Teens and the Clothes They Wear.....

I dont have a lot of room to say much being a college student myself (thus not far away from my teen years), but something like that doesnt seem too bad. Maybe have him sell some of his other clothes to make money for more of the stuff he likes. You have to give a little and let them express themselves. Not saying they should look too extreme but...letting them indulge in some fads wont hurt them. Theyre only young once and in high school they dont need to work (usually). Let them get it out of their systems since they can look pretty much how they want at this point. I wish I had died my hair more in high school since now my job(s) require only natural hair colors. They have plenty of time later to dress nicer, have short hair, and to be an adult.

My husband had long hair when he was a teen-ager in the 70s, and of course so did lots of his peers. But his father didn't like it and didn't understand it.

His father thought blow dryers were for girls, and so one year at Christmas, got this great idea to shame his teenaged son into cutting his hair- or so the father thought.
He bought my husband a blow dryer and gave to it to him for a Christmas gift and watched and waited, expecting his son to be ashamed and embarrassed. Instead, my husband was excited and thanked his father enthusiastically, telling him that's exactly what he wanted.

Husband realized his dad was trying to embarrass him when he started swearing instead of saying, "you're welcome."

:laugh2:

Now, we're going thru another dilemma! He's overdue for a hair cut, and says, "I don't want one."....So he "slings" his hair back whenever it gets in his eyes....he says "I like my hair!...everybody says it looks good."

That's funny. I actually *like* long hair on a guy. But neither my husband nor my son like it (My husband associates it with his rebellious youth. I guess I do, too. :giggle:).

So my son's hair is not even touching his collar and he's been nagging me for two weeks to take him to get hid hair cut.

The only reason I haven't taken him is because the hair dresser he wants hasn't been at work the days I am in town. I just won't make a special trip at these gas prices, for a hair cut.

It is ironic, though, that it's the boy nagging his mother to take him to cut his hair!

Back