tattoo convention not for kids?

I think that's up to the parents what their kids can and can not do. If my kid wants to go get a fake tattoo, GO FOR IT! I'm plastered in real ones, who am I to be a hypocrite? People need to mind their own damn business and worry about their own kids when it comes to stuff like this. :roll:

I work tattoo expos... There's always tons of kids and honestly the parents are awesome. Some of the kids of tattooed parents awhile book after an expo are some of my most well behaved kids ever during shoots. They LOVE the expos because they get candy and attention from all the vendors haha. I don't think it's one bit irresponsible. Psychologically speaking too (I looked into this and did college reports on academic studies although I don't have time to look them up now) tattooed (parents/people) are some of the most confident and extroverted people ever. They score high and well on good traits on the psychological OCEAN tests. Pshh this reporter doesn't know what they're talking about.

I don't see a problem with it. Look at what is on TV now, they see much worse there and hear much worse at school. Think about car shows too... Half naked women at the vendor booths, pictures of half naked women in the flea markets, but still lots of families there.

I don't see a problem with it. Look at what is on TV now, they see much worse there and hear much worse at school. Think about car shows too... Half naked women at the vendor booths, pictures of half naked women in the flea markets, but still lots of families there.

Good point. I had an ad outside my elementary school with a naked woman on it. No place is safe.

There's a kids book I saw about "mom has a tattoo"... I'm very tattooed myself and boyfriend has a half sleeve. When I do an expo I give out owl temporary tattoos to kids attract people to stop :)

Good point. I had an ad outside my elementary school with a naked woman on it. No place is safe.

There's a kids book I saw about "mom has a tattoo"... I'm very tattooed myself and boyfriend has a half sleeve. When I do an expo I give out owl temporary tattoos to kids attract people to stop :)

I think people just assume "tattoos = bad person" which is 100% false. I know a lot of people with tattoos who are nicer than people with "pure" bodies. Same thing for piercings.

I think people just assume "tattoos = bad person" which is 100% false. I know a lot of people with tattoos who are nicer than people with "pure" bodies. Same thing for piercings.

Same! Stereotyping and 100% my own opinion, I think people with tattoos and piercings are much more accommodating and they look at any sort of difference as a nonissue. That includes my experience with hearing loss. I see a lot of very welcomed tattooed and pierced quadriplegics and people who have muscle loss at tattoo expos - the way the use tattooing to deal with their accident or experience is respected and people are VERY sincere about their art... I think it makes people more bold sometimes. I met a half blind girl, a few people with MS, and in wheelchairs at the last expo... And unlike at other locations they're very forward about their disability like its a badge of honor, not something second to their personality. It's pretty cool how the expos bring that out in people.

I think with almost everyone having a tattoo, that kind of thinking is fading away.

Back