The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are evil. Not all mentally ill people are evil; they don't all cause harm to others. Not all evil people are mentally ill; they can cause harm to others in perfectly sane ways.

If you are evil, something is wrong with you. So yes, they would be mentally ill.

They are evil. Not all mentally ill people are evil; they don't all cause harm to others. Not all evil people are mentally ill; they can cause harm to others in perfectly sane ways.

You don't have to be evil to be mentally ill, but you do have to be mentally ill to be evil. Do you think sane people commit serial murder?

And, btw, they commit evil acts. That doesn't mean they are evil people. It means they are sick people.

You don't have to be evil to be mentally ill, but you do have to be mentally ill to be evil. Do you think same people commit serial murder?

And, btw, they commit evil acts. That doesn't mean they are evil people. It means they are sick people.

Oh yes, John Wayne Gacy was completely sane while he killed all these young men and stuffed them into his basement stinking up the whole neighbourhood.

Oh yes, John Wayne Gacy was completely sane while he killed all these young men and stuffed them into his basement stinking up the whole neighbourhood.

Excellent example.

You don't have to be evil to be mentally ill, but you do have to be mentally ill to be evil. Do you think same people commit serial murder?

If I'm not mistaken, serial killers are not insane in the legal sense of the word. They (the majority) don't suffer from delusions but they suffer from a profound lack of empathy so they are unable to relate to people on anything more than a superfical level. And yes, they'd be mentally ill as they have no empathy for others.

I see you beat me to it.

If I'm not mistaken, serial killers are not insane in the legal sense of the word. They (the majority) don't suffer from delusions but they suffer from a profound lack of empathy so they are unable to relate to people on anything more than a superfical level. And yes, they'd be mentally ill as they have no empathy for others.

No, they usually aren't legally insane. Clinically, you bet your bibby they are. Most of them do suffer delusions. Many are in full blown psychosis when they commit their crimes.

No, they usually aren't legally insane. Clinically, you bet your bibby they are. Most of them do suffer delusions. Many are in full blown psychosis when they commit their crimes.

Yep. Ed Gein was a real weird one. In fact, Norman Bates from the movie, "Psycho" was based on him. Wasn't he committed to a mental institution just like Norman Bates in the movie was?

:hmm: That's something to think about. Some examples?

What is definition animals then?
Take your pick:

an·i·mal   [an-uh-muhl]
noun
1.any member of the kingdom Animalia, comprising multicellular organisms that have a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow them to respond rapidly to stimuli: some classification schemes also include protozoa and certain other single-celled eukaryotes that have motility and animallike nutritional modes.

2.any such living thing other than a human being.

World English Dictionary
animal (ˈænɪməl)
—n
1. zoology any living organism characterized by voluntary movement, the possession of cells with noncellulose cell walls and specialized sense organs enabling rapid response to stimuli, and the ingestion of complex organic substances such as plants and other animalsRelated: zoo-
2. any mammal, esp any mammal except man

Medical Dictionary
1an·i·mal definition
Pronunciation: /ˈan-ə-məl/ Function: n1 : any of a kingdom (Animalia) of living things including many-celled organisms and often many of the single-celled ones (as protozoans) that typically differ from plants in having cells without cellulose walls, in lacking chlorophyll and the capacity for photosynthesis, in requiring more complex food materials (as proteins), in being organized to a greater degree of complexity, and in having the capacity for spontaneous movement and rapid motor response to stimulation

2 a : one of the lower animals as distinguished from human beings b : MAMMAL broadly : VERTEBRATE

animal an·i·mal (ān'ə-məl) n.

A multicellular organism with membranous cell walls of the kingdom Animalia, differing from plants in certain typical characteristics such as capacity for locomotion, nonphotosynthetic metabolism, pronounced response to stimuli, restricted growth, and fixed bodily structure.

An animal organism other than a human, especially a mammal.

Some that I've read about seem to suffer from mistrust of women they think they're evil. Would that be an example of a delusion?

Ted Bundy. He often pretended to be disabled or injured to win over young and attractive women. Then he would kill them. However, sometimes, if he can't help it, he just go to their houses at night and bludgeoned them to death. It's the sane thing to do.

Ted Bundy. He often pretended to be disabled or injured to win over young and attractive women. Then he would kill them. However, sometimes, if he can't help it, he just go to their houses at night and bludgeoned them to death. It's the sane thing to do.

True. It's not a normal thing for a man to do. But I don't see any example of delusions here unless you're referring to his distrust of women. Some of his acts were ... unspeakable.

Yet it's "insulting" to be lumped into the same category as that of a dog. You don't have much respect for life of all created by God.
:confused:

Just because I recognize the difference between humans and animals doesn't mean I don't have a respect for life.

True. It's not a normal thing for a man to do. But I don't see any example of delusions here unless you're referring to his distrust of women. Some of his acts were ... unspeakable.

I don't know if you were aware, but Ted Bundy was a necrophiliac. He was a very dominating person. He had to have control. From what I remember, he went after women who resembled his first girlfriend. He never got over her, so he started killing people.

:confused:

Just because I recognize the difference between humans and animals doesn't mean I don't have a respect for life.

You certainly don't if you believe that your species superior to all of the species, which we aren't.

I don't know if you were aware, but Ted Bundy was a necrophiliac. He was a very dominating person. He had to have control. From what I remember, he went after women who resembled his first girlfriend. He never got over her, so he started killing people.

oh I knew. That's what I meant by his unspeakable crimes.

If you are evil, something is wrong with you. So yes, they would be mentally ill.
Not all evil people are mentally ill. Not all mentally ill people are evil.

If someone is evil, yes, something is wrong with that person. That person is not right.

Right and wrong, good and evil are moral descriptions.

You certainly don't if you believe that your species superior to all of the species, which we aren't.
Yes, humans are superior to animals. That doesn't mean animals can't be valued for what they are.

Not all evil people are mentally ill. Not all mentally ill people are evil.

If someone is evil, yes, something is wrong with that person. That person is not right.

Right and wrong, good and evil are moral descriptions.

Sorry, but if you are evil, you are not right in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back