Teacher Tells Kids There Is No Santa Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My turn? I don't care what religion anyone follows, nor do I care if they want to post about it. I also don't delve into research, trying to undo their faith. It reminds me of the dad that dislikes the boy his daughter is dating, trying to find fault. "He smells bad, he has an earring, he rides a Harley" kind of stuff.

I just find it ironic that someone that does not follow Christianity closely feels they are an expert in the field. I don't pretend to be a psychiatrist.

Even if what you were taught as a Christian may not be correct?

That is absolutely correct. What happened was that the church wanted to convert the Pagans. They basically forced their way into the Winter Solstice and took their traditions and customs.

Wouldn't be the first time. What a sham.

My turn? I don't care what religion anyone follows, nor do I care if they want to post about it. I also don't delve into research, trying to undo their faith. It reminds me of the dad that dislikes the boy his daughter is dating, trying to find fault. "He smells bad, he has an earring, he rides a Harley" kind of stuff.

I just find it ironic that someone that does not follow Christianity closely feels they are an expert in the field. I don't pretend to be a psychiatrist.

There are any number of scholars of religious texts and doctrine that don't follow Christianity, but are experts in the topic. They generally know more about it than the Christians themselves do.

It seems that there is some confusion regarding Santa and Jesus. They are not one and the same.

There are any number of scholars of religious texts and doctrine that don't follow Christianity, but are experts in the topic. They generally know more about it than the Christians themselves do.

And there are a number of scholars that are Christians. So it goes.

It could be because of studying Christianity that one chose not to be a Christian.

Just offering information regarding how someone who is not Christian can be expert in the topic.

Right, but my comment was a bit more personally directed. Not going to bicker with you, since we have made our points. I know I am happy with my choice.

Right, but my comment was a bit more personally directed. Not going to bicker with you, since we have made our points. I know I am happy with my choice.

The fact that it was personally directed was duly noted at the time the post was read. I just decided to ignore the childish behavior and take the high road.

Funny how you will make snide personally directed posts one minute, and the next minute say, "I'm not going to bicker." If you don't want to bicker, don't start the argument.

Really? That's not very Christian of you, is it? Thought "spreading the good news" and converting others is part of the faith?

One does not need to be a believer to be an expert in Christianity. That's like saying one must be a writer in order to read.

Many expert scholars on the Bible and theology are not devout Christians.

The fact that it was personally directed was duly noted at the time the post was read. I just decided to ignore the childish behavior and take the high road.

Funny how you will make snide personally directed posts one minute, and the next minute say, "I'm not going to bicker." If you don't want to bicker, don't start the argument.
Absolutely. You tell me how I should act as a Christian, then when I fail to follow your perceived ideology, you chastize me. There was nothing snide about my comment. It was very direct.

And so I leave this thread, since I can see all the tribes swarming to light fires.

And now, it is the non-Christians turn to force their abstinence on the rest of us. So it goes.

Do you believe in love? You cannot see it, smell it, taste it; yet there is no denying it exists.

Great! You believe that abstinence does work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back