Thanksgiving Shopping Is Illegal In These 3 States

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanksgiving Shopping Is Illegal In These 3 States

Oh wow, I support blue laws to ban on shopping during Thanksgivings and Christmas.

I'm not complain if stores closed during holidays and just need go out to shopping earlier before holidays or make a list.

Wirelessly posted

It would be nice if those employees had the option to have off for the holiday for sure. I know a lot of them here have families and are forced to work and that's sad. :(

I don't see any reason to shop on Thanksgiving Day.

"Thanksgiving and Christmas are the main holidays affected in all three states, but in Massachusetts, blue laws also prohibit stores from opening on the mornings of Columbus and Veterans Day without state permission. Easter and New Year's Day are also sometimes included."

I do not believe this about Columbus day, I can't understand why we celebrate him.

Yes, I agree with you.

I'm not going shopping on Thanksgivings, but probably shopping grocery on Black Friday (afternoon).

Wirelessly posted

Foxrac said:

Yes, I agree with you.

I'm not going shopping on Thanksgivings, but probably shopping grocery on Black Friday (afternoon).

:Ohno: Be careful out there on black Friday! People are vicious! :Ohno:

Wirelessly posted

:Ohno: Be careful out there on black Friday! People are vicious! :Ohno:

I will be ok - my home to grocery store isn't bad at all, just light traffic.

I don't shop on Black Friday either, unless it's online.

I have grab a speciality bread for my lunch and it doesn't have preservation so if I buy it now so it won't taste fresh on Friday.

Yeah , after eating all that food I am surprises people are able to get off the couch to shop. They have black Friday to shop , I call it black and blue Friday , because of the way people fight over a hot item. Ah the true meanings of the holiday , a nice shiny black eye!

My Black Friday outfit is almost completed:

49568d1362152969-new-mini-series-history-channel-starts-weekend-vikings-viking.jpg

That's why people need to make list what they need for Thanksgiving dinner, but then some people forgot and came too late when stores are closed.

I might look at some items online for Black Friday deals. :)

My parents are forced to work on any holidays and they have never had a job that let them have a holiday off, unless they lucked out and it just happened to be their normal day off. But they both have always been stuck working for minimum wage too.

I don't shop on Black Friday either, unless it's online.

Eeeeeeeexactly! People here by me are INSANE! If I absolutely have to go anywhere, I definitely don't do it on the bike either.... These people here in Tampa Bay get CRAZY over $5.00 of something let alone the sales on that day! I'll stay indoors, feels safer. :P

Back