Teen 'serial bully' back in court

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Teen accused of beating up former friend has 2 court appearances Tuesday

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
Channel 4 learned that a Jacksonville teen who's been banned from Duval County Schools for bullying was be back in court Tuesday morning on the aggravated assault charge against her.

Investigators said 14-year-old Paris Cannon beat a Oceanway Middle School classmate unconscious, leaving her victim with a skull fracture and concussion.

Cannon appeared in juvenile court, where she learned she will be arraigned on May 8. Channel 4 has learned two other juveniles are charged as accessories in the case -- one for taping the attack and the other for luring the victim to the place where she was assaulted.

At 10:30 a.m. Cannon is scheduled for a hearing on the order banning Cannon from the school district by Judge Henry Davis -- a decision that has been called unprecedented.

"We have an obligation to do what we can to make schools safe," Davis said last week. "Children ought to be able to go to school and feel safe. They should not have to worry about being beaten up, given physical injuries, permanent injuries at their schools. The schools belong to everybody and not just one person or one group of people."

Investigators said last month, the Oceanway Middle School student dragged her classmate by the hair, slammed her head into a stone wall near campus, then got on top of her punching and slapping her until she was unconscious.

Fourteen-year-old Aria Jewett (pictured, right, in hospital) suffered a fractured skull and concussion.

"I got there before the paramedics and I was just hysterical I didn't know what to say," Jewett's mother Melissia Thomas said. "I didn't know what to do. I was just grateful that my child was alive."

Jewett said the fight started because Cannon thought Jewett was calling her names on Facebook. Her attorney said Cannon is a "serial bully" and is known for videos online show casing her fights with students.

Judge Davis' decision to ban her from school is being called "a landmark" and her defense attorney said he's not sure what his client is supposed to do now.

"From what I understand, the law is that the minor is supposed to be in school," defense attorney Richard Brown said. "By law she's required to be in school and if she's barred from every public school in Duval County, and she lives in Duval County, then I don't know what her educational options would be."

Brown said he plans to appeal the judge's ruling. He said the teen's parents live out of state and she lives with her older sister who works to support them both so she can't home school her or afford private school.

Teen 'serial bully' back in court | News - Home

I have couple solutions, one is send this serial bully to jive (Jail for kids), or boot camp for kids til they gets too cowardly to bully anyone up. Then send that kid back to normal school. It will have success results at very high rate. I prefer second option.

Yeah, don't they have behavorial schools for kids like this? You know.....education and special education would be SO much better if they created behavarial schools and special behavorial programs......Behavorial is common, but still...............and there's got to be something WRONG with this girl! She was severely beating up people?!?!?! WHY?!?!?

Breaking someones skull goes beyond what i'd call a bully.

Feel the same way....this girl is banned from any school in Duval County...so guessing she must be a "bad ass"..or thinks she is.....and she's done this before....even filming it and posting it on FB.....So....what's a parent to do when "bullies" such as this go to school and threaten their children?....Feel the Judge got it right on the nail!....Home school ....and keep her away from other students who are going to school for an education....not a "beat down!"....

This girl has a major problem...and will escalate as she gets older...she needs Boot Camp...and a "beat down" herself!....

Send her to her parents and let them figure out a way to deal with her. Boot camp sounds like the right decision.

Send her to her parents and let them figure out a way to deal with her. Boot camp sounds like the right decision.
I agree. Sometimes, boot camp is the only decision.

I remember seeing an episode of a talk show where these parents had teenage daughters that were HORRIBLE. They had drinking and drug problems. They never cleaned their rooms, listened to their parents, always cussed, hit people, etc. So, they put the girls through boot camp. They cleaned up.

Then a month later, the drill sergeant paid these girls a visit. A couple of them reverted to their old ways. But as soon as they saw the drill sergeant, they immediately went from monsters to little babies crying and shaking out of fear.

There's also a television show where they take teenage troublemakers to prison and have prisoners taunt them so bad that they shit their pants and cry.

I think she should go to a behavioral center.... she's so young that if nothing is dealt with now she'll be worse than a bully later on down the road.

Don't get me wrong I am not even close to saying the parents should baby her, she definitely needs to learn from her actions.

Back