Thank you :)))

**maplesyrup**

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcomes I've recieved. When I saw my ENT and was diagnosed with this hearing loss, he also saw that my left eardrum was perforated. He didn't tell me at all what to do about it or anything like that, and instead sent me packing and told me to return in 6 months. That was two months ago. Personally I found this questionable as I had to go online myself to learn what not to do with this ear. I am the worst for scarring, lol, so I do have a fear it will not heal on its own, but at the same time I do not want to get any sort of surgery for it either. Boo hiss.....

I have had many perforated ear drums, they normally close on their own, I have only had one time where it took a year for it to close. but don't be worried they normally in time heal.

My daughter had two perforated ear drums at the same time when she was young. One healed on its own the other eventually needed to be replaced. I would not worry at this point. Go back to the doctor when he said to and you'll find out if it healed or not.

It would had been nice if the ENT at least told **maplesyrup** instead of letting them worried about their ear. What is it with doctors today ,they push out the door with one hand in your pocket!

It would had been nice if the ENT at least told **maplesyrup** instead of letting them worried about their ear. What is it with doctors today ,they push out the door with one hand in your pocket!
Told him/her what? The doctor said the there was a hole in the ear drum. That can cause hearing loss. Holes in ear drums can heal themselves usually, so he wants maplesyrup to come back in 6 months to see if it did indeed heal. I see no problem with what the doctor did.

Back