The ex bashing/discussion thread

ahhh....I am back to bitch LOL. But this time it's about my recent ex-boyfriend. We dated for almost 5 yrs. Here some back story:
First problem; I have never met any of his family or friends. And last year I borrowed a camera from him and found some pics of him with another woman. In some of them he is kissing this woman. His excuse? He told me that this woman was his sister's college friend and the pics of him kissing her were to "freak my sister out". I have many male friends, and there are no pictures of me kissing any of them.
He's has agoraphobia. So he's more comfortable in his 'safe zone', which happens to be Queens county. If I didn't IM/text or call him for an extended period of time he will get really upset & paranoid. Two times before I was unable to contact him. He would go off the deep end. And after having some bad arguments he said that he'd give me one last chance.
So, my birthday has just passed in April. And at this time he had told me that he's taking care of his ill Grandmother. So I told him on the Thursday before that I knew he was busy but some short call would be great. I heard nothing...no IM...no text...no call. Upset, I didn't try to contact him. Then I got really busy at work, we were getting ready to go to a local gaming convention called ICON. Months before, I told him that I'd be wiped working my store's booth at the convention, so I'd most likely not be on. I finally let my hurt go and IM'd him the Tuesday after the convention, no answer. I am continuously trying to contacting him and almost 4 weeks go by and I haven't gotten any IM back. On May 9th, I wasn't feeling well so I didn't IM him. The next night I had just gotten on the computer after seeing my son for dinner. And I get this very cryptic IM from him saying "I guess ya have given up. Ya dropped of the face of the Earth for the last time."
Confused, I answered back saying I was there every night. He said that I there was a 9 day period where he didn't hear from me. Now even more confused I wracked my brain to remember any time period like that. Finally after going back and forth for a while I realized he was talking about the week of my birthday! Now I am angry cause he hurt me, and I felt I was in the right to be upset about this! I told him the reason why I didn't contact him, and yes it was petty and I knew it would piss him off. He insisted that he had texted me, but I never answered back. I never do that. I checked my phone & there is nothing on my phone from March 21th - April 24th. So I decided to concede a bit and said that this whole argument was about a miscommunication. He didn't want to hear it, but he calmed down. Then out of the blue he says he wants to come out to see me, but he didn't want to talk about everything face-to-face, since the argument was over at that time. I was still upset and I wasn't sure I could meet up with him. Finally, I agreed and he said he would be leaving shortly and he got off the computer. Somewhat relived I hopped into the shower, and I left my computer on with my cell next to it.
When I got back, there was a couple of IMs from him saying that he had texted me. I looked at my cell and again no text. He said it was strange, and that there must be something wrong with my phone. Continuing, he said that his boss called to say that his (the boss's) wife was sick and he had to bring his wife to the ER. That would mean he would have to go into work early, so our meeting would have to be another night. His exact words were: "I am going to have to cancel for tonight. I really wanted to meet up for one last time. But it will have to be another night."
One last time? I felt like I was slapped in the face. When I questioned the 'one last time' comment he said "Well, I am still pissed and I am not sure if we can continue like this." Speechless and emotionally drained, I couldn't comment on that, so I let it go. We agreed that we'd get together the next night and we said goodnight.
I get on the next night, and again there is no answer. Every night this continues for a week and a half. Finally I decide I can't deal with the stress of him holding our relationship over my head anymore. And on May 24th, 2 weeks after the original argument, I IM him breaking it off. I delete his info on my computer & phone and shut down the computer.
The next morning I get onto computer to check my email, and I see that there is a IM conversation I received @ 3am from him. All it said was "So my assumptions were correct, you found someone else."
I had to read it twice to make sure I read it correctly and then I burst into ......gales of belly laughs. By the time I stopped laughing I had tears in my eyes. And I thought, "Gods, ya dated me for almost 5 yrs! If ya really knew me you'd know that I don't do that! And if you had any questions about me finding another, ya should have ASKED! I would have eased the fear. But no, ya didn't and in the end ya lost." And it was at that point that I was convinced he was trying to 'use' reverse psychology on me. I was either the other woman from the beginning or he had found another. And he was trying to guilt me. I ignored it and went on with my day.
That Thursday I had some old friends visiting, and I knew I was going to be in good company. The dinner was ok. But the conversation & the karaoke bar was like a blast from the past. After 6 drinks I decided that I'd crash at my friend's house that was the closest to the bar.
I went to work the next day, thinking everything was over & done with. LOL nope...On my break I was able to check my email....and again there is an IM conversation waiting for me. This time it said "I knew you couldn't answer that question." Shaking my head, I say to myself; "The first IM wasn't a question, it was a statement!"
That was the last time I had gotten anything from him. Maybe he has finally given up. We shall see.....I might need a giggle in the future. :dunno:

well... you said he has agoraphobia. there you go. a bad case of irrationality.

Back