Teacup Poodle

Personally i hate poodles.. But .. i'm always wanting a Husky.. but heard their hairs fall all over the house.. yikes.. now i dunno :-/

I think teacups are so adorable from the look of those photos!

Are teacup poodles and mini poodles the same? Cos my friend has a mini poodle, and she is definitely not frivolous.

I was afraid of getting off topic by talking about another breed of dog in here, definitely an interesting topic ;) : http://alldeaf.com/showthread.php?p=188466#post188466

I will definitely have a teacup poodle when after my dogs passed away... I can't have it because my dogs weighs both about 90lbs. Yes, I have seen the teacup poodle at my sister's friend's party. :P

Gonji said:
Anyone have Teacup Poodle dog?

Gonji

I have never seen a teacup poodle, but I have seen an teacup yorkie before. I actually owned one until 1997.

They are SO cute! :)

I have a little poodle who was supposed to be a tiny toy, but ended up only growing to the size of a teacup.

Bullymom is right, poodles are the only kind of dog that doesn't have the same kind of "dander" as other dogs, therefore they don't affect people who have allergies.

Liza, no a mini poodle is fairly large, comparitively speaking. The size range goes from teacups being the smallest, to tiny toy, toy, miniture, then standard being the largest.

Only problem with teacups is that they are so fragile. Since they have been so specifically bred, they tend to have many ailments. There is a much higher percentage of birth defects in teacups, too.

My brother is this big burly man who has the sister of my dog. He grooms her himself, including painting her nails. She is the prissiest thing I have ever seen. Lately he is looking for a pair of riding goggles for her. He puts her in his jacket when he rides his motorcycle. Funniest thing I ever saw!

Eve said:
Only problem with teacups is that they are so fragile. Since they have been so specifically bred, they tend to have many ailments. There is a much higher percentage of birth defects in teacups, too.

This is true. Our yorkie was found to have severe neurological impairments that were inbred. He had hydrocephalus and a seizure disorder amongst several other problems. He wasn't expected to live a long life, but he ended up living for 10 years. He had rather complicated issues, but he was a sweet dog.

He died of a stroke in 1997. I miss the little booger.

offtopic: thought that bichon and lhasa apsos are also good for people with allergies? that was why i got a bichon/lhasa apso mix last month? :confused:

These teacup poodles look cute! But Im afraid that I will stomp on one if I have one....my puppy is already bad enough and Ive stomped on his tail a few times already :(

*sighs* Oh man, I want a teacup poodle or small dog ( doesn't matter what breed...) but I can't because I have 2 big dogs. :ugh2:

Everyone should see downing's teacup chihuaha, Spot!! Her oldest boy calls it "mini Dalmation".

Back