4.Fathers Day
5.Groundhog Day

The 5 Best Holidays

1.Christmas
2.New Years Day
3.The 4th of July
4.Labor Day
5.Thanksgiving

Disagree on the 5 Dumbest...except Groundhog Day....and what about Grandparent's Day?

Of course you can. When you asked me about this

Its a religion question.Its against the rules. So i gotta be careful

No I can't speak for other people , some people my like the holidays you posted . I think valentine day and groundhog day is stupid . Did you see the groundhog biting the guy ear ? That was really stupid holding the animal right up the guy face .

A cat and a groundhog are not exactly the same animal nor are they the same in temperament.

A little surprised (I shouldn't be though considering...) that you put MLK Birthday as one of the dumbest. To me it does not belong on that list... it is a better holiday than Labor Day- it is a tribute to a man.

It would take me forever to do such a list and I won't because I have different feelings about different holidays (recognized or not).

Some history here from wiki:

Due to the campaign efforts of Anna Jarvis, several states officially recognized Mother's Day, the first in 1910 being West Virginia, Jarvis' home state. In 1914 Woodrow Wilson signed the proclamation creating Mother's Day, the second Sunday in May, as a national holiday to honor mothers.

In 1910, a Father's Day celebration was held in Spokane, Washington, at the YMCA by Sonora Smart Dodd, who was born in Arkansas. Its first celebration was in the Spokane YMCA on June 19, 1910. Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent who raised his six children there.

I think they deserve to have love for their special day within the family the same goes to grandparents, great-grandparents....

A little surprised (I shouldn't be though considering...) that you put MLK Birthday as one of the dumbest. To me it does not belong on that list... it is a better holiday than Labor Day- it is a tribute to a man.

True. I admire him for standing up for the best thing in all of our lives. I visited Washington dc where MLK statues were. there are so many people to check out and think how fortunate we all are in.

MLK Belongs in the history class in school. Not to be named an holiday after him. Like for example,,Lincolns and Washington's birthdays are not an holiday where you can take off work. But all state and federal employees take off on MLK birthday but why not on Lincolns and Washington's birthdays as well?

MLK Belongs in the history class in school. Not to be named an holiday after him. Like for example,,Lincolns and Washington's birthdays are not an holiday where you can take off work. But all state and federal employees take off on MLK birthday but why not on Lincolns and Washington's birthdays as well?

I think they used to be two separate holidays, but are now combined into President's Day...this coming Monday, when gov't offices are closed.

No I can't speak for other people , some people my like the holidays you posted . I think valentine day and groundhog day is stupid . Did you see the groundhog biting the guy ear ? That was really stupid holding the animal right up the guy face .

It was a publicity stunt so people could see the groundhog.

Because Lincoln's birthday is only observed in IL. That was last Thursday, where goverment/public buildings were closed. I do not know of any other state that has an official Lincoln's Birthday holiday.

Back