Tell us something about yourself?

What I enjoy the most is reading and writing. I was born in Havana. Before two years of age my family fled Castro's dictatorship. This May is marked as our 41st years living down here in Miami, Florida. When I young music was my life - rock music. I was a top notch bass guitar player. Those days are long gone but the memories are still fresh in my mind. I had a ball as a youth. Lived life to the fullest,

Today I am disabled with Bipolar Disorder so I am limited (a lot - my illness is on the real bad side) because of my Bipolar Disorder. I have a college degree, I could communicate in three language. I am single (who wants a Bipolar partner girls?? I thought not). My dad died last year. I have an older brother. All my friends are married with kids so I spend little time with them.

__

Why not? You can have my hearie best friend, she has bipolar since she was 16. If you want to know more info, ask me away! =)

I'm biggest fan of Anne Rice novels, have a dirty sense of humor, can't live without unsweetened Iced Tea drinks, have this huge crush on Trent Reznor...nah, not really, after all he's already married and has a baby. LOL
Anne Rice has a pseudonym, but I can't remember what it is offhand. I read one of a series of three books about Sleeping Beauty that are adult-themed. Perhaps you have heard of them.

Of course you probably all know that. No comments means good news, no? :lol:

I used to be a rodeo bullrider with the FCA. I am a volunteer with my State's Public Service Commission. I am a jack of all trades master of several. I used to do disaster recovery construction work. I like camping and gold panning and exploring abandoned mines. I enjoy restoring antique motorcycles. I grow my own vegetables. I was an English Creative Writing Major, Communications double major and minor in German Communication. I have a severe hearing loss in both ears (and have since I was 4). My father is deaf. My neice is HoH and so is my sister. I am the only one in my family fluent in ASL.

I have done volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity. I used to teach English to foreign deaf students with no proficiency in ASL. I was selected for a Secret Service Tour of the White House and got to meet Laura Bush. I have travelled extensively in Central America and Europe. I was invited to attend the Family Reunion of the Al-Obaid tribe in Saudi Arabia near the Red Sea. I helped a deaf refugee from Liberia become a US citizen.

I am sure the list will continue .. memory gets fuzzy

:shock: Ok, I'm impressed.

1. I'm a closet Goth. Yes, with the whole get-up of black lipstick and clothes. Check out my fav website: christiangoth.com
2. I love miniature pot-bellied pigs - especially pink ones. If I get one for a pet, I'll name it Hamlet.
3. I'm a Shakespeare freak.
4. I'm even more of a Jesus Freak. I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was ten years old.
5. I'm profoundly Deaf.
6. I secretly want to be in a punk rock band, playing all of the instruments- what a great way to release stress after a long hard day at work.
7. I'm an English teacher at a deaf school.
8. I'm very blessed to have awesome kids.
9. I am banned for life from all AGBell Association's events and conferences
10. I have shot people before...they deserved it.
11. I used to work in federal law enforcement (and hated it).
12. I'm a Christian, but I do cuss like a sailor. :/ That's my #1 vice. Shit.
13. I've had more pets as a kid than any zoo in the world. Should I start naming them? Shakespeare, Milkshake, Punkie, Tynelol, Advil, Midol, ok...I'll stop.
14. I love gourment cooking.
15. I'm addicted to scrapbooking and Pampered Chef.
16. And chocolate. Mmmmm.
17. I have been in all 50 states of the United States.
18. I hate the sight of raw grounded beef.
19. I own a pink Harley, painted with white daisies.
20. I'm terrified of clowns, mime artists, and jack-in-the-boxes.
21. I own a voodoo doll.
22. I used to be a Certified Deaf Interpreter (CDI) and terped for John Michael Montgomery, among others.
23. I take "pinky promises" very seriously.
24. I love cold pizza for breakfast.
25. I was a millionare for one day, before I gave it all to charity.
26. My naive mother used my vibrator that she found to mash potatoes because she thought it was a modern-day potato masher.
27. I was rescued from being stuck inside a dumpster.
28. I told President Bush that he was an idiot - to his face.
29. I had a full ride to Harvard but never attended.
30. I want to grow plants but they die the minute I look at them. The only thing I can grow is mold. :(

Ok, a secret only my mom knows .... When I was 3 or 4, I had the biggest crush on Tinkerbell. She looked like a hot blond - and dude, she could FLY!

I mean, what is cooler than THAT!

I wear toenail polish year-round. Love having pretty feet. :)

I've been told I'm smart, but I can be a total dumbass.

I love to buy shoes (at one time I owned 243 pairs)...but hate to wear them. I prefer to be barefoot. :confused:

I love to buy shoes (at one time I owned 243 pairs)...but hate to wear them. I prefer to be barefoot. :confused:

I have the same problem, only I tend to have a favorite one or two pair and I wear them all the time. Right now I've been wearing my workboots 6 days a week. :shock: My favorite pair are getting a bit jealous I think..... :lol:

I have the same problem, only I tend to have a favorite one or two pair and I wear them all the time. Right now I've been wearing my workboots 6 days a week. :shock: My favorite pair are getting a bit jealous I think..... :lol:

I had to wear steel-toe boots when I was working at Sears during college. After taking them off after wearing them on a long day, my legs would feel so light. Lol. But my poor toes...oooooooh. :( I hear ya.

I had to wear steel-toe boots when I was working at Sears during college. After taking them off after wearing them on a long day, my legs would feel so light. Lol. But my poor toes...oooooooh. :( I hear ya.

My boots aren't steel toed and they are comfortable, but thing is I now have callouses on my feet where my foot rubs the side of the boot. I wear Georgia Boot Mudd Dogs.

Pic:
165715_10150365948000456_847445455_16967207_5467229_n.jpg

Back