the new Phonak Naida IXs

sirena rossa

Reaction score
Helloooo everyone! :wave:

it's been a while since I have looked around on here! its been busy for me lately!
I read on a different post that Phonak released a new model of the Naidas. a #9 model. so now there is III, V, and now IX.

I am going to see if my audiologist can get some for me to try out. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who has tried (or planning to try) them yet?

They are the same gain/power just a few extra features. I already have the V model so I won't rush out to buy the IX unless the V stops working and can't be repaired. I wish they would make a model with transposition that has a programmable cutoff instead of fixed at 1500Hz. I need a lower cutoff like 750Hz or 1000Hz.

I dont have Phonak Naida at all so I don't really know much about them. I have a Spirit 3

ok so what's the difference between the IX and the V? Not that I'm going to even attempt to get the IX... the V was frustrating enough as it was for me the 3 months I tried it out last year.

ok so what's the difference between the IX and the V? Not that I'm going to even attempt to get the IX... the V was frustrating enough as it was for me the 3 months I tried it out last year.

well apparently theres a few new features that the V and III do not have. plus the IX has 33 channels (in the programs i assume?)
here is a comparison chart so u can see for urself.
And why were the Vs frustrating for u?

Naída Phonak - Adult

nothing sounded right or normal, music sounded horrible, I couldn't make sense of anything, everything sounded terrible.. and not only that, but the hearing aid had so many problems with it, and was sent back and exchanged for other V's and I still had a lot of problems with them.

I'm scheduled to get a pair of IX's in about 4 weeks from the VA, and will post the results. This will be my first venture into a digital HA. I'm hoping that the Bluetooth connection using the iCom will allow me to feel secure using the phone again, as I hate to keep asking someone to repeat themselves and then still not understand.

I have been using V for 2 years. If you maintain it well (Taiwan is very humid), it can give you good sound, especially on high frequency.

Recently I sent my V back for maintain, my audiologist borrowed me a XI for a try. After 1+ week, I am love in it very much because XI give me as much sound as it could and my brain can have a chance to pick up the information depending on the needed. At begin, I feel too much sound, now I am getting use to it. I can improve my sense on hearing more and try to understand every single sound.

Today, I went out for lunch with my colleague, one child shout to him and ask him to pick up the baseball for them. We are very far away from the child, and the shout sound is very little. Now I recall that actually I can hear the shout, but just only need to explain it thru my brain.

I feel I can train my hearing sense with XI, so I order one pair XI today.

I have had the Nadia IX UP (the most powerful HA on the market) for over a year now. Very good. The Bluetooth thru the iCom is fantastic. I use it when I need to use the telephone. It gives me the telephone sound thru both aids. The one drawback is the iCom. It only lasts for about 3-4 hours, then has to be recharged. Can be a problem on the road.
I am going to have to give up one of my Nadia's, as I have been approved for a CI. Hope to have it done next month.

The Naida V's come in a JR version. My guess is they figure kids don't need the "extras" that IX's offer.

I don't think the IX is avail to children seeing as it has the bluetooth feature and the zoom which i'm guessing they don't think children need

there's IX SP, which takes the size 13 batteries, then there's IX UP, which takes the 675 batteries. so the SP would probably be a bit smaller than the UP. But as for JR sizing, I don't know much of anything about it, I wasn't even really aware there were JR sizes.

if i remember correctly, the JR isnt actually any different than the regular, it just comes with the smaller earhook as standard. Physically it is the same aid though.
*EQL*

Okay... so I may order the junior V and give them a try. And a FM system for at home.

if i remember correctly, the JR isnt actually any different than the regular, it just comes with the smaller earhook as standard. Physically it is the same aid though.
*EQL*

That is right. Only XI SP is a little bit smaller than UP. XI SP uses 13 battery.

ugh. I've gotten these Naidas in May 2010 and I've had 6+ problems with them so far! I had problems with these hearing aids within 2 hours after getting them! I sweat a lot during workouts so I thought I damaged them ... but then I found out they were water resistant. It was quite a shocker, cause if they were then I wouldn't have had any problems. Then the sound keeps randomnly going on and off! The only good thing I noticed about these was that the sound was more clearer. Not much of a difference from my old hearing aids (which I'm wearing right now, since the Naidas are broken. AGAIN.)

Maybe I got a bad pair ... but, these hearing aids are the worse I've ever owned.

talk to your audie about the compression settings (maybe turn off compression or something like that, I can't remember). I had those similar problems when I first trialed the Naida V's 2 years ago... I explained those problems to my new audie in August and she said it was probably a compression problem. I've been wearing the IX since late August and I haven't had any issues, no cutting off or anything.

Back