The ideas of date.....

Gemma, are you an Oregonian? I've only been here a little over a year. I worked bees in Clakamus County and live in Linn County. The balloons take off at Timber Linn Park, right out my front window. You are sure right how visiting the wineries is a terrific date, but you haven't lived till you taste mead, the wine made from honey.

I can spend the whole day at Powell's Book Store in Portland, one entire city block of multi-level bookshelves. Even has its own espresso shop.

For folks who don't like skis and snowboards, a good date is sledding and tobogganing the foothills of Mount Hood and Bachelor Mountain.

Yep I am an Oregonian :) I have tried wines from grapes and rice but honey? Hmmm..must be a very sweet wine?

Powells! Yeah you scored a point! ;)

Dont forget - going up to Timberline Lodge is a romantic idea of date too! Sitting in front of the massive fireplace, drinking hot schnapps, watching skiers through windows and petting Bruno!

Sherny, yeah, I would love to see/feel a rocket blast into space. Save me a seat for that one.

Deafilmedia, Yep, a scenic picnic is a perfect day-date. I've been hitting the picnic sites at covered bridges along Crabtree Creek. Beautiful.

Gemma, this January I'm going to try to find a gal to visit Timberline Lodge for fondue at the firepit.

I'll need to do this on a visit back to Montana or better yet Alberta, Canada, but few late-night dates are better than watching The Northern Lights. What a show!

Sherny, yeah, I would love to see/feel a rocket blast into space. Save me a seat for that one.

Deafilmedia, Yep, a scenic picnic is a perfect day-date. I've been hitting the picnic sites at covered bridges along Crabtree Creek. Beautiful.

Gemma, this January I'm going to try to find a gal to visit Timberline Lodge for fondue at the firepit.

I'll need to do this on a visit back to Montana or better yet Alberta, Canada, but few late-night dates are better than watching The Northern Lights. What a show!

Sure......come on down and see it. Pretty cool. I watch it every launch day or night.

Another great date I have had was having the guy and I trying out a new recipe together - it always gives me glimpse of his character - you can tell a lot about a man by his cooking or washing dishes ;) I find men much more talkative while doing things so I try to engage them in action that would be fun for both of us yet have him open up without realizing it :)

Another great date I have had was having the guy and I trying out a new recipe together - it always gives me glimpse of his character - you can tell a lot about a man by his cooking or washing dishes ;) I find men much more talkative while doing things so I try to engage them in action that would be fun for both of us yet have him open up without realizing it :)

YEAH..........the way a guy cooks say a WHOLE lot about them.

That's a really good post-second-date-date, Gemma. I have a propane grill on my third floor verandah overlooking the creek (ha ha ha, "verandah" is too fancy a word for an 8 by 8 overhanging porch). I do honey-glazed venison chops to die for.

I can talk when I cook, but not speechread, because I either make mistakes with the food or conversation. For the gal I date who signs, we usually argue books and videos, so it's best not to cook then, either.

I guess it would also depend where you are what you can do. Like my hometown, there where some places to go, like the Falls in Canada/Buffalo. Rochester had a lot of history places to go to.

Where my wife is from, there a lot too. There was the OK Coral and Tomestone. There places is Tucson and Phx.

Now we are in Germany for a couple more years, and there even other places we can't go in the states. There soo many castles here. Also, soccer games and other historical places. The cities and the markets have been built real nice. Also, if you go out and eat, don't have to get up and leave soon as you are done. Can sit and chill for hours talking and getting to know each other and it won't bother anyone.

I guess it would also depend where you are what you can do. Like my hometown, there where some places to go, like the Falls in Canada/Buffalo. Rochester had a lot of history places to go to.

Where my wife is from, there a lot too. There was the OK Coral and Tomestone. There places is Tucson and Phx.

Now we are in Germany for a couple more years, and there even other places we can't go in the states. There soo many castles here. Also, soccer games and other historical places. The cities and the markets have been built real nice. Also, if you go out and eat, don't have to get up and leave soon as you are done. Can sit and chill for hours talking and getting to know each other and it won't bother anyone.

Yeah dinner is a "nice" date but you do have to get up and go. I think one of the best dates I ever had was walking around downtown Chicago at night and then going up the Sears tower and seeing the city all lit up at night. Very beautiful. Sitting on a park bench watching Buchamingham foutain light up at night is very nice.

Hey, Handsome Smiley! Ha ha ha, your name suggests you're a chick magnet. My name says the opposite. I have to chase 'em.

When I was stationed in Germany in the middle of the last century, the army training center near Grafenwoehr was a tank and artilliary range. I sure hope the cracker-box barracks we had have been improved.

I was stationed farther south in Goeppingen, between Stuttgart and Ulm, ins Der schwarze Wald.

Anyway, back here in the land of round doorknobs, a nice date is "bazaar shopping." My invitation is kind of a trap. First I let her pick, usually some flea market or mega-garage-sale. Afterwards, we hit a gun show. If she wrinkles her nose or argues FOR gun control, I ditch her and let her walk home.

Just kidding, but there's usually no subsequent date, ha ha ha.

Last edited:
Hey, Handsome Smiley! Ha ha ha, your name suggests you're a chick magnet. My name says the opposite. I have to chase 'em.

When I was stationed in Germany in the middle of the last century, the army training center near Grafenwoehr was a tank and artilliary range. I sure hope the cracker-box barracks we had have been improved.

I was stationed farther south in Goeppingen, between Stuttgart and Ulm, ins Der schwarze Wald.

Anyway, back here in the land of round doorknobs, a nice date is "bazaar shopping." My invitation is kind of a trap. First I let her pick, usually some flea market or mega-garage-sale. Afterwards, we hit a gun show. If she wrinkles her nose or argues FOR gun control, I ditch her and let her walk home.

:giggle: Wow a date at the gun show............that must weed em out fast!!!

Yes, they have improved the barricks here. That is where I am stationed right now. They have improved stuff around here in just a year, so I won't know what it looked like before. There is a brand new px, commissary, class 6(gas station liquar store), health clinic, barricks and family housing off post. Also Graf suppost to be one of the main post left in Germany as they down size everything. It is growing and everything.

Also, I do miss the round doorknobs. Also, miss Wal-Mart and things open on Sunday. Wife don't really care for the hills as well. She grow up in Tucson and was with me at Ft. Bliss.

Back