T-mobile G1

Ummm, I was thinking to go T-Mobile store and ask them about G-1 and data service only or not. I have SK2. I will tell them if must add voice service, how can I not able to hear and waste my money, not fair. I depend on data service only. Wait and see.

mmm it is now november 25 2008. G1's been out for a month any changes about data only plan?

Worse case, buy a unlocked htc android which is rebranded as tmobile g1. They mostly cost at least 500 bucks on ebay if you buy it now. I can simply get it and use it on at&t network. :)

The cheapest plan I can get is $55/month with $35/mo unlimited G1 data plan and $20/mo 60 minute voice plan. That was about 3 weeks ago. I dont know if they've changed anything recently.

i just called tmobile today and i asked about data only plan and that i'm deaf.

the rep put me on hold and when he came back he gave me $40 a month.
a bit high but data plan usually costs more than if you buy voice together.

i'm thinking about this. i might get this if the deal holds.

i just called tmobile today and i asked about data only plan and that i'm deaf.

the rep put me on hold and when he came back he gave me $40 a month.
a bit high but data plan usually costs more than if you buy voice together.

i'm thinking about this. i might get this if the deal holds.

Really? Did you call the TTY line or the main Customer Service number? I'd love to get the $40/month plan! I started with $65/mo and then shaved it off down to $55/month. $40/mo would be great, is it with unlimited G1 data AND unlimited texts?

i called the main customer service number.

he said 40 a month for unlimited web email and text.

Really? Did you call the TTY line or the main Customer Service number? I'd love to get the $40/month plan! I started with $65/mo and then shaved it off down to $55/month. $40/mo would be great, is it with unlimited G1 data AND unlimited texts?

were you able to get that $40 a month?

I saw G1 at Tmobile and was not impressed at all. It's slow and clunky. The user interface is not as "natural" as iPhone. iPhone UI is well optimzed for touchscreen.

I am getting iPhone for sure this July, that's when my Tombile contract expires.

just remember, almost all of the problems with the G1 right now are all software based. so that mean updates could possibly fix that by then. So I would recommend that you at least check it out again in july before you get the iPhone. just in case the G1 gets much more "natural" and better.

Deafscooter read and i have G1 too ( i like it ) also i have "unlocked" G1 allow Worldwide
SIM to run Fully 3G Feature, ( But problem is AT&T run only EDGE !!! _ Not 3G Speed...))

Deafscooter read and i have G1 too ( i like it ) also i have "unlocked" G1 allow Worldwide
SIM to run Fully 3G Feature, ( But problem is AT&T run only EDGE !!! _ Not 3G Speed...))

That's because Tmobile and AT&T uses different frequency of the celluar network. The G1 doesn't pick up AT&T's 3G so instead picks up the edge signal.

I saw G1 at Tmobile and was not impressed at all. It's slow and clunky. The user interface is not as "natural" as iPhone. iPhone UI is well optimzed for touchscreen.

I am getting iPhone for sure this July, that's when my Tombile contract expires.

iPhone cannot multitask....sad.

Back