tell me again??

Braydens Mom

Reaction score
Ok, so tell me again why I like breaking young horses? Uh..

Today I was on a filly who I have out about 15 rides on. She was doing really good. Then decided she had had enough and body slammed me into the wall.. Not once but three times. (It was like playing pinball with 1200 lbs) Oh boy am I sore. My arm looks like hamburger. The inside of my knee is already black! Ouch! calgon take me away.... :giggle:

Today I was on a filly who I have out about 15 rides on. She was doing really good. Then decided she had had enough and body slammed me into the wall.. Not once but three times. (It was like playing pinball with 1200 lbs) Oh boy am I sore. My arm looks like hamburger. The inside of my knee is already black! Ouch! calgon take me away.... :giggle:

Ouch !!:dizzy: I hope you are ok. Arnica cream or gel and Vitamin E will help the bruising go away much faster. I bruise easily and my bruises will be gone in about a week using these.

I'm sorry. Hope you feel better. <hugs>

Sounds like this young horse was breaking you! :hmm:

My left arm is pretty swollen now at the elbow. The inside of my leg looks pretty nasty too. Everything is getting a tad stiff. Lol... Its something like this that reminds me I'm not getting any younger!!:(

My left arm is pretty swollen now at the elbow. The inside of my leg looks pretty nasty too. Everything is getting a tad stiff. Lol... Its something like this that reminds me I'm not getting any younger!!:(

Ok, here's your free medical advice...ice, ice, and more ice. And a Tylenol on top.

Feel better soon...:aw:

Ouch, When i was riding out for a trainer at Racing yard, I am the one who sit on the babies! one time I had a 17 hands 3 year old who is used to walker then straight on to gallops but this time we had to take them for a ride before going on to gallops. 4 Stars (his name) weren't sure (we were only walking and there's 4 of us) he decided to Brock! man it was like watching rodeo, i had nothing to hold on, tried so hard not to bounce off, his brocs was getting harder and higher so I thought better to eject! i came off but my foot were stuck in the stirrups, he tanked off with me stuck in the stirrups, i managed to come out of the stirrups. I had gone over the gravel. grazes everywhere, torn clothes. When trainer came to pick me up, the other people went after 4 star. When they got him, I got back on him, realised that i couldn't ride.... I had torn ligament in my elbow, it was soooo painful!
I went back riding 2 days afterwards!!!! with painkillers up to my eyeballs!

:( Sorry to read that... I hope you'll feel better soon! Ice is good for your swollen parts of your body... for the bruises you a wet/cold (not ice!) cloth to slow down the blood flood under your skin.

If possible stay calm (rest in bed) to also prevent the fast flowing of your blood circulation while moving around. Though I can see that with a child running around the house this could be difficult for you ;)

There's nothing much else one can do against bruises... Hope you will recover soon!

JamieLynn

Horses are intelligent, and they know they are being used. :) So, I think you should take up motorbike riding. :)

Ouch! I feel for you. I hope you'll be able to get well soon, despite all these bruises. I've been bucked off from a horse couple of times and it isn't fun getting to land on your butt or worse, your face.

There was one incident with a horse - It was when I was around 13 or so. My father, my stepmother, my sister and I were on a horse riding trail camp in Missouri. At the time, Dad only had 3 horses and borrowed another horse from a friend so that way 4 of us could go on the trail riding.

Anyway, The borrowed horse was already familiarized with my dad but it wasn't with me. Dad had asked me to feed the horse and water it. So, when I got in the stall to pour the water in the bucket - the horse was already close enough and I gently nudged the horse away to give me some room to get to the next pail to put the feed in it. Well, the horse didn't like it and bit me on my right cheek below the eye.

God, It was a bad bite and it hurted so bad. Everyone heard me screaming and the blood was trickling down on my cheek. They at first thought it might have been on my eye but after cleaning up the blood on my face, the bite mark was just very close enough to the eye. It was scary.

Ouch! I feel for you. I hope you'll be able to get well soon, despite all these bruises. I've been bucked off from a horse couple of times and it isn't fun getting to land on your butt or worse, your face.

There was one incident with a horse - It was when I was around 13 or so. My father, my stepmother, my sister and I were on a horse riding trail camp in Missouri. At the time, Dad only had 3 horses and borrowed another horse from a friend so that way 4 of us could go on the trail riding.

Anyway, The borrowed horse was already familiarized with my dad but it wasn't with me. Dad had asked me to feed the horse and water it. So, when I got in the stall to pour the water in the bucket - the horse was already close enough and I gently nudged the horse away to give me some room to get to the next pail to put the feed in it. Well, the horse didn't like it and bit me on my right cheek below the eye.

God, It was a bad bite and it hurted so bad. Everyone heard me screaming and the blood was trickling down on my cheek. They at first thought it might have been on my eye but after cleaning up the blood on my face, the bite mark was just very close enough to the eye. It was scary.

Bites hurt! I know!!. My stud colt nipped me on the back of the neck the other day when I was cleaning his stall. He got the fork to the belly for it! Well, my knee is pretty stiff today. Don't think I will be riding the babies today. Maybe I'll just go to the movies! lol

good lord! the horse bite? :Ohno:

Ouch, hope you recover sooner! Tsk tsk at your horse for hurting you.

Ouch. I hope you get better soon. LOL, breaking horses is kinda hard on older people.

Lol... Its hard to deal with aging. I feel like I'm 50 right now, and only 37! I've just been a tad on the accident prone side lately. I got stitched over my left eye a little over a month ago when the stupid strap of a blanket hit me in the face. :aw:

Ouch! Hope you are healing well this week. Sometimes horses have a mind of their own....

Thank God I've never been bitten by a horse! They HURT. Probably because I can read the horses' feelings before they get too far like biting, kicking.

However, I almost got kicked in a stall helping a friend do her farm chores. I got thrown off by a 3 yr old (Tried to hold on but the 3rd kick in the opposite direction got me off!) and got stepped on just under the heart! Fractured rib right there. 2 horses tried to scrape me off by ducking into trees with low branches. A horse reared high up and lost his footing and fell on top of me. We broke a fence together. That was a real freak out scene because I was supposed to have a broken back or at least died. I got up and finished the lesson on a different horse. I still have the scars from that. The farm sold the horse (the one that reared high up) the following week! I have had a couple sprained fingers from horses that went ape! I can go on and on.

I can imagine feeling your age with the horses......on some days! I'd ride anytime with you....:wave:

I forgot--you like breaking in horses becuase it's a challenge that you like to take on! I like to ride horses that need training because they then keep me on my toes and force me to keep "training" to be a better rider.

Pushbutton horses are GREAT when you wanna win ribbons but after a while, riding a different horse refreshes you!

Ha ha. I think you're either crazy or a serious machosist to break them.

But I hope you're on pain meds and you heal soon.

Back