of Love

lumbingmi

Reaction score
BEACH CITY, Ohio—A man climbing a rock in eastern Ohio to spray-paint a love message died after slipping and falling, his friend said.
Arthur Lewis, 21, of Navarre was pronounced dead Wednesday at Akron City Hospital.

Lewis and friend Richard Burkey climbed to the top part of Mackin's Rock in Tuscarawas County Tuesday so Lewis could paint “Art loves Kaylee,” his girlfriend of more than three years, Burkey said. The rock, south of Beach City, is painted with several other similar messages.

“He was trying reach out further to get her name done,” Burkey said. “He kept saying her name was too long. He tried to reach out further and he slipped.”

The Summit County Medical Examiner's Office is investigating the death and said Lewis fell 25 to 30 feet.

Burkey said his cell phone didn't get reception at the rock, so he put Lewis in the back of his pickup truck and drove to a service station, where medical assistance was called.

Lewis is believed to have been with a friend or relative near Hobo's Cave at the time of the fall and was flown by medical helicopter to the Akron hospital, the medical examiner said.

For additional health information, visit OhioHealth

The Columbus Dispatch : Man painting love message on rock dies after fall

Yeow, In the name of love, I guess that fella was only trying to express his love for his girlfriend but to be met with his death - unfortunately. It's sad to see something like this to happen.

It's amazing how the feel of love gets to a person whether it's crazy or not.

Uhhh...love can make people do stupid things...:ugh3:

I think it was the power of stuipidity...

You call that the power of love where he dies slipping on the rock attempting to spray paint rocks his messages??? I call that the "Power of Stupidity!

Aw that's so sad, at least she knows that he truly does love her :(

You call that the power of love where he dies slipping on the rock attempting to spray paint rocks his messages??? I call that the "Power of Stupidity!

Why you call that the " Power of Stupidity " ? That man never knew that this day was his last time of his life before his death. It just happened when he slipped while tryin' to paint his love's LONG name. If, her name wasn't that LONG, then maybe it will save his life ..hmm ? Of course, who knows ? He was just expressin' his LOVE for his girl.

Uhhh...love can make people do stupid things...:ugh3:

Speaking for yourselF :D

Like others said love can make you do stupid things or blind yourself. I called this power of love because it s amazing what love itself can cause even the most rational person to do stupid stuffs.

American soliders are sent to Iraq Wars to fight for our freedom and willing to do it out of love for America. AND YOU CALL THEM STUPID ? :eek3:

Back